Because Chair-Pak is an outdoor product and can be used in almost any environment we created it to be taken apart for cleaning and maintenance. As some of our customers have stated, Chair-Pak can last for years with proper care and maintenance.
During regular wear or over time you may need to adjust or tighten the cross bracing materials which span between frame tubes and use Velcro as a connection. To tighten just unfasten Velcro, pull both ends tight together and connect starting from middle working to sides.
The following components may be removed and reassembled again for cleaning (Note: It is easier to remove Chair-Pak components in chair form):
* The Backpack – The backpack is connected to the frame by 4 heavy duty snaps at the corners. To remove, in chair form lay forward the backrest frame of Chair-Pak to rest on the seat.
- Unzip the backpack compartment closest to the frame to locate the 4 snaps.
- At the backpack bottom unfasten the Velcro and reach in with one hand, locate the snap and use your finger nail to disconnect snap cap from snap base. Use gentle force to not pull the snap from the material it is connected to.
- Gently pull off backpack from frame. (Note: Snap cap and base may collide and restrict you from removing backpack initially, maneuver around this.)
- To reassemble, slide on backpack to frame. Line up snap caps to snap bases at each corner, gently snap together. Refasten the Velcro at the bottom of the backpack. (Note: It is recommended when refastening the Velcro to refastening it with no overhang from backpack. Overhang will restrict the chair from rolling out.
* The Frames - All frames may be disassembled and reassembled using the clevis pins and O rings.
* Seat – The front of the seat with CAM buckle cannot be disconnected from this frame but the back portion of the seat which bends around the back frame can be removed. To do this simply hold down the CAM buckle button and feed the CAM buckle strap all the way through. To reassemble reverse the process. Pull strap back to normal sitting position.
Chair-Pak Company or affiliates are not responsible for any disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, caring or maintenance or anything that which may happen from stated causes and effects.