Just a short update to announce that the Upwind RPG Forum is now open for business! One of the social stretch goals from the campaign, our intent is that the forum will be an inclusive place where players can share questions and speculations about the setting, get mechanics questions sorted, and share adventure ideas and even Q-System hacks. We would love to see it become part of an active Upwind community that adds content and new perspectives to both the game world and system.
Head over, sign up, engage and enjoy...
Just a quick update to share the status of the pending Upwind stretch goals, as well as some of the other plans from Biohazard Games.
• I am reviewing the final editors notes for Incursion and hope to have it off to layout shortly.
• I am also making notes on Ross Payton's Three Beasts mini-campaign, so that should be available in raw text form soon and entering copy editing and layout shortly after that.
• We are still planning to send out book plates to premium backers and will post an image as soon as that is finalized.
• Though we are not running any official Upwind events at GenCon 2019 (see why below), I would be psyched to meet up with some of you for a backers'-only session. If you are planning to attend the show and want to play some Upwind, email me at email@example.com and we can set up a game.
• Though we have not made an official press release yet, I wanted to share about Biohazard Game's here-to-fore secret next project. We are teaming up with Gallant Knight Games to produce a new, 3rd edition of our award winning Blue Planet RPG. We are calling it Blue Planet: Recontact, and we will be running an ocean of demos a GenCon 2019. Event registration only opened today but spaces are going fast. If you will be at the show and want to try out the new, evolved version of the game, you'd better jump aboard. We'd hate to leave you behind!
If you want to keep up with more frequent Upwind, Blue Planet or Biohazard Games updates, follow us on twitter (@BiohazardJeff) or check out our website (www.BiohazardGames.us).
Most of you can ignore this update as it applies only to the 41 backers who pledged for the Upwind core book, special edition cover. The rest of you should be off playing Upwind instead of reading this anyway, so get on with it…
Now, for you generous and patient 41. As you have likely already discovered, your Upwind rewards shipped short an actual Upwind core book. That is because of an issue related to the cancelled cover. Those books were originally given a unique SKU, but when the special cover was dropped that SKU was not transferred. As a result the system thought your orders were complete and shipped them. Anyway, not to worry. We caught the error last week and your core books are on their way.
On a related note, back in Update #58, we shared that in restructuring things after Stewart's passing we would not be doing the special cover or the signed copies. In the end however, we were able bling up the cover a little for everyone with the spot UV (which I think looks great), and we still intend to refund you the difference. We are also now working on a plan to get those promised signatures into your books as well. James is designing an Upwind frontispiece that we will print on a self-adhesive book plate, sign and send out directly from Biohazard Headquarters.
I am pleased to be able to make good, at least in spirit, on these two intentions. Thank you all again - especially you 41 - for your ongoing patience and support.