After announcing Linux support and split-screen we had a noticeable spike of new backers! We also saw that after releasing the new $35 tier many of you bumped up your pledges. As we've mentioned before, bumping up means a lot to us and helps everyone get that much closer to our goal. We're now 50% funded with 11 days to go, so it’s time to ramp it up and finish strong!
How You Can Help
Over the next few days we’ll be continuing to create new content and send the latest updates to various press. Since many of you have asked, here are some specific things you can do that would be incredibly helpful:
1. First, change your Kickstarter avatar! Right click the image above, "Save link as..." somewhere on your computer, and set your avatar to spread the love! On Kickstarter, you can change it by clicking on Me -> Edit Settings -> Picture. Change your profile picture on Facebook, Twitter, and forums to show your support and help reach a larger audience!
2. Tweets and Facebook posts are cheap, easy, and can go a long way. Tweet gamers, writers, YouTubers, and anyone that you think might like to check out the game.
3. Reach out to your communities! If you are a member of a Mac or Linux gaming community share the Kickstarter page with them. If you are a member of any racing game community, like Wipeout, Trackmania, or Carmageddon, please also share this with them as they particularly may be interested in a game like Distance!
4. One of the most powerful things you can do is to send a tip to gaming sites like Joystiq, Machinima, IGN, GamesRadar, CVG, GameSpy, GameSpot, Ars Technica, GameZone, etc. and simply write why you're excited about Distance and why you personally backed it! You can also send along the press kit which includes images and videos to make their lives easier.
Tomorrow, Monday the 5th at 11am PST, 2pm EST, 6pm GMT, we're inviting everyone to tweet together about the Distance kickstarter. You can use the hashtag #survivethedistance, and we recommend linking to the Kickstarter, as well as asking others to retweet you.
Tuesday, Nov 6th, at 11am PST / 2pm EST / 6pm GMT, Jordan (voice of the Nitronic Rush announcer) will be doing a Reddit AMA-ish post as the announcer from Nitronic Rush. It’s essentially an AMA where you can ask the announcer anything, including asking him to say a specific phrase, and we’ll post responses as audio files! Links for that will be coming soon.
If you have any recommendations or things you'd like to see in next few updates let us know! We're more than willing to change up the campaign due to feedback so please let us know if you think there's something we can improve. Here's everything shareable again:
- Distance Kickstarter: http://kck.st/PzXxKA
- Refract Facebook: http://facebook.com/refractstudios
- Refract Twitter: http://twitter.com/refractstudios
- Press kit (info, media, etc.): http://refractstudios.com/press/sheet.php?p=distance
- Kyle, Jordan, and Jason