Axis Game Factory Announces Release of AGFPRO v2!!!
Dear AGFPRO Fans,
After releasing AGFPRO in the latter part of 2013, we have been hard at work providing constant updates, features and DLC packs for the software, making it a strong and integral part of the development pipeline as well as a creative tool for explorative gamers that enjoy open sandbox gaming.
As many of you know, we committed to self-financing AGF and launched it on Steam in November of 2013, using their platform as our home base for the product. Software updates, community support, sales and communication happens on Steam as well as our website, Google+ pages and Facebook.
Since launching AGFPRO, we have also released two DLC's for users to enjoy stylized and genre specific gameplay that include our Fantasy Side-Scroller Player and Zombie FPS Player. Both of these DLC's include characters, enemies, gameplay mechanics and allow users to share their creations with others by using our Packager features, which creates an .exe file and users are able to immediately share their creations with friends to play.
This past week, we released version 2.0 of AGFPRO and PREMIIUM... this update includes a redesign of our GUI and breaks the software up into several Apps that make it easier than ever to use and very straight forward for level creation. Many new features were added and are listed below in a complete "update" below!
We have more features that will be added to AGFPRO and Premium that include additional DLC Players, DLC packs containing themed assets, the addition of Steam Workshop, and some other surprises!
On a final note, if you supported our PayPal post-Kickstarter campaign via our website and have not received a Steam key yet, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be sure to get Steam keys over to you.
The Axis Game Factory
Axis Game Factory Launches version 2.0 of AGFPRO's Entire Software Suite AUGUST 20 - AXIS GAME FACTORY, LLC AGFPRO V2 Updates and New Features Added:
Today, we are excited to announce the release of version 2.0 of the Axis Game Factory Suite of software for rapid level and game world creation.
Major new features have been added to AGFPRO, AGFPRO PREMIUM, AGFPRO Zombie FPS Player DLC, and AGFPRO Fantasy Side-Scroller Player DLC. With a brand new interface and a more simplistic way to create, the entire AGFPRO suite makes it easier than ever to design your game levels with the power of a prominent professional toolset.
New Features include:
New AGF Launch Pad
- This App replaces the AGF editor from the AGF icon in Steam
- Launches all AGF Apps including the Editor from one toolbar
- No need to go through the Editor to launch the Players
New AGF World Editor Features
- Redesigned GUI
- Dropdown menu system
- Collapsing, drag-able windows with easy to see icons
- 3x Speed increase for terrain sculpting
- Terrains can now be sculpted to 200 meters up and 200 meters down max
- Terrains are now expanded to a maximum terrain of 4000 meters square
- 10 levels of undo for terrain editing
- Undo Vegetation, Painting and Sculpting independent of each other
- Via the new integrated AGF Browser, users can now import their own original: Brushes, Terrain Textures, Terrain Vegetation Textures in .PNG format
- Edit the entire Default Brush library for users preference
- Project specific and default brushes independent of each other
- Underwater Fog added
- Underwater Lighting added
- Camera automatically changes the atmosphere when users are underwater vs. above water
- Added a "Build Time Clock" that is saved with each scene file every time users work, creating a standing time on how long each level takes to create
- Updated GUI in the Editor
- Custom Images can be both loaded and removed for the Brushes – Terrain and Vegetation
- Enhanced Grid-Snapping Features:
- On screen display of Grid Size
- On screen display of Grid-Snap Setting
- There are now reference numbers for both the X and Z Axis, the numbers change dynamically with the scale of the grid
- Grid Reference Number Scaling and Display Settings can be defined by the user
- There is now an NPC manager that is available when users place NPCs
- Users are able to customize text to give NPC’s scripts and sort the order in which the players are guided to speak and interact with the NPCs
- Users are able to name NPC characters
- New Smoothing Feature for the terrain sculpting has been added to give the user the ability to smooth and softer terrain on their maps New X, Y, Z directional compass added to the Editor
New Construct App Feature:
- Gone is the old prefab workspace and it has been moved into its very own App
- Construct is where you go to create your own prefab assets from the always-expanding library of textures and assets (over 1,000+) that are available in the AGFPRO Warehouse
- Users can launch Construct from the Launchpad or from the Editor
- Use the “refresh assets” button to load prefabs into the Warehouse library
- Construct allows users to import their own .OBJ files (objects or assets) as well as .PNG texture files Load your own models, .OBJ files, directly into Construct – USERS NO LONGER HAVE TO IMPORT THEIR OWN ASSETS THROUGH UNITY PRO!!!!!
- Combine several .OBJ files and save them as a Prefab to be used in the World Editor
New AGF Browser (file browser)
- This is a standalone browser that connects the AGF Apps together!
- The new AGF Browser is designed to be the glue that is used to bring in users custom content. Now users are able to bring in their own Textures and Objects files (Assets) into AGF creations without the necessity of using Unity Free or Unity Pro… This feature is HUGE as it empowers users the flexibility to create their own custom levels with any supported asset types they choose to bring in with the ability to take their scene files back into Unity to publish their own work
New AGF Packager
- By popular demand – we have added this great feature… AGF DLC users are able to package their games easily and share with anyone! Just do the following:
- Select the Game Type
- Select the Project Folder
- Select the Destination of the New Game onto User’s Machine
- Give a Name to the Game
- … And the AGF Packager does the rest… it’s really that easy! Best of all, friends do not need to own AGF to run the packaged game, nor do they need to have a Steam account. The Packaged Game is completely stand-alone, DRM FREE, and redistribution of users game(s) is encouraged. AGF Packager will make a game for the OS that it was packaged on. The AGF packaged games are NOT intended for resale. It’s about creating and sharing with all.
- As an option, the Packager will automatically zip the game(s) package for easy distribution and no installation is required for the end user to play – no installers are necessary for friends to play – just unzip and have fun!
New AGF Scene Loader Features:
- Custom Images that are used on terrains now load into Unity with scene created in AGF
- Any locked assets in an AGF scene are no longer an issue… The AGF/Unity Scene Loader skips any assets that are not supposed to load automatically
New Premium Features:
- Brand new AGFPRO Scene loader compatible for Unity 4.5.2f1