AS SEEN ON...
At BB360, our mission is to bring inspiration and hope to families with special needs. We do this by actively teaching physical skills that enable our athletes to be more successful at home, at school, and in their communities. When our athletes build these important physical skills, it creates a chain reaction of empowerment that leads to improved self-confidence, more meaningful relationships, and independence.
We have created the Ball Skills Bag, an effective, affordable, and easy-to-use at-home program that is based on our popular Ball Skills classes that we have run for the past 2 years at our BB360 Headquarters in Pasadena, CA. While most of the contents of the bag can be found anywhere, the value of the Ball Skills Bag is in the curriculum. We call the curriculum our "Playbook."
The Playbook is:
- Informed by over 40 years of cumulative experience from an award-winning exercise specialist and a clinical psychologist with a niche practice in special needs.
- The product of significant contributions by a Doctor of Physical Therapy and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Functionally sequenced.
- Easy-to-use and understand.
We know that our families face huge challenges and we've created our Ball Skills Bag to address these challenges directly.
The BB360 Ball Skills Bag is:
1. Affordable. Families who have a child with special needs face HUGE bills in treatment costs. This program, with all the equipment you will need, is $65. That's it. You will need to invest 5 minutes a day, but you already do this and more, right?
2. Accessible. We know your life is maxed out with scheduling obligations to school and various treatment providers (speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, etc.). How can you fit another intervention in? With the Ball Skills Bag, you can implement any "play" in our Playbook for just 5 minutes a day. Families who have tried our Ball Skills Bag have easily implemented "plays" into their everyday home life, have brought the bag to the park for fun, and have even used it to promote sibling relationships. Because the Playbook is a comprehensive curriculum, we envision easy integration of the curriculum into already established home programs (ABA, Floortime, etc.) and school programs (Adaptive Physical Education). You don't have to schedule another intervention or go to another place because you have everything you need at your fingertips.
3. Easy to Use. Our Ball Skills Bag is very organized and written clearly. You will never have to guess what to do, when to move on to another step, or when to keep working on a particular skill. It's all written out for you. Everything you need fits into a BB360 drawstring bag, offering ease and portability. We've also gone low-tech with our Playbook on purpose. Based on feedback and our teaching experiences, we like using 8.5 x 11" paper. It not only allows us to flip between pages quickly (what's before and after the play), but it eases reading and allows us to prompt our athletes visually (larger font than mobile device output).
Our BB360 Ball Skills Bag is just the beginning. The overwhelmingly positive response to our program has inspired us immensely.
With the funds that we raise, we plan on:
- Shooting high quality instructional videos (to appeal to our athlete's visual strengths).
- Translating our program into multiple languages.
- Developing more athletic programs for specific sports (football, basketball, baseball, etc.).
Given the dynamic partnership of an exercise specialist and a psychologist, we have no doubt that we will continue to create fun and innovative programs that are effective. We know that we are only a part of the solution to improving the independence and happiness of lives touched by special needs, but we are committed to developing affordable, yet high-quality programming.
We have created a community that is a dedicated and hard working team. We all support each other and believe that we all have something to offer. As an example of this, some of the young adults at BB360 will be directly involved in the packaging and shipping of the Ball Skills Bags in this project, gaining invaluable job experience while earning fair wages. With funds, we will be able to create more athletic and sport specific programs, reach more people, and employ amazing individuals with special needs in our community. Everybody wins!
To a known family. If our campaign funds, you can send bags directly to the family that you know. At the end of the campaign, you will be prompted to enter an address of where the bag should go.
Donating to a family in need (BB360 identified). If you want to donate a bag, but don't have a certain family in mind, don't fret! We have identified families and agencies who could benefit directly from our BB360 Ball Skills Bag. If our campaign funds, we will let you know where your bag went and who you helped.
Supporting the Project. If you just want to help our project, you can do that also! Know that your donation will go directly to building the physical skills, self-esteem, and independence of individuals with special needs.
All Ball Skills Bags shipped in the United States will be sent via USPS Priority Mail for free.
All Ball Skills Bags shipped internationally will be sent via USPS first-class mail. International shipping rates apply.
$5 OR MORE
A personal handwritten thank you note from our BB360 team and a shout out on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
$25 OR MORE
1 BB360 T-Shirt.
$65 OR MORE
1 BB360 Ball Skills Bag for yourself or to donate to a family in need.
$85 OR MORE
1 BB360 Ball Skills Bag and 1 BB360 T-Shirt.
$120 OR MORE
2 BB360 Ball Skills Bags (to keep and/or to give).
$165 OR MORE
3 BB360 Ball Skills Bags (to keep and/or to give).
$300 OR MORE
4 BB360 Ball Skills Bags (to keep and/or to give) with 1 BB360 T-Shirt and 1 BB360 Hoodie.
$500 OR MORE
4 BB360 Ball Skills Bags (to keep and/or to give) with 2 BB360 T-Shirts, 2 BB360 Hoodies, and a 1/2 hour consultation with a Co-Founder.
$1000 OR MORE
5 BB360 Ball Skills Bags, 5 BB360 T-Shirts, 5 BB360 Hoodies, and a 1 hour consultation with a Co-Founder.
Risks and challenges
Given the high incidence of special needs in the world and the desperate need for high quality, yet affordable programs, we anticipate overwhelming response to our campaign. Some challenges that we might face include fulfilling orders in a timely manner and shipping to different countries with reasonable prices. We would tackle these problems like we do all problems that we face at BB360...like a united team with attention to detail, dedication to our athletes and their families, creativity, and hard work. We would love to hire more athletes for employment and would work with different shipping companies to identify the fastest and most economical way to ship internationally.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)