About this project
In Dragon Dodge you play a team of wizards in an arena with two dragons. Your goal is to cast spells to move the dragons around and tag the other team’s wizards. Your spells can also change the arena itself and the board shrinks as the dragons move around, making every game different.
- It is a well balanced game where players can often make a come back or turn their opponent's move to their benefit.
- Dragon Dodge has high replay value thanks to an ever changing board that will take on different shapes in each game. Players can even create their own board layouts that lead to different gaming experiences.
- It combines the random luck of card driven games with the opportunity for strategy and meaningful decision on every turn, so that players of different skill levels can enjoy the game together.
French Rules: Many thanks to one of our backers, Grégory Moussé, for translating the rules to French. You can download them here.
Dragon Dodge: Formidable Magic is an expansion to Dragon Dodge that grants wizards access to some ancient and powerful spells. Possession spells allow you to move opposing wizards. Flip Tile spells let you flip over any tile in play, creating shortcuts for yourself or a dragon. Use these spells wisely and your team is sure to be victorious!
Dragon Dodge has been extensively playtested and we are very pleased with the results. It works great as a standalone game or with the mini expansion, which offers two new gameplay features. For this reason, we will not be adding any new content through stretch goals. Instead, the stretch goals will focus on component quality upgrades.
- We are on Kickstarter to raise funds to publish Dragon Dodge. So far we have invested our own money to pay for all of the art and prototypes, now we need your help to take this project to the next level.
- We have had the opportunity to playtest Dragon Dodge at large conventions such as PAX, DragonFlight, and Geek Girl Con. We saw a wide variety of people having a great time playing Dragon Dodge, from couples and groups of friends, to families and even complete strangers. Seeing this has really made us confident that we have a fun game that many can enjoy.
- We are truly excited to make Dragon Dodge available to everyone, but we still need funds to pay for printing and shipping of the game. With your support, we can make this a high quality game and you can get it at 15% off MSRP.
US backers: Shipping costs within the US have been incorporated into the pledge levels. You can add up to 3 extra copies of the game (4 games total) by manually entering the $ amount at checkout, according to the chart below.
International backers: An additional shipping charge of $8 or $9, depending on your country, will automatically be added at checkout. We can save on shipping by mailing multiple copies of the game together, and we want to pass those savings along to you. You can add up to 3 extra copies of the game (4 games total) at discounted shipping rates. Please check the charts below and manually enter the $ amount at checkout according to your country and desired number of games.
EU friendly: Rewards for all European backers will be shipped from within the EU.
International retailers: please contact us directly if you wish to purchase Dragon Dodge for your store. We are happy to work with you on a case by case basis.
Questions about shipping or add-ons? Please send us a message and we'll figure out the best solution for your needs.
Help us spread the word about Dragon Dodge and get more backers!
Show your support for Dragon Dodge by using one of these on social media:
Risks and challenges
Dragon Dodge has been thoroughly playtested thanks to our membership in Playtest Northwest. The art has all been completed prior to the Kickstarter, except for two cards that Terrana Cliff will be creating during the campaign. We have been working closely with Whatz Games, a well know game manufacturer, so that we can start the production process shortly after the campaign ends.
This is our first Kickstarter and there are of course inherent risks in a project like this. Unexpected delays and unanticipated costs can arise in manufacturing as well as international shipping and fulfillment. Our timeline gives us enough leeway to deliver the rewards on time even if some delays occur. We have also budgeted for increases in shipping rates and other potential costs such as customs inspections.
Finally, we are committed to communicating with backers on a regular basis. If any setbacks do occur, we will be forthcoming with all of the information. Our number one priority with this project is to deliver a quality game on time to all of our backers. We will not be launching any new campaigns until Dragon Dodge is fulfilled.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)