An aluminum bicycle handlebar extender weights almost nothing with easy installation on bike stem.
UPDATE: To make the limited edition even more special, people who pledge for limited edition Beam+ will receive it with laser etched KICKSTARTER logo.
What is Beam+?
Beam+ is an ultra lightweight bicycle handlebar extender, which offers extra handlebar space for bicycle accessories such as computer, meter, light, stopwatch, and etc.
Manufacturing process of making Beam+
Why Choose Beam+?
- At 24g (0.85 oz), which weights less than one normal slice of bread.
- Stylish, monolithic aluminum design comes in five different color options.
- Mounting flexibility offers two different heights for attaching accessories. The lower mounting option is good for attaching bicycle light to avoid brightness getting into the eyes.
- Unlike convention handlebar extenders, Beam+ is installed on stem. There is no installation problem for handlebars that are not cylindrically shaped or with limited space, such as triathlon bike.
- Beam+ is designed with ergonomic in mind. It is installed on bicycle stem, located in the center of the handlebar and gives “forward extension” of handlebar space, which makes operating and/or reading bicycle accessories easy.
- No worries of Beam+ tilting its angle while on a bumpy road once it is secured on the stem with our specially designed bolts.
Where and How Is Beam+ Installed?
Unlike other handlebar extenders, Beam+ is the first handlebar extender to be installed on the bicycle stem. And the installation is easy by replacing stem bolts with our specially designed bolts for securing Beam+ on the bicycle stem.
- Tube diameter: 22.4 mm (0.88 inch)
- Tube length: 77 mm (3.03 inch)
- Total height: 55 mm (2.17 inch)
- Screw mounting pitch: 20 mm to 30 mm (0.79 to 1.18 inch)
- Weight: 24 g (0.85 oz); 30 g (1.06 oz) with bolts
- Recommended loading capacity: 250 g (8.8 oz)
Where We Are in Terms of Production?
We have worked on many prototypes and come up with this final design of Beam+ which we think is a stylish yet functional handlebar extender for bicycle accessories. Up to this point, Beam+, this project has been self funded with up front expenses covered, such as tooling and molds. And the manufacture is all set up and ready to go once the orders come in.
Beam+ is patent pending.
With successful funding of $5,000, we will be able to launch the first mass production of Beam+ and release to the market.
Beam+ in Black: KICKSTARTER Special Edition with black blots (ONLY available through KICKSTARTER)
Beam+ in Black
Beam+ in Blue
Beam+ in Gray
Beam+ in Orange
Beam+ in Red
Our recommended loading capacity for Beam+ is 250 g. If the attached objects weight between 250 g and 600 g, Beam+ will hold the objects without being deformed, however, it will shake quite a bit on a bumpy ride. That may be annoying.
You will be able to buy Beam+ at tinylightbulbs' website. Here is the link to our Beam+ page.
Yes, it can be done by placing one at the bottom and one on top. Please refer to update #5 (Installing more than one Beam+ on bike) for more info.