With less than 24 hours to go, we're in the final stretch for Distance's Kickstarter! This marks the last chance ever that you'll be able to access the backer-only vehicle, as well as the limited edition t-shirt, poster, and physical box.
At the time of writing, we're at 3,799 backers on Kickstarter at $139,425, and 50 backers on PayPal at $1,265.78. All together that puts us at $140,690.78 as we near the Replay/Spectator Modes Stretch Goal!
We're sorry to those that had to deal with Amazon Payments being down last night. As far as we know everything's working again, so if you want to increase your pledge feel free to go for it! The next 24 hours will be your last chance to do so!
Right now we're sitting at #37 on Steam Greenlight, and getting Greenlit generally requires us to be in the top 10. If you're excited to see this game come to Steam, please make sure to vote "Yes" on our Greenlight page to bump Distance up. The earlier we can get Greenlit by Steam, the earlier we can look into integrating Steam features like achievements, Steamworks support, and especially use Steam for the Alpha/Beta!
Vote "Yes" on Greenlight: bit.ly/DistanceSteam
As mentioned yesterday, we're going to be live streaming the final exciting hours of the Kickstarter on tomorrow (Friday, Nov 16th), at 4-7pm PST / 7-10pm EST / 12-3am GMT! Make to swing by and say hello!
Live steam link: stream.refractstudios.com
New Concept Work
Chin Fong (the artist behind most of our concept images) has been working on a few sweet concepts that show new world pieces that we'll be experimenting with. This first one is a work-in-progress piece that shows some ideas for interesting track pieces. It's also what we borrowed from for the above image.
He also did some smaller sketches which show some early ideas for visual direction.
As mentioned on the Kickstarter front page, you can see more of his work on his blog at: http://chinfongart.blogspot.com. He recently posted more of his environment work in Halo 4, which is pretty breathtaking to say the least.
Press Round Up
We've been really happy to celebrate the success of the Kickstarter with everyone, and press have been jumping in on the action as well!
- [a]listdaily: http://bit.ly/Xf1FDm (Part 2 of Jordan's post from yesterday)
- CinemaBlend: http://bit.ly/THkA1l
- GamesRadar: http://bit.ly/ZUtApH
- Gameranx: http://bit.ly/UJDYM1
- Eurogamer.it: http://bit.ly/ZEjk5K
- GamingOnLinux: http://bit.ly/UJE3Q2
- inGamer: http://bit.ly/Xf1ms0
- PCGamesN: http://bit.ly/PXGYYg
Let's see how far we can go in the last final hours! Here's the ammo for one last hurrah:
- Share kit for avatars/cover images: http://survivethedistance.com/share
- Distance Kickstarter: http://kck.st/PzXxKA
- Distance Greenlight: http://bit.ly/QwKHHJ
- Refract Facebook: http://facebook.com/refractstudios
- Refract Twitter: http://twitter.com/refractstudios
- Press kit (info, media, etc.): http://refractstudios.com/press/sheet.php?p=distance
- Kyle, Jordan, Jason