Hero Hoodies - A quest to make the perfect Hoody
Hero Hoodies - A quest to make the perfect Hoody
We create smart, fitted, reversible Hoodies for men. All made in England to the highest standard, using the finest materials.
We create smart, fitted, reversible Hoodies for men. All made in England to the highest standard, using the finest materials. Read more
1. Back: Our signature back-panel construction is designed around the contours of the back, ensuring our hoodies hang as they should.
2. Darts: Darts extend from the collar to give a better shape around the chest area.
3. V-shape: The body panels are designed to pull the garment in around the waist, creating a fitted 'V-shape'. Tapered sleeves complete the look.
4. Hood: Our 5-panel hood fits the head better and hangs down straight at the sides, so no more pointed or baggy hoods.
5. Neckline: Our unique open neckline means the hood isn’t pulled in round the face when the hoody is zipped up, allowing you to see more clearly. It also looks great with shirt collars.
6. Gussets: Gussets under the arms ensure the sleeves fit nicely into the armpits, giving the impression of a longer, leaner torso.
We wanted our hoodies to look as good on the inside as they do on the outside, which is why we added a full lining. For our ‘Original Series’ hoodies, we use a 100% cotton medium-weight single jersey, knitted and dyed in England, in a range of 6 colours.
For our ‘Limited Edition’ linings we wanted to go a step further - we wanted to turn our hoodies into a canvas for amazing artwork. So we partnered with the London-based Illustrator Maria Tiurina, who produced 3 beautiful designs to be printed onto our Limited Edition linings. These designs will only be available on Kickstarter, though we plan to continue collaborating with new Artists and Illustrators to keep creating hoodies that turn heads.
To print our ‘Limited Edition’ linings we use cutting-edge printing processes. Unlike traditional screen-printing onto fabrics which prints an ink that adheres to the surface of the material (which is why it has that waxy feel), digital direct-to-garment printing actually dyes the fibres of the base material meaning it washes much better and you don’t have that waxy feel to the print. The colour vibrancy and accuracy of print are superb, ensuring we do justice to the creative vision of the Artists we work with.
And we love the results.
1. Welt pockets: Although they're more complicated to produce, welt pockets give a clean, tailored finish, whilst a hidden popper helps them stay flush with the surface.
2. Short cuffs: A short cuff gives a more formal look to the sleeves and is designed to allow the cuffs of your shirt to come through, mimicking a suit jacket.
3. Contrast top-stitching: Carefully placed lines of top-stitching, in contrasting colours, adds a touch of class to the hoody.
4. Reversible zips: We only use the best hardware on our hoodies. Our signature gunmetal and chrome reversible zips are as beautiful as they are functional.
5. No outside branding: We're confident in our product. So we don't need to advertise our brand all over your hoody.
6. Skillfully made in England: From the fabric to the final stitch, all of our hoodies are made in England using traditional tailoring methods.
FUNDINGWe've developed the product, designed the brand, built the website and taken a ton of photos and video. Now, all’s we need is the money to fund our first full-scale production run, so we can get Hero Hoodies off the ground.
REWARDSWe wanted to keep our rewards simple. We have 3 tiers of reward:
We set out with the aim of making the perfect hoody. Our approach was to break the ‘hoody problem’ down into as many pieces as possible, and try to improve on every single aspect as much as we could. The results are there to judge for yourselves - needless to say we’re extremely proud!
Our sizing is based on chest size and is available in the following measurements. We will send a message to all our backers once the campaign is over to ask for your size and colour choice. For more information on sizing and on how to measure yourself, please visit our website www.herohoodies.com/pages/size-guide
If you follow the sizing chart carefully, then your hoody should fit you just fine. However, if you wish to exchange your hoody for any reason, we will allow you to do that, but you’ll have to pay for the two-way shipping. As we are just starting up and offering our hoodies at highly-discounted prices on Kickstarter, we won’t be able to accept returns.
Risks and challenges
We've spent the last 14 months sourcing the best fabrics England has to offer, finding the highest quality trims and forging relationships with cutting-edge printers and clothing manufacturers. We've worked with experienced pattern designers and talented samplers, not to mention a whole host of digital specialists who've made building a strong brand so much easier and enjoyable.
We've done our homework and we believe we are ready for any scale of success that our Kickstarter campaign brings. If there were to be problems after our campaign, they would most likely be delays in the delivery chain. For example, if our fabric order wasn't delivered on time, we may miss our scheduled slot with the garment manufacturer, which would mean our production would be delayed. Delays are highly possible in this business, especially when starting up with a new product. However, delays are the only problems we could foresee happening.
We've already developed the product, done our costings, developed the brand and built the website. We already have all of the elements in place. So we can not foresee any reason for you not getting your product. But it is entirely possible (especially if we are wildly successful) that we may not meet our target delivery deadline of April 2016. If this is going to be the case, then we would let you know as soon as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)