Partying Puppies is an original game that combines ZOMBIES, Puppies, edgy humor, and challenges you to get out of your chair!
Partying Puppies is an original game that combines ZOMBIES, Puppies, edgy humor, and challenges you to get out of your chair! Read more
About this project
- Our teaser video is DEFINITELY for the Classic/Family-friendly version because we kept all the P.P. bad-assery out of it so you could feel free to view it anywhere :)
PARTYING PUPPIES IS A GAME THAT HAS A LOT OF ZOMBIE-KILLING, PUPPY-KISSING, EDGY HUMOR, WITH COMIC POP ART …
Partying Puppies is absolutely new, totally different, and full of awesome sauce.
It is a combination of card play, real life puppies, ZOMBIES, charades (kinda), PUPPIES, & a twist on truth or dare that pushes the envelope on edgy humor every step of the way. It is a hilariously fun game that actually gets you up out of your seat…basically just to get your friends to laugh at you.
You’ll recognize the theme of the game; everyone knows and loves puppies & zombies. Everyone.
You’ll recognize the game mechanics; game design focuses more on tasks than complex rules. Which makes it damn easy to get started.
We know this game is different, and remarkable, and unique and when you realize it, you'll HAVE to get it! This is the game you're looking for...
There are TWO versions of the game - One for the younger friends, and family, and one for the older "kids" when the young'ns aren't around! (The packs combine to make a master pack that includes more players)
Why is this different?
Funny you should ask, because we were just going explain that with 4 SIMPLE REASONS:
1. The GAMEPLAY:
This game isn’t like any other card game because this gets you out of your seat, and into zombie-loving puppy-ridiculousness. The game mechanics are effortless because we want you to easily get to what makes this game genius- the tasks.It is the mini-games on the individual cards that make Partying Puppies unique. Watching your friends perform each of the card’s rapid-play obstacles is what sets Partying Puppies apart from the rest of the card game genre. You may have seen card games before, but that is where the similarity ends, and where Partying Puppies leaves every other game in the dust!
2. The ART:
The art is spectacle of slick comic book style scenes that are detailed, witty, original, clever, edgy, and NEVER REPEAT. Each and ever single card is different, every one. There are card ‘groups’ for game structure, but each and every card in that group has its own unique art. Each card pays homage to a particular dog breed and there are over 50 cards per deck with over 45 minutes of gameplay. Unlike other games that have a few separate scenes and group that similar art together, it was important to us to design a game that was a surprise each time you turned a card over. Each card presents its own complete scene, its own unique character; it creates a very special feeling walking through the Partying Puppies world.
3. The PUPPIES!:
The art pays homage to all puppies, everywhere- our puppies, your puppies, my puppies. You WILL find your real life dog breed within the Partying Puppies world. You will discover your childhood puppy, or your now-best-friend, and the feeling you get when you recognize your buddy on a card being a bad ass zombie fighting machine is mind-blowing. We don’t just like puppies, we’re obsessed with these little dudes and wanted to include them all while they battle it out through the landscape of the Partying Puppies zombie apocalypse.
4. The FUN:
You simply have to tear open a deck and hand out the cards and we guarantee you’ll have a good time, every time. We have played this game over and over and over and we still love it. It is never the same because each person acts each obstacle out differently and each variation seems funnier than the next. The humor in the cards is so crazily inappropriate at times, and so slow-burn-witty other times, that you get invested into each scene. The replay-ability factor of this game is off the charts! The Partying Puppies game is so much fun and plays so different each time, that we know, we absolutely know, you are going to love it!
There is no community like the gamer community- we are a tight knit group. And there is no community like pet loving community- we are a tight knit group. May the gamers and the pet lovers band together! We are different, and we love that we’re different! No judgement, all geek, pet lovin’ awesome sauce.
THE GAME ITSELF IS SO EASY TO PLAY THAT YOU CAN BASICALLY READ THROUGH A FEW GROUND RULES AND GET STARTED.
