Real Books and GenCon!
I wanted to write a dramatic and moving lead-in that would pay homage to the awesome support and patience of Upwind's backer community, but screw that...I'm too excited and just want to show you the good stuff, so here it is!
It's true! We have books! Upwind finally exists in non-digital, real-world, wood pulp form! Whoohoot!
Now, before you go shooting off all your Potential in celebration, I must admit that this is only the proof of the print-on-demand (POD) version, so celebrate with appropriate restraint. Distribution has not begun, and since backers are getting off-set press books (read: much prettier!) it will still be a bit yet. However, I am hoping that seeing a real world version will be as exciting for you as it has been for us.
We will have copies to show around at GenCon so if you're attending, you can look forward to seeing those. Don't worry though, we are not going to be selling any until rewards have shipped to backers.
Speaking of GenCon, Biohazard will be there and I'd love to meet up, play some games and talk Upwind or Blue Planet. We will be working with Gallant Knight Games (an evolution from our relationship with Nocturnal Media) out of the Studio2 booth (#1929 & #2029) and so if I am not off at an event (see schedule below) there is a chance you'll find me there.
• 10a-11a, Thursday - Role Playing Public Radio's Game Design Workshop Panel - come talk game design as I join Ross Payton and his other guests for a live Q&A session of their popular design podcast. (Lucas Oil : Mtg Rm 8)
• 4p-8p, Thursday - Into the Dark, our official Upwind GenCon demo game. Though it's currently sold out, no-shows often happen so come on by with generics and you might get in. (ICC : 239 : 1)
• 8.30p-12a, Thursday - Backers-Only Invitational Upwind session. A backer exclusive, email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want in and I will reserve you a seat. Space is limited to 6 so respond soon! Watch for a reply email for confirmation of the location on the day of.
• 4p-7.30p, Friday - Into the Dark, Upwind demo game. Though it's currently sold out, no-shows happen often so come on by with generics and you might get in. (IGDN Demo Room - ICC : 239 : 1)
• 12p-3.30p - Saturday - Into the Dark Upwind session. (Games on Demand, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Cosmopolitan Ballroom B)
• 4p-7.30p, Saturday - Into the Dark, Upwind demo game. Though it's currently sold out, no-shows happen often so come on by with generics and you might get in. (IGDN Demo Room - ICC : 239 : 1)
• 10p-1.30p - Sunday - Into the Dark Upwind session. (Games on Demand, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Cosmopolitan Ballroom B)
• 12p - 4p - Sunday - Arthur O, a good friend of Biohazard is offering his own Upwind event (RPG18127799) and there are still tickets available! Arthur is a great moderator and if you are looking for a GenCon Upwind session here's your chance!
I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you at the show, so please email (email@example.com) if you want in on the backer's game, have any questions or an open moment to meet for a coffee or beer.