Wow, we can't believe that we get to say this, but with 2 days to go we've hit our goal of $125k and we're now over $132k!! Honestly it’s incredible for us, just last week we weren't sure if we were even going to make and now we’re doing our best to keep up with everything and release some stretch goals!
This isn't just a win for our team alone though, this is a win for all of us. Not only are you allowing us to make the game of our dreams, you're enabling a brand new studio to be fully independent right out of the gate and have complete creative control over our IP. It's unbelievable, and by backing, spreading the word, and fighting until now, you've made our dreams come true. Now we'll have to thank you by making the best game we possibly can! Here's a quick video we just put together to talk about everything:
As many of you have noticed, there's now a stretch goal image on the Kickstarter front page! We've come up with a few goals to push for in these final couple days, and first up is a full Replay and Spectator Mode. While we already planned on supporting ghost replays on the level Nitronic Rush supported, this system would allow you to have:
- Loading/saving of replays
- Many different camera angles including cinematic modes
- Free camera
- Fast forward/rewind/play/pause
- Slow motion
Throughout this campaign many asked for PayPal support, so after much work Jordan finally got it up today! If you know anyone who wants to back Distance but needs PayPal please let them know that they have this option now. If you've already backed via Kickstarter, please don't switch over to PayPal if at all possible since that might risk lowering our total funds raised on Kickstarter. Also note that the PayPal funds do count towards the stretch goals.
You can use the PayPal site we've set up here: survivethedistance.com/paypal.
We're going to be doing a live stream of the finale of this Kickstarter on Friday, Nov 16th, at 4pm - 7pm PST / 7pm - 10pm EST / 12am - 3am GMT, to celebrate it with everyone! At that time stream.refractstudios.com will redirect to the live stream. It should be fun and feel free to join us for those final moments!
Press Round Up
Press has been rolling in over the past couple days and here's the round up:
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun: http://bit.ly/SV0DWf
- PCGamer: http://bit.ly/T1pLww
- Eurogamer: http://bit.ly/UH3lOy
- TotalBiscuit Tweet: http://bit.ly/UFGYsY
- Gaming Blend: http://bit.ly/ZLT4W6
- [a]listdaily: http://bit.ly/T3HDYJ (Jordan wrote this as a guest writer)
- GGS Gamer: http://bit.ly/T3HFzV
- Destructoid: http://bit.ly/TDbhBY
Let's keep up the momentum for the last 2 days and see if we can hit the stretch goals! This time we're also including the Distance Steam Greenlight page since we're #38 and still haven't been Greenlit just yet. Make sure to vote "Yes" on Greenlight if you haven't already!
- Share kit for avatars/cover images: http://survivethedistance.com/share
- Distance Kickstarter: http://kck.st/PzXxKA
- Distance Greenlight: http://bit.ly/QwKHHJ
- Refract Facebook: http://facebook.com/refractstudios
- Refract Twitter: http://twitter.com/refractstudios
- Press kit (info, media, etc.): http://refractstudios.com/press/sheet.php?p=distance
Thank you so much for helping us survive the distance! We can't thank you all enough!
- Kyle, Jordan, Jason