We kept the game mechanics super simple so all the thought & effort can go into the fun of the tasks, not so you would be overcome with rules. The tasks are hilarious, and ridiculous, but don’t be scared of them. If you don’t want to perform a task, don’t- it’s a game, with puppies! Puppies decide to do things one day and decide not to anything the next but they love you every day- no pressure, just puppy ridiculousness.
THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS OF THE GAME. The one for when there are children about is called CLASSIC.
The one where there are no children whatsoever nearby is called CRACK.
• DISCLAIMER: The CRACK VERSION IS OFFENSIVE.
It's ridiculous, and pushes the envelope, and it's just NOT for everyone. If you are easily offended get the CLASSIC version; that is edgy enough. This CRACK version is going to offend the "unoffendable". You can go to BoardGameGeek.com and search Partying Puppies; in the gallery we posted just some examples of the direction of the more offendanble cards. The tasks are going to make your friends do stuff they wouldn't normally do in a group, with their best friends, or even you. The CLASSIC game is plenty original and ridiculous for the faint of heart; we guarantee you'll love that version! The CRACK version is for the...ummmm... special gamers that just wanna have a great time :)
Each card of both the CLASSIC and CRACK versions have different art for EVERY SINGLE card, there are no repeats; even between the two decks!
The game is designed for 2-4 players with a single deck but more players can be added with a second deck of either Crack/Classic; double the deck for double the players. The decks are color coded on the backside so you can easily separate them… you know, in case you need to quickly look innocent and go to Classic-safe gameplay and hide the crack. The game runs about 45 minuets to play through.
GAME STORY: The zombie apocalypse has occurred and the time for the Age of Puppies is upon us! Be the last player to be turned into a zombie so you may live happily ever after in a land of puppyliciousness!
GAME GOAL: Once a player receives a BITTEN card they are out of the game. The last player to avoid the BITTEN card wins; it’s that simple.
• To start, each player gets to hold an ANTIDOTE card, which is the only card to counter the effects of a BITTEN card and hence save you from game “death”. Each player may then consecutively draw from the deck. The player who loves puppies the most draws first and so on and so forth, until the player who likes puppies the least draws last- why are you friends with that person?
• If an ACTION card is drawn the player must perform the action immediately before another card is drawn. Once that action is completed the player must then draw another card & keep drawing until a CHARACTER or ANTIDOTE card is drawn, & pray to the puppy gods they don’t pull a BITTEN card.
• If a BITTEN card is drawn the player is out of the game and the BITTEN card is returned to the used card stack, unless, they hold an ANTIDOTE card. The ANTIDOTE card heals you of the zombie virus and allows you to continue in the game. That player must give up their ANTIDOTE card & place it into a used card stack and then return the BITTEN card to the playing deck in any place they wish within the deck. This may be done out of view of the other players allowing it to be strategically placed to specifically target other players to get bitten.
• If a CHARACTER card, or an ANTIDOTE card, is drawn the player may hold that card and end their turn and the next player may then start their turn by drawing a card.
• To end each player’s turn, a card must be drawn until they pull a CHARACTER card, an ANTIDOTE card, or become a zombie by getting BITTEN. The last player to avoid getting bitten wins and ultimately proves that they are a better off living with puppies and not humans anyway.
• Antidote Cards: You want these cards, you need these cards, these cards are the Precious. Each player is given one antidote card at the beginning of the game. There is an opportunity to obtain additional antidote cards by drawing from the deck or by stealing one from another player by drawing a ‘steal a card’ game card during gameplay. Antidote cards may be held by the player until used; but may only be used once.
• Bitten Cards: These are the worst, these are your demise, these are your game death. Once you draw a bitten card you are on your way to being a zombie and out of the game. You do not want to get bitten and become a zombie. Zombies are dead. So you’ll be dead. Dead people can’t play Partying Puppies.
• Training: These cards are the foundation of the ridiculously funny (and embarrassing) scenarios that occur while playing Partying Puppies and require immediate action based on each card’s individual instructions. The more passion you put into performing these actions, the better the game- everyone loves watching ridiculousness!
