THE BLINDS is a thriller that centers around a mysterious poker tournament. When five strangers are invited to play in the exclusive tournament, they realize that they may not be strangers at all as an eerie feeling of deja vu comes over them. Before they can sort out how they know each other, the host of the tournament reveals that they've been brought there under false pretenses: these are the five possible people who could have killed his daughter and he's giving them one hour for the killer to confess. If no one confesses by the end of the hour, all of them will pay the price.
PRODUCTION of "The Blinds" began in January of 2010 with Director/Writer David A. Cross and Executive Producer Bill Wienecke. After casting was completed, filming started in May 2010 and was completed in just 6 days using the Red Digital Cinema Camera by Director of Photography Nick Gardner. The majority of the film was shot in Hampstead, MD and a few scenes were shot in Baltimore, MD.
POST PRODUCTION for Sound Recording, Sound Design, Sound Editing and Mixing/Re-recording started immediately at Studio Unknown after shooting was completed. Post production was officially finished in November 2010.
How can you help?
Here's the deal: The movie is finished, but we still need money for distribution and delivery materials, promotion and film festivals entry fees. We are at our budget limit and unfortunately, we do not have the funds to complete these things and get the movie out to everyone. This is where you come in, and not only to help us reach our goal, but to be part of an original movie that everyone who worked on it is proud of. We need to raise a minimum of $1000 to get going. While we hope to reach our goal, and would be very thankful to do so, the more money we get, the more we can do with the film.
So please look to your right to see the excellent rewards we're offering you for participating in "The Blind's" success! The more you pledge, the cooler the rewards!
New to Kickstarter?
No worries -- it's easy. Here's the official explanation from Kickstarter or we'll just let you know how it works here:
- PLEDGE -- for a limited time, make a pledge to our project. Take a look at the far upper right corner of this page -- that's how many days we have left to accept pledges. Click the green button that says, 'Back This Project.'
- HOW MUCH? -- that's up to you. Any amount from $25 on up allows you to see the movie and become part of the experience. The more you pledge, the more rewards, plus you'll be helping us to make a better film.
- YOUR CARD ISN'T CHARGED -- when you pledge, your credit card isn't charged. You'll make your pledge (via the green 'Back This Project' button above) through Amazon payments; you'll be authorizing a payment for your pledge and your card isn't charged.
- YOUR CARD IS CHARGED ONLY IF WE REACH OUR GOAL -- if we reach our fundraising goal by the deadline (also listed in the top right corner), then your card is charged. If we don't reach our goal by this deadline, your card is not charged and your pledge is discarded, and the film will not be completed.
- SO PLEASE PLEDGE EARLY -- by pledging early, you'll encourage other backers, too.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
David A. Cross - Director/Writer
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (45 days)