We're now 6 days away from the end, and excitement has been continuously building. We've had a great past couple days, largely due to all of your outreach efforts, so thanks again for keeping the fire alive! Sorry for not posting this earlier, as Jordan hadn't slept in 2 days to finish the video and we were held up by a last minute chance to use a special vehicle for our next in-person video!
Pre-Alpha Gameplay #2: Parkour Action
We just released the latest gameplay trailer for Distance to show off the parkour, platforming-like elements of the car, as well as a new obstacle we're experimenting with.
You can listen to the music used in the latest trailer, or download it in MP3 or FLAC (right click and "Save Link As..."):
Since the music is FREE, make sure to share it with anyone you think would enjoy it!
We just hit $80,000, which helps a lot in preparation for intense final countdown. As I mentioned earlier, Kyle, Jason, and couple friends helped to record the next video update today. We had a unique opportunity to use a special vehicle for the video, so we can't wait to see what you think of it. You can see a screenshot of what we have so far here:
We haven't mentioned Steam Greenlight recently since we started to see confused comments about whether the campaign was about voting or backing the project. In any case, we're still moving up (currently #41) and a few people let us know that getting more votes helps the game to pop up in more people's queues. If you haven't already, please give Distance a "Yes" here:
We had some luck with press as well over the past couple days, which also helped a bit to keep the momentum up. Some interviews we did were in the mix as well, so check them out to learn more about thoughts on Distance and going forward in the racing genre. Also, if you see a press article pop up this week, make sure to share and post a comment on the page. It helps a lot to show excitement about the game and show writers that we there's interest in articles about Distance.
- PCGamer: http://bit.ly/S9YEMC (interview)
- GameCareerGuide: http://bit.ly/Z6pWJZ (interview)
- VentureBeat: http://bit.ly/W0wg16
- ShogunGamer: http://bit.ly/WRKQhm (interview)
- GameMistress: http://bit.ly/Z6pIT8 (interview)
- Gaming on Linux: http://bit.ly/RM5oUe
- The Linux Link Tech Show: http://bit.ly/RtfkQY (podcast)
Aside from the new video a strike team has assembled to help us through the final hours, and they've been incredibly helpful so far. We'll continue press outreach throughout the week and bring you content as we have it. Here's the latest links:
- Share kit for avatars/cover images: http://survivethedistance.com/share
- Distance Kickstarter: http://kck.st/PzXxKA
- Refract Facebook: http://facebook.com/refractstudios
- Refract Twitter: http://twitter.com/refractstudios
- Press kit (info, media, etc.): http://refractstudios.com/press/sheet.php?p=distance
- Kyle, Jordan, and Jason