- A complete 40+ hour adventure spanning the rich and expansive world of Erythia.
- Unique, strategy focused combat. Simply mashing Attack over and over in battle will cost you dearly. Instead, take advantage of each characters' strengths and enemy weaknesses to gain the upper hand in combat.
- Exploit the Elemental Remnants system to combine character skills into more powerful attacks!
- And introducing Challenge Mode. Standard battle strategy not cutting it for you? Need that extra challenge? In Challenge Mode, you can return to previously beaten areas and activate the Challenge Cryst, resetting the dungeon and imposing various challenging limitations; such asSkill Block, Magic Block, Item Block, Level Restriction, and much more!
- Divergent story based on important decisions you make during gameplay. Having your decisions matter is a core part of the RPG experience, and we plan to bring this to Erythia: Shattered Dreams.
- Professionally voice acted cut-scenes, battle dialogue, and important events.
- Original soundtrack composed exclusively for Erythia: Shattered Dreams.
- Carefully crafted character art by our character artist, Flora Li, of Shadilyn's Realm.
- Carefully crafted character sprites by Despain, of Final Boss Blues fame.
Erythia: Shattered Dreams is the culmination of decades of our love of RPGs and our collective desire to create and share a world that our fellow gamers can fall in love with and immerse themselves in. Our staff is composed of RPG gamers of all ages, encompassing all eras of RPGs. We've witnessed the rise and fall of the classical RPG, and we will not rest until we see it rise again.
From the donations we receive from our Kickstarter backers, Flora Li will be able to provide more of her awesome talent to designing the characters and fantasy apparel of Erythia: Shattered Dreams, Despain will be able to focus on creating highly detailed sprites exclusive to Erythia Studios. Our in house composer will be able to churn out more high-quality musical scores to soothe and excite your ear drums.
Development began on Erythia: Shattered Dreams on February 22nd, 20120. Since development began, we have finished character designs for 3 of our main cast, character sprites for 2, and completely finished designing the Erythia's unique battle system. We are currently in the process of designing and detailing the many, many environments of the world of Erythia, each painstakingly hand crafted.
The story that fuels the narrative of Erythia: Shattered Dreams has been in existence for a little over a year now. It is a story of discovery, a story of brotherhood, of friendship, of betrayal, of love, and a story of acceptance. The choices you make throughout the story will affect how your party members think about you, who your potential allies will be, as well as your enemies. When there is no right or wrong, but merely different shades of gray, your decisions determine the outcome. Some decisions will weigh much heavier than others....
Our Development Team:
- Kyle Pruitt - Lead Developer ofErythia: Shattered Dreams
- Aaron Ethridge - Creative Consultant and Business Strategist
- Daniel Anderson - Storyboarding, Video Editing
- Flora Li - Character Concept Artist
- Jason Perry (Despain) - Character Sprite Artist
- Blake Dresden - Composer
- Daniel Jordon - Voice of Lyson
- Pale Narrator - Voice of Raelan
- Ally Zhu - Voice of Elania
Erythia: Shattered Dreams is influenced heavily by the classical JRPG games of the SNES and early PS1 era, but contains elements from more modern RPGs and MMOs. Story are character development are our top priority above everything else. One element we have implemented from modern RPGs is the impact that player choices have on how the story plays out. In the past, you weren't given an option; you had to go from point A to point B in order to advance the plot. We aim to tailor the story to the choices you make.
For starters, many modern elements of RPGs will play a significant role in Erythia: Shattered Dreams. Gone are the days of blindly tapping X to rush through battle. Your enemies are smart, so you have to be smarter. Each party member will bring an element to combat that can be used to gain the upper hand. Taunts, Aggro management, AoE and Zone spells, Cooldowns and Buffs all need to be managed effectively to succeed in encounters. To the keen eye, enemy and bosses will telegraph their attacks, giving you time to calculate the perfect defense.
Erythia: Shattered Dreams is being developed for use on PC and Mac. It will also be hosted on www.consoleclassix.com.
Good news! Erythia: Shattered Dreams will be absolutely free to all our Kickstarter Backers, in thanks for your support in the development process. Erythia: Shattered Dreams will also be free to download and play to anyone who is a registered user of http://www.consoleclassix.com. Outside of that, Erythia: Shattered Dreams is expected to retail at $4.99.
For starters, you get an NPC in the game world named after you. Before Erythia: Shattered Dreams launches, you will be contacted and given a brief description of the various locations throughout the game where you can opt for your NPC to be place. He or she can be a homeowner, a shopkeeper, a traveling merchant, a guard - the choices are endless!
There will be a very special subquest in Erythia: Shattered Dreams that will in recognition of the Kickstarter Backers who helped made the development of Erythia: Shattered Dreams possible!
Your NPC will still be apart of the special Kickstarter Backer subquest, but you now have the option to customize him anyway you want! You will be contacted for the details of your character - how you want him or her to look, any backstory you might want him or her to have, and even any special dialogue you might want your NPC to have! Your character will then be carefully constructed by our character spriter to the specifications you gave, and placed into the game by our design team!
Exactly what it says! You design a quest, however short or long you want it to be, and players enjoying Erythia: Shattered Dreams will have the option to embark on your quest! It can be anything you want it to be, provided it stays within the Teen rating. If you are unsure of what kind of quest you want, our design team will be more than happy to assist you in creating your adventure!
For starters, the 5 backers who choose the $500.00 special reward will be given the option to name 5 very vital story characters however the see fit. These characters play a crucial role in the narrative, so every player of Erythia: Shattered Dreams will see your name. In addition to this, your character will be designed by our character artist, Flora Li, to your specifications, and be seen in an in-game cut-scene. Finally, a statue will be erected in your honor in a very prominent place in Erythia with a specialized thank you message from the design team!
T for Teen. Suitable for ages 13+.
Support this project
- (60 days)