• Puppy Park: These cards have instructions to follow immediately and include more traditional gameplay instructions such as skipping a turn, shuffling the deck, etc. • Wild: These are the only cards that include non-puppy characters as the zombie virus has mutated other creatures throughout the land. Follow the instructions immediately.
• Vet: These cards are just like going to the vet in a pre zombie world- the outcome may be good for you, or bad, but necessary to follow immediately.
• Character Cards: Character cards are an introduction to all kinds of puppies. They are puppy scenes that can be shared, traded, laughed about, feared, and admired. No action is required. When a character card is drawn the player may hold onto it. If someone using a ‘steal card’ attempts to obtain an antidote card from you than the character cards act as decoys and will allow you a chance to keep your antidote card.
CRACK EDITION: additional rules – the CRACK version is for ADULTS ONLY- Seriously, adults. More specifically, adults with a sense of humor, otherwise, the Classic version is perfect for you!
1. The gameplay for the CRACK version is the same as the CLASSIC version but follows a much more adult theme throughout. Both versions have the same game dynamics and may be played by combining the decks together for additional players (for two decks 4-8 players may play). The logo on the back of each CRACK card has a RED OUTLINE as an identifier as opposed to the CLASSIC’s BLUE OUTLINE so you may easily separate the decks at the end of play. The red line has also been known to strike fear in the hearts of men during gameplay; diapers recommended.
2. The CRACK version also allows players to add a drinking component to the gameplay. Adults, it seems, are much thirstier than children so Partying Puppies CRACK version has added the opportunity to quench that thirst so players can drink crisp, clean, delicious water…yea…um, water, during gameplay. (There is a BLOODTHIRST component added to these cards)
There are also other ways to play through the decks such as Lightning Round gameplay, Completive Points gameplay, or Attack gameplay. Just as we promised, the replay-ability factor is high with Partying Puppies!
1. Don’t fight. Zombies aren’t here yet, there’s no time for fighting.
2. Get into the game, don’t hold back; this is key. Yes, some of it may be embarrassing- who cares, stop caring. Zombies are coming, there’s no time.
3. If someone is uncomfortable support them, don’t make fun of them. But yes, laugh at them and with them. It’s supposed to make you laugh, but not to make you mean. Bullies stink like puppy poop.
4. Be more like puppies than zombies- puppies love everyone.
5. Puppies have pure love, unending curiosity, and are constantly fun. Don’t judge. Enjoy yourself.
6. Tomorrow, when you’re not playing, remember suggestions 1-5.
7. Adopt a puppy. Sure we love puppies most, but, if you insist, get a cat. I don’t know why you’d get a cat, but at least you’ll have cool videos for lady internet.
8. Give Partying Puppies as a present for someone. It’s the least you can do.
9. Don’t wait for an occasion for #8.
10. Puppies are awesome. When they aren’t that anymore, then they are awesome dogs.
So please, pledge towards our Partying Puppies campaign now and join in the fun! We will keep you updated along the way so you can see exactly how much good you can accomplish with us!
Brooks and Sebastian
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009779884370 https://plus.google.com/b/108949136117144503289/108949136117144503289/posts https://instagram.com/partyingpuppies/ https://www.tumblr.com/blog/partyingpuppies https://twitter.com/partyingpuppies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onGXnl7Tztg
Risks and challenges
We genuinely love the community or gamers and pet lovers alike; they are sincere, caring, loyal, and honestly a lot of fun to be a part of.
Animal care is a constant challenge and an overwhelming undertaking but extremely rewarding.
Designing and producing this game has also been exceptionally challenging and more time consuming than we could have ever imagined but a puppy load of fun!
We are ready to tackle production challenges and with the financial support of these two great communities this may truly be be the easiest part of this campaign! We promise we will deliver the best game product we can, and we promise to pursue a future that praises as many puppies we can possibly reach. With your help, we know we can achieve both of those goals. We already have the outline and narrative set and done for the next two versions, this is only the beginning. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for joining us!
Support this project
- (30 days)