The Definitive Recording Of Andrew O'Neill's History Of Heavy Metal
Over four years I have developed the best show about heavy metal you have ever seen. I've toured it round the world, added a full-on death metal backing band, expanded it, honed it and even written a bestselling book based on it.
Now it's time to film that show, so I can capture the magic and then finally put it to rest.
Yeah, I could do it shit and just upload it on YouTube and hope some of you see it.
But that's not good enough. Not for this show. Not for HEAVY METAL.
This show needs a kick-arse sound, a high-def filming, lots of cameras to show my stupid face from all angles, to show the crowd digging it, to show the grime of London's number one underground heavy metal venue.
It needs to be a professional film, like you'd see on BBC Four or Netflix, but without having to make the artistic compromises those people inflict on weirdo artists like me.
On 1st September 2018 I am performing the show for the last ever time, at the legendary Camden Underworld.
I need YOUR help to pay for:
- The costs of the putting on the show. Band, venue hire etc.
- Professional sound recording.
A professional editor who'll make it look amazing.
- Hire of industry-level cameras, camera operators, a director, and a producer who can run the recording, leaving me to focus on delivering the best possible performance.
- Conversion to DVD.
- Production of the DVD.
- Artwork. It's going to look GREAT.
- Promotion of the final product to the wider world. Getting it reviewed, stocked in HMV and that.
- If we achieve push goals, getting in guest stars, increasing the production values, including things like animations!
- All the extras I'm offering as rewards.
In return you get to be a part of making it happen. You get to be at the filming. You even get to be in the film. You get to help an artists achieve a singular vision, without the compromises of the TV industry.
I hope to raise £10,000 to make it a really good film. I have set the minimum at a modest level to ensure funding, but the push goal is really important to make the film I want to make!
Risks and challenges
I know this project will be hard work. I am employing professionals to ensure I deliver my rewards and make a cracking film.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)