If you want to support craft brewing in Dubuque, Iowa, and love the idea of a "Community Supported Brewery", this project is for you!
Jay Jubeck and Dan Caraway aim to create a small (nano) brewery located in downtown Dubuque, Iowa. At Jubeck New World Brewing Co, our focus is on creating interesting and delicious craft beer for the Dubuque community. We're asking YOU, our fellow Dubuque craft brew enthusiasts, to become involved in our community by contributing to our kickstarter campaign in exchange for one of our great rewards, including a pint or growler fill membership to our brewery!
WHAT DOES A CSB MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE? Basically, your membership entitles you to a share of all the craft brews we make for a year (if you're 21 or older). There are three basic membership levels, social, partial, and full, each of which gets you different benefits. Visit our website for full membership details.
Contributing to this project has several other benefits:
- No risk to you – we are using Kickstarter, an online crowd-funding platform, to accept and manage pledges. Kickstarter is an all or nothing funding program and we are required to tell them the minimum amount we need to get this project off the ground. If we don't succeed in meeting that goal, the project is cancelled and no one's credit card is charged. If we meet or exceed our goal, Kickstarter collects all of the pledged funding, deducts a processing fee, and gives it to us.
- Direct feedback to the brewers – let us know what you think of the beer each week, and give us suggestions for new brews … we want to brew the beer you like! Visit our website to see a sampling the brews we have planned.
- Meet and hang out with like-minded beer enthusiasts. We'll only be open one night a week, so there is no slow time at JNWBC.
- Pride that you have enriched the local economy by helping make possible the launch of an authentically cool Dubuque institution.
- Most importantly, this crowd-funding approach will keep us focused on what matters most: good beer and community in Dubuque.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
While any startup project has challenges, here are some that are unique to starting a small brewery:
1. Funding - Equipment, licensing, insurance, taxes, buildout, rent, and raw ingredients are just a few of the expenses that will be incurred during startup. This is why your support is so important to us! While we can't know exactly what everything will cost and how much revenue we'll have the first year, starting with a membership basis allows us to much more accurately plan our income/expenses.
2. Licensing - The manufacture of beer is regulated and all beer produced must be accounted for and taxed. This means the government must first grant us approval before we can even start making beer. In the startup phase we'll be addressing these issues and taking a proactive approach to completing licensing requirements in order to streamline the process.
3. Bad batches - Let's face it, even the big breweries have unsuccessful batches sometimes. When a tiny micro organism (yeast) controls the production schedule it opens possibilities for poor results. Top notch sanitation, controlled test batches and endless attention to detail will minimize (or hopefully eliminate) bad batches. Also, we realize that some factors are beyond our control and mistakes do happen; we will prepare for occasional bad batches by overproducing as much as we can.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Think this is a pretty cool idea, but don't have much to give? That's ok! Kick in a few bucks and we'll include your name in our opening night toast! Cheers!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
Thanks so much for pitching in! We'll send you a set of 4 coasters to commemorate our successful kickstarter campaign!Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
Righteous! Thanks for your support...you'll be receiving a credit card style bottle opener with the JNWBC logo, plus the set of 4 coasters!Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
Everybody loves a t-shirt! You'll get one that showcases this very special local craft brewery. You'll also get the bottle opener and the set of 4 coasters!Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
39 backers Limited (61 left of 100)
Now we're talking...this level represents the "social" membership to the CSB. In addition to receiving the coasters and bottle opener, you'll get your very own JNWBC pint glass. Pick it up at the brewery to fulfill your year membership!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $350 or moreYou selected
36 backers Limited (39 left of 75)
Heck Yes! This level represents the "partial" membership. In addition to receiving the coasters and bottle opener, you'll get a JNWBC official growler. Pick up your growler at the brewery to fulfill your membership.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $600 or moreYou selected
16 backers Limited (34 left of 50)
Fantastic! You're in for a full membership! In addition to the coasters and bottle opener, you'll receive two JNWBC growlers! Pick up your growlers at the brewery to fulfill your membership!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
3 backers Limited (17 left of 20)
Really love this idea? If you show your support at this level you'll get the full membership and all the $100 level rewards. You'll also be invited to help us brew during a brew session AND you can name the brew!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
Band and Brew! If you weren't already aware, Jay and Dan are members of the Dubuque Rockabilly band, The Fast Clydes...If you contribute at this level The Fast Clydes will play at your party! ...and we'll bring the brews! - includes one keg and limited to 150 miles from Dubuque. In addition you'll receive the membership level of your choice and all the $100 level and below rewards.Estimated delivery:
- (45 days)