The World's 1st Sneakers with Natural Soles that Glide = FUN
The World's 1st Sneakers with Natural Soles that Glide = FUN
We're getting funded privately now so you can order shoes regardless of our Kickstarter funding status. See our latest update!
We're getting funded privately now so you can order shoes regardless of our Kickstarter funding status. See our latest update! Read more
How did you think of the idea?
- Our story is in the "Full Bio" section in the upper right of this page. It rhymes.
What should I use GRV shoes for?
JUST GROOVE. That’s it. Well, okay, to be more specific, here’s some activities you should use GRV shoes for, and others you shouldn't:
What about women's shoes for dance-fitness?
- A funny thing happened when the girls showed up to film our women's groove video below. They saw our GRV Apache high-tops and said "Those are dope! Can we wear those instead?" But we don't have Apaches in their small sizes yet because we need your help funding the molds for every size! So we had to shoot this video with these rough early-iteration prototypes, even though we're redesigning them for the next round. But any girls who want to groove naturally at hip hop fitness classes or EDM shows or anywhere else can order Apaches or Amps in your size! Like VANS and Converse do, we will list the sizes for both men & women on the label inside our shoes. And remember, whichever shoe you choose, JUST GROOVE.
How do GRV shoes fit? What sizes are available?
- We modeled the fit of GRV Apaches and GRV Amps after the VANS Chukka Low because it's a great shoe with reliable fit and low heel-toe differential, and because grooving and skateboarding both involve side-to-side lateral motions that put similar pressure points on the feet. Amps and Apaches will be available in MENS 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13 14 15. WOMENS 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13
What do Groove Revolution shoes feel like?
- They feel like a revolution. First go try on some $600 Gucci loafers that have natural leather soles, groove around the floor, and then imagine if they felt as comfortable as Nike sneakers. GRV shoes feel like athletic shoes but slide like dress shoes to unlock your natural groove. Here's another way to think about it: it feels like the same amount of "slidability" as slippers or socks on hardwood floors, except there’s a nice protective shell of cushioning under your feet. Best of all, GRV shoes just make you feel smooth.
How long do the leather soles last?
- It’s like a skateboard: it all depends on how hard you grind’em down. If you ravage leather soles with a thousand slides in a row on rough asphalt (which doesn’t sound like fun so we don’t recommend it), you’ll obviously wear them down a lot faster than if you just wear them to get your soul into a natural groove at concerts, nightclubs, & parties. Pictured below is the leather sole on an old prototype that our founder rocked hard in for over a year, including on rough asphalt at the Long Beach Funk Festival for 10 hours one day. They still work, but he's moved on because you gotta keep your kicks fresh, son! And his new GRV Apaches are a lot sicker than these old prototypes:
See how primal that all-natural leather sole is? Yup, we're bringing back humanity's ancient, primal, natural range-of-motion to rock 21st century music scenes and create the most fun era ever. Welcome to the Groove Revolution...
Risks and challenges
Sneaker manufacturing requires substantial money, time, and labor. It requires expensive steel molds to be made for every shoe size for every shoe style, and lots of real people (not machines) to cut and stitch and bond all the pieces of every shoe together. Fortunately, we have partnered with an awesome sneaker factory in Fujian China that produces over 3 million units of sneakers per year for major brands, so our factory can handle a big order, and we sure hope to give them a big order via Kickstarter because that means a big number of people will become happier by having fun just groovin’ in our revolutionary shoes.
We wish sneakers could be magically made overnight, but it always takes about 4 months, even for the major brands. Here’s why. A typical 4 month timeline for sneaker manufacturing goes like this:
It takes about a month to make all the molds for all the sizes. Meanwhile, large batches of materials for all the shoes are ordered from the material suppliers (e.g. lots of cushioning, canvas, leather, shoe laces, etc.)
Then it takes another month or so for the factory workers to hand-build all the shoes, depending on how large the order is and how complex the shoes are. (Our shoes are pretty simple because their functionality is so revolutionary that we don’t need to adorn the shoes with a bunch of gimmicky bells-n-whistles like some brands do.)
Then it takes another month or so for the big cargo ship full o’ shoes to sail from China to Long Beach CA. However, suppliers always say to alott an extra month just in case there's any delays in the manufacturing process or the shipping process across the Pacific Ocean. So, as long as no alien spaceships zap our cargo ship through a wormhole back to their planet so they can have an epic groove party with our dope-ass shoes, we’re gonna get these kickass kicks on your feet by any means necessary, because seriously, it really is gonna make the world so much more fun than it is now and we can’t wait to get the groove party started!!!
Once the shoes arrive in Long Beach, we will ship each package to each customer via the reliable fulfillment center NRI Distribution because they already do it for many major shoe brands including TOMS, DC Shoes, Creative Recreation, and many others. Who knows, maybe we could save a dollar per unit by using a cheaper fulfillment center that’s less reliable, but that’s not how we roll at The GRV. We are on a mission to get you and everyone else rocking into a better mood every day as soon as possible because it’s gonna make the world a lot more fun for all of us. Thank you for backing the Groove Revolution so we can get the world groovin' naturally again. Life is about to get a lot more FUN.
The GRV Team
- (30 days)