About this project
The time has finally arrived...No Good Sister is recording our VERY 1ST FULL-LENGTH ALBUM!
Way back in 2012, the three of us (Meaghan, Jess and Maren), all gathered in Meaghan's tiny one bedroom apartment in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia to see what our three voices would sound like together. And we never looked back.
In the past 4 years, you could say we've learned a thing or two - and boy do we have the stories (and many, many pictures!) to prove it. More importantly, we have the music - the songs which interpret love and heartbreak through tight 3-part harmony in the way only a No Good Sister can.
New to No Good Sister?
Welcome! You can catch up at www.nogoodsister.com, stalk us on facebook, twitter and instagram, like we do with our ex-boyfriends. And here's a highlight reel of how we've been prepping for this big moment in our No Good career:
- Opened for national headliners such as Eilen Jewell, Kim Richey, and the Grammy Award winning The Steeldrivers.
- Played the Martin Guitar Mainstage at the 2015 Philadelphia Folk Festival, preceding Parker Milsap and Arlo Guthrie.
- Voted Best New Artist 2014 by WSTS 93.7FM in Wilmington
- Won the 2016 Wilmington Flower Market Battle of the Bands
- Won 2013 Stand Out Performers of the Year by World Cafe Live
- Played a coveted Quad Showcase at the 2015 Northeast Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA)
- Our 2014 3-song EP has had the support of several local and regional radio stations, including airplay as far as the UK.
We've begun the magical process of forever documenting our songs, and now...
We need your help to finish it.
We're asking for $13,000. What we actually need to complete the record is $15,000. Whatever we don't make here, we will borrow (or steal, or beg for). To realize our ultimate vision for the record, which includes a publicity team who will see that the album gets heard far and wide, we need about $20,000.
We could keep going here, as there are always more things we could do with even more money. Such as make music videos to accompany your favorite songs from the album, and support a tour to play your hometown! But one thing is for sure, if we go over our $13,000 goal, we will donate a portion of the overage to our favorite charity Musicians on Call
Just some of the expenses we need to cover:
- Studio time
- Fees to cover Producer, Engineer, and Session Musicians
- Graphic Designer
- Promotional costs
- DIsc duplication
- Kickstarter rewards
- Kickstarter's fee
Whatever your donation level: THANK YOU!
We are grateful every day, every gig, every note we sing, every chord we strum to be able to do what we do. And we know that it's all possible because of the support and love we have received so far. So... thank you in advance for being part of our story, and making our dream reality.
Risks and challenges
We are three different women with three different lives, and do everything in our power to schedule around that. Maren is a mother of two, Jess just got engaged and is planning a May wedding, and Meaghan just moved to Delaware. But the one constant for each of us has been No Good Sister. We have a unique bond through this band and have agreed to prioritize the needs of this album while always striving to achieve a healthy life balance.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (38 days)