We could tell you a story about our eureka moment, about this one time when we were sitting around a campfire, or when we were drinking whiskey till the sun came up, or about a moment of clarity that came amidst the chaos of the financial battleground on Wall Street, or a real battleground in Afghanistan, or a day at the range, or that peaceful silence in a hunting blind. We could tell you about all of that, but we'd be lying about the eureka moment.
Compass Rose was born when three friends with diverse backgrounds came together to explore shared interests and high adventure. Our goal is to fill a void that exists between tough working clothes and clothes that look great but are fragile. We are building a shirt right here in the USA that won't look out of place and can take the abuse of a work day on a tug boat, but won't look like a work shirt at dinner. We are building comfortable, perfectly fitting shirts that are made right here in the USA. We won't be inventing new materials and our shirts won’t make you look like you're ready to step off from Everest base camp, but you'll know you're relying on the same quality and American craftsmanship that served many generations of hard working, adventurous men before you.
The Lifestyle We Support Is Not An Image
The idea is simple. It's all about being yourself, about finding yourself, and not being someone or something. The man makes the clothes. Our clothes are there to give you the chance to prove it, and to last the entire time you're doing so. We're not out to prove anything. High quality products made in the USA speak for themselves and history has already proved that to be true. And we're not out to show that we're better than anyone. The only guys we're concerned about being better than are the guys we were yesterday. There is truth in the cliche that the journey is more important than the destination. Find a way to be humble yet confident, to be adventurous yet a gentleman, and to set and maintain the standard that you think should be expected of a man of your stature. Explore the world and in doing so, explore yourself.
Our backgrounds combine time spent on trading floors, tug boats, and in war. Three of the four Compass Rose partners are Veterans, with decades of combined Special Operations experience. We aren’t selling an image. We are encouraging the lives and lifestyles that we all strive to lead; one full of adventure, courage, honesty, integrity, a love for the outdoors, and a desire to set the right example for our children and the next generation.
To support our mission, we will be working with Origins Training Group, which provides Special Operations scenario based wilderness training, to create custom Compass Rose Adventures. Some of our rewards will give you the opportunity to spend time with, and more importantly learn from, US Military Special Operations Veterans. (While wearing Compass Rose shirts, of course.)
- Perfect Fit: Striking the perfect balance between a fashionable cut and allowing room for movement and articulation.
- Collar: We use stays, not buttons. Although button down collars were used on the turn of the century sport shirts, they’re now like a deciduous tail. Collar stays feel better and look better.
- Cuffs: With the corners of our cuffs cut at a 45 degree angle, they’re less likely to snag on something if you’re wearing your shirt with the cuffs unbuttoned. Plus, the look cool.
- Logo: Our logo is stitched right into the shirt. Our shirt helps you to be the cool that you already are. You make the clothes, not the other way around.
- Great Material: High quality lightweight woven flannel and wood buttons sourced from a New York based, Veteran owned business.
- Production: We’re committed to making great products and supporting American manufacturing. Everything we produce will be made right here in the USA and held to the highest standards of quality. Buy better things, not more things.
- $10: A hand written Thank You from the Compass Rose team.
- $15: A pair of brass collar stays engraved with the Compass Rose Logo
- $25: A soft, domestically sourced cotton T Shirt printed with the Compass Rose Logo
- $75: A Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, handcrafted in the USA
- $85: A Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, AND a pair of brass collar stays engraved with the Compass Rose logo. All handcrafted in the USA
- $100: A soft, domestically sourced cotton T Shirt printed with the Compass Rose Logo AND a Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, handcrafted in the USA
- $110: A pair of brass collar stays engraved with the Compass Rose Logo, a soft, domestically sourced cotton T Shirt printed with the Compass Rose Logo AND a Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, handcrafted in the USA
- $125: Bob’s Bulldog - Our premium finish shirt with bulldog face engraved collar stays and stainless steel bulldog buttons.
- $500: You're going to look great when you lead a lost group of hikers out of the woods. You'll receive a Compass Rose T Shirt, Compass Rose Collar Stays engraved with the Compass Rose Logo, a Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, all made in the USA, AND the opportunity to be part of a Compass Rose Adventure. Join us for a custom Wilderness Navigation and Search And Rescue course in Colorado at Origins TG training grounds. You will be taught by, and will be working alongside guys from the Special Forces and Special Operations community. You'll also be the focus of a Story about wilderness navigation and wilderness search and rescue, all while wearing flannel, of course. *Exact dates will be coordinated with each backer. Travel to Colorado is not included.
- $1000: When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, you'll not only be prepared, but you'll look good. You'll receive a Compass Rose T Shirt, Compass Rose Collar Stays engraved with the Compass Rose Logo, a Compass Rose Flannel Shirt, all made in the USA, AND the opportunity to be part of a Compass Rose Adventure. Join us for a custom 2 day Wilderness Survival Course in Colorado at Origins TG training grounds.This Adventure will focus on survival core skills, mind-set, and PHGA certification. You will be taught by, and will be working alongside guys from the Special Forces and Special Operations community. You'll also be the focus of a Compass Rose Story about wilderness navigation and wilderness survival, all while wearing flannel, of course. *Exact dates will be coordinated with each backer. Travel to Colorado is not included.
- $2000: Hang with the best. If you want to learn how to do something, ask an expert. You'll receive a Compass Rose T Shirt, Compass Rose Collar Stays engraved with the Compass Rose Logo, a Compass Rose Flannel Shirt AND the opportunity to be part of a Compass Rose Adventure. You and two friends will spend a full day at a pistol and carbine shooting range with detailed instruction from a Special Forces or Special Operations Operator. *Background check may be required prior to award arrangements - does not include travel arrangements and instruction will be conducted in North Carolina or Texas unless prior arrangements are made.
Where We Are
We have invested a great deal of time and money designing, developing, and testing our prototypes. We are working with some of the best material suppliers and sewing shops in the business, and we are ready to move forward with our production run.
Use of Funds
- At $10,000, your funds will help us hit the minimum production runs needed to make Compass Rose shirts a reality. We’re starting with flannel shirts, but this is only the beginning. In addition, as a Veteran Owned Business, we have pledged that a portion of our profits will go to support The Silent Warrior Scholarship Fund.
- At $15,000, we will create a women’s specific shirt.
- At $25,000, we will be able to create a collection, and you can help us choose the fabrics.
Risks and challenges
We are a Veteran owned company who's team includes guys with more than a decade of entrepreneurial, Special Operations, and Wall Street experience. We thrive in challenging environments. We are used to solving problems as they arise, and with limited resources.
Although this is our first production run of apparel, we have diligently sourced all of our materials and are working with a proficient sewing facility located less than an hour away, in a garment facility that has been operating for close to 100 years.
Timing is our biggest risk. In the best-case scenario, we can have fabric, buttons, and labels at the garment facility two weeks after the Kickstarter closes. After that, we expect to complete our production run in as little as 4 weeks
However, there are always risks of delay in any manufacturing process. We will communicate with our backers throughout the campaign to keep everyone informed and up to date on our progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)