Welcome to the world of 2688!
Have you ever wondered how mankind will ever attain Super Powers? In The Strange, I explore just that question along with many others. I have always called The Strange a science fiction story with a hidden super power agenda. I think that the future of Super Powers, and how Mankind will one day obtain them is not through radiation or other pseudo science means, but through science. Hard science. Most of which exist in infancy today! Of course, Mankind needs a goal, and survival is the greatest among them.
I also explore our culture and the compulsion to achieve beauty at no cost. The slow transformation woman/men are taking to essentially become more than human! This all leads to one logical conclusion: The Transhumanism! Man slowly becoming machine. And the eventual final change, The Posthuman! Not everyone embraces (or can afford) this new way of life. The human becomes a Sub Human, or normal, and the Transhuman is the advanced life form. Evolution is taking its next step!
Beko’s world is gripped in a Mini Ice Age after two devastating Natural Disasters. The oceans are drying up as the Ice Poles glaciers begin to advance. No Man lands are created on the old Sea Beds. These beds are hunted by roaming bands of Cannibal Gangs. Since most animals are gone except rodents and birds and the Sea animals thought to be extinct, food is created synthetically in the cities or forged in the desolate lands around the cities. Sea water is transported to cities via large pipes and processed into drinking water there. The skies are cold grey most days are filled with rain. The sun makes an occasional visit. Plant life overgrows in some areas and struggles to survive in others. What the Earth needs is a Hero! They are going to get one!
This issue features an all NEW art team(see details below)!
The story so far...
ISSUE #1 The story (The Law of Inheritance) introduces the main hero Beko, a 18 year old boy that has been hiding and living in the desert with his adopted father Fresh! Both outcasts, Fresh looked after him. The events in Issue #1 follow directly after the death of Fresh. The story starts with Beko being chased by one of the Cannibal Gangs that roam the dried up Sea Beds.
Issue #2 The Strange #2 (The Law of Attraction) is an action packed issue! First meet Useless Girl also known as Cyber Girl! She is taking to the streets, and following Pretty Boy! In turn, Pretty Boy is being hunted by a street gang called The Harvesters. They want his body parts and DNA to sell to the Carnage Carnival, a Black Market for human parts with a bizarre sideshow!
Next see the forces of The Occupation go into action! Orphan! Lady White! Scarborough! Caraway! O’Conner! They invade the Epsilon Fuller Tower in an all out surprise attack! Or is it?
Meanwhile, we learn more about Mr. Epsilon. Who is he? What are his powers? Then we jump back into the past and for the first time meet Beko’s surrogate father Fresh! It is a big issue with a lot of action and story! Get ready!
In this issue, (The Law of Survival) we visit the past of Young Beko and his mentor, Fresh. Fresh is teaching Beko the ways of fighting, but the lessons are not going as well as Fresh would like. Beko Is still a boy, and for the most part civilized. He wrestles with the moral dilemma of having to fight and ultimately, to kill! In this savage world, however, choices can be taken from you!
We learn more about The Occupation and their plans for Beko. At the same time, the reader gets to know our savage hero, Beko a little better. On the Bad Guy front, we meet Eric Fuller for the first time. Of course, Pretty Boy will make an appearance. Where is he going and why? And don’t forget Cyber Girl Aka Useless Girl. What is the dark secret to her powers?
Preview Issue #3:
This issue we explore Beko's relationship with The Occupation. Also, we go into the past and learn where Beko got his snazzy ensemble from. And the battle that had to happen: Scarborough verses Useless Girl!
There will be more Incentives added as the kickstarter progresses. Check back often to set what is new!
NOTE: ALL LEVELS ABOVE $8 GET A FREE PDF OF THE STRANGE #4 (COVER A)!
THIS IS ADDITIONAL ARTWORK FROM THE STRANGE #1,#2, & #3!
Risks and challenges
Hello and welcome to the The Strange #4 Kickstarter! Glad to have everyone back and I welcome the new readers too!
Kickstarters evolve. That is just how it is. Having over 25 successful Kickstarters, how I create and conduct these Kickstarters has changed over the years. Now, I feel it is time to bring this process to another level. I want to talk about some other things too. So here we go...
1) ABOUT THE STRANGE TRADE PAPERBACK - Unless noted, The Trade paperback will be used to replace Issues #1, #2 & #3 of The Strange. Also, PDF's of those issues will be replaced with the new versions from the Trade Paperback Kickstarter. There are two reasons for this; One, the Trade is a much more refined example of the comics, Two, the early issues are slowly starting to sell out.
2) COMIC PROGRESS - The Strange #4 is in the coloring phase, so we should be ready in a few months. The Project is set for a February 2019 release date, so we should have plenty of time to finish (It ends on December 20th, 2018 at this point).
3) COMIC SUPPLIES - I have upgraded to Mylar 2 and Acid Free Half Backs for all comics. These are Pro supplies for your comics. There is no way to describe the quality they add to the books.
4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - There has been a general change in how and what you can send through the mail in the American Post Office. This affects shipping cost not only to the USA but also all countries except Canada. I have found a way to save on cost, but it is still higher than Pre 2018 prices.
5) WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO? - As far as where the money goes, 80% goes to the artists and printing, and the rest to Incentives, Kickstarter Fees and shipping. Every penny counts! I get paid in copies that I sell at shows when I promote the product.
6) The Incentives for The Strange - What can I say? Some of the Limited Edition covers are starting to run low. It won't be long before they are gone. I am also adding some more artwork over the next few weeks, so check back for that too!
Okay! That's it for now! I hope you can pledge to help make another great issue of The Strange a reality! And thanks in advance!
Any questions, please email me!
Thanks for the support!
John Daniel Taylor IV
Top Secret Press
Owner / Editor / Writer
If you want to know more about Top Secret Press. Check us out on these Social Media sites:
WEB SITE: http://www.topsecretpress.com/index.htm
- (41 days)