My name is Shaina Stinard and I am a Fine Artist from Virginia, living in South Carolina.
Masterpiece Your Memories is my first Kickstarter project, and I am so excited! My customers have inspired this idea.
I am going to need YOUR help to bring this project to life!
- I will paint your memorable photos in my own unique style. You get to add a description (20-50 words) to put with your final painting for the book! You can even help title your painting!
- The book will be 20-30 pages and include 40-60 paintings with their "owner's" descriptions. If this project is overwhelmingly successful, it will most likely be a larger book. I will work that out as the need arises! Formats include eBook, softcover, and hardback
Maybe your most memorable photos are not the best quality. I can take a rather regular, everyday photo and turn it into a colorful work of art!
I love my job, and one of my favorite parts (aside from the awesome people I meet), are the stories I hear about the subjects I paint. You see, in a way, I get to paint a memory or a story, and try to capture the spirit of the subject for each customer to enjoy. Some of my favorite stories involve rescued pets. I cry a lot of happy tears when reading emails. Life is all about connections - connections to each other and to the world around us. Stories help connect us, and I want to share your stories through my art and your words.
Check out this short video out to learn more about how this idea evolved!
Your support, in any way you'd like to give it! Feel free to give me virtual hugs, high-fives, emails, words of encouragement, shares; however, I really need funding to make this happen.
- materials and supplies - paints, brushes, YUPO paper, fixative spray, packing materials, printer ink and printer paper, product stickers, business cards (estimated 12%)
- design and cost to create the book and other rewards (15%)
- shipping/handling of custom paintings, books, all rewards (8% - 10%)
- Kickstarter and Amazon fees (10% off the top)
- Of course, a chunk goes to the Federal Government as well ( 20% after expenses)
- Time to do it all - Hopefully lots of it, which may require me to call on our babysitter if I have enough paintings to take me through this summer. It is hard to paint with a very active 3 year old underfoot. Remember, I am a work at home mom.
When this project is funded, I will have steady work for a while....a long while, depending on its success. That is the most important thing anyone can give artists – time to create, time to share their vision of the world. Any extra funding will go into creating a larger book with even more paintings and stories to share!
No problem! Donate as little or as much as you want. Just know that the more you donate, the more awesome rewards you will get for your kindness and support! (scroll down to see some reward descriptions or look at the list of pledge amounts and rewards to the right)
Scroll up the page, and on the right side you'll see a button that says "BACK THIS PROJECT". Click it, and follow the instructions.
There are various ways to back this project and ANY amount helps!
Like all Kickstarter projects, if I don't reach my goal, the project doesn't happen. No one gets charged and I don't get to paint any amazing memories. So, let's make sure it DOES happen!
Thank you so much in advance!
To those who have already shared their stories with me and let me paint their lives and everything in it that matters, thank you.
I am honored that you trust me this much.
You will be rewarded for your pledge of any amount. Here are a few reward descriptions.
- 8 x 10, 20-30+ pages, 40-60+ paintings
- available in 3 formats - eBook, softcover or hardcover.
This will be a collection of the paintings from this project, each titled and described by the backer. I can't wait to hear and share each special painting and the stories, memories, and descriptions behind them! The size of the book really depends on YOU! Should the project be wildly successful, these numbers will probably go up.
There are a few ways to GUARANTEE that your painting is IN THE BOOK:
1) choose a reward including a painting 8 x 10 or larger
2) choose one of the multiple painting rewards
3) Already have a painting by me and want it in the book? There is a reward for that!
- Mixed-media sketches in watercolor with pen and ink
- These are more simple versions of my full watercolor paintings using watercolors with pen and ink on YUPO paper. Less paint, less time, less of a cost.
- You can choose 4 x 6 (limited), 5 x 7, 9 x 12 or 11 x 14.
