Slim wallets, card holders and money clips have been around forever, but each is a compromise for carrying what you need. Slim wallets are not meant for keys. Card holders are clumsy with cash. Money clips really aren’t designed for cards. Card holders with money clips are not slim. And key organizers require two hands to use. My goal is to create uncompromised personal accessories with timeless design. The result is three versatile products that are easy to use and barely noticeable to wear.
KeyCase holds up to 6 keys in a perfectly flat case, the size of a credit card.
CardClip is a super-resilient money-clip, slightly longer than a credit card, designed to securely hold cards, ID and cash.
KeyClip combines KeyCase and CardClip in an integrated key organizer and wallet.
Two cover plates: black or silver
Two backing plates: one-to-three keys (thinner) or one-to-six keys (thicker). Select the thicker backing plate for use with a USB drive.
Optional radio frequency (RF) blocking shield
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) enabled credit cards allow card scanning from a distance. Using portable, concealed scanners, thieves exploit this feature to wirelessly steal credit card information from RFID cards in your wallet. The optional RF blocking shield has a continuous layer of pure copper. When RFID cards are fully inserted between the RF shield and the all-metal CardClip or KeyClip, radio frequencies are blocked, protecting your credit card info.
Materials & Finishes
- Backing Plate: .036" thick 304 stainless steel
- Card Clip: .036" thick, half-hard, 301 stainless spring steel
- Cover Plate: .06" thick, 6061 T6 aluminum
- Key Ring: .09" thick 304 stainless steel
- RF Blocking Shield: .025" thick carbon-fiber/polyester/copper composite
- Hardware: stainless steel
- Cover Plate finishes: brushed, anodized, silver or brushed, hard anodized, black
- Cover Plate logo: laser engraved
3.54" long X 2.12" wide X .34" side profile, 1.9 oz
KeyCase 3 keys: 3.38" long X 2.12" wide X .20" side profile thickness, 2.1 oz
KeyCase 6 keys: 3.38" long X 2.12" wide X .28" side profile thickness, 2.1 oz
KeyClip 3 keys: 3.54" long X 2.12" wide X .48" side profile thickness, 2.5 oz
KeyClip 6 keys: 3.54" long X 2.12" wide X .56" side profile thickness, 2.5 oz
- KeyClip and KeyCase hold USA 2.0" long keys and 2.5" long keys
- CardClip holds up to 5 credit cards (0.2"/5mm) or an equivalent amount of cards, ID and bills
- Self-clinching binding posts prevent spinning, so keys stay secure
- Polycarbonate wear-pads for smooth key movement
- Recessed hardware
- Three large grab slots for "all thumbs" key access
- High-grip and fatigue-resistant card clip
- .025" thick, carbon-fiber/copper/polyester, RFID blocking shield
- Meticulous attention to form, fit and function
- Compact conveyance for everything you need
- Single-hand key access
- Barely noticeable in front pocket
- No more pocket bulge or key-pokes
- Works with most standard keys under 2.5 inches.
- Easy access to cards & cash
- Prevents Fat Wallet Syndrome (Piriformis)
- USB flash drive fits with thicker backing plate
- Durable and scratch resistant
- Quiet: no more jiggling keys
- Optional RF shield blocks wireless identity theft
- Perfect holiday gifts!
Risks and challenges
I have a background in manufacturing and metal fabrication and several decades of experience developing products from inception though production. My company, Left Field Design, has a long history of helping companies produce successful products. Metal fabrication shops, that I’ve worked with in the past, will manufacture and pre-assemble the KeyClip product line. Final assembly and fulfillment will be completed at a San Mateo County (California) organization that employs folks who can’t find work. They assembled the first 10,000 unit production run of a recent LFD proprietary product and did excellent work.
There are a number of precautions in place to mitigate risk. Soon after reaching our funding goal, we’ll begin building production tooling, which takes about a month. Since our funding goal is low, this should give us a healthy head-start on our manufacturing timeline. Secondly, I have limited the KeyCase and KeyClip rewards for December 2013 delivery to approximately two thousand. If that number is met, new pledge rewards will be posted for February 2014 delivery, allowing enough time to meet our commitments.
With over twenty years of experience developing products, I’ve learned that stuff happens and when it does, a well-reasoned response always works. The deadline for our initial production run is realistic. It includes ramp-up time for up our first-production run. If there are delays, you can count on me to candidly communicate the reasons, solutions, and impact on schedule.
Hundreds of hours were spent working through the details of the design and manufacturing for the production products. The images on this web page show a short-run production of almost forty prototypes. The prototypes work well, look great and perform as they were designed to.
The funding goal will pay for metal fabrication tooling and a small production run. Our manufacturers are ready to go.
Thanks for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)