- More detailed than my sketches, more time is put into painting them
- watercolors on YUPO paper
- These will be offered in 5 x 7, 8 x 10 (limited), 9 x 12, 11 x 14, 12 x 16 AND 16 x 20!
Jedi was actually the subject of my first painting of 2014 and for a good cause. His owner, who lives in Scotland, won a custom painting through an auction I donated to at Only Maine Coons Rescue. Here I am painting him!
Dig your special photos out of those dusty boxes and albums, and get them OFF of your phone. Let's take a trip down memory lane, and I will create something amazing for you to enjoy daily.
- My portfolio, my bio, Q&A, and videos are on my website.
- You can also see many of my pieces and works in progress on my Facebook page.
- I have a few videos of me in action on Youtube
- Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have! I promise to respond quickly! firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you may have seen me in Internet Land:
- Frequenting auctions on animal rescue group pages. I donate my work often to help them raise $$$. Some of my favs are New York Westie Rescue and Only Maine Coons Rescue!
- Featured on the blog Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures by the one and only, Amber Dusick. She even illustrated me! I also painted a custom portrait for her!
- On the blog page You Know It Happens At Your House Too by Tara, who is one of my favorite blogging moms!
- at Just The Tip, an entertainment page on Facebook. She has 4 kids and a mess of animals, which she writes about daily. I have painted two of her pets for her!
If you are excited about this project, SHARE with your friends any way you know how.
I CAN'T WAIT to get started capturing more stories through my art and creating this book!
I hope you love what I create as much as I love creating it!
Some more examples of my work!
Want to see more examples of DOG PORTRAITS?!
Want to see some of more PLACES? Just click!
Some more videos of me in action!
My first attempt at time-lapse and my first YouTube video!
You can also find me here:
Risks and challenges
Like all Kickstarter projects, if I don't reach my goal, the project doesn't happen, no one gets charged, and I don't get to paint any amazing memories. So let's make sure it DOES happen!
Once the project is funded, I will communicate with each backer throughout the duration of the project by email, and posting updates here and on my blog often! Please make sure you check your email for Kickstarter Alerts, including project updates, once you become a backer.
Original paintings will be done in the order in which the backers fund the project AND send me reference photos/descriptions . If they are a gift or you did NOT order a soft or hardcover copy of the book, I will get them mailed out as they are completed. I will be mailing paintings and physical copies of the books together once both are completed.
An original sketch or painting can take anywhere from 1-10 days depending on the size. Sketches are completed in less time. Please know, I will still be accepting regular commissions during this time, which may be challenging. However, I am usually working on 2-4 pieces at a time to keep things moving! I will ALWAYS get approval from the backers before considering their painting complete.
-Collection of photos, descriptions and releases (I will send out forms for the info) Please get your photos to me in a timely manner! Know that I will honor all painting rewards no matter when you get me the reference photo, however I will have a strict DEADLINE if your painting is to be included in the book.
- I will begin painting in the order my project was backed, working on those paintings to be included in the book first
-I will be designing the book as I complete the paintings
- The postcard rewards will be mailed out
Possibly as late as December 2014, but hopefully as early as August 2014:
-The photo will be chosen for the magnet, it will be designed and they will be shipped out
-The paintings, eBooks and physical copies of the books will go out last. I will be working with Blurb.com to create and print the book. As long as I stay on top of design throughout the project, both forms of the book should get to everyone who received that reward within a month of my finishing the last painting!.
I can't wait to see it come together!
The pace of the project will also depend largely on how quickly backers send me photos and descriptions for the paintings. The faster you move, the faster I move!
RISKS AND CHALLENGES
I don't see many. I have allowed myself plenty of time, even if the project is wildly successful and I end up painting 150 paintings! If that is the case, I will be painting the paintings to be included in the book, first (in the order backed). This will be done to make sure I can design and deliver the book by early December 2014. If I have OVER that number of paintings to complete, in essentially 8 months, I may have to revisit the time frame.
Support this project
- (36 days)