Thank you for checking out my project.
I am making my third jazz CD. It's called Don’t Wait Too Long and named after one of the songs I recorded that was written by Madeline Peyroux. I think it’s a great philosophy and it’s also one of the reasons I decided to move forward with this project. I thought to myself, “What am I waiting for? Time is short and I'm going for it." I am so excited!
I'm very glad I approached this CD as a live project because my band and I were able to create some very special music that May night in 2011 when we performed at the Freight and Salvage in Berkeley, CA and recorded the live concert you will hear on this CD.
Kickstarter is a platform for funding creative projects. It's an all or nothing proposition---I have to make or exceed my goal amount or I receive nothing and no money changes hands. When I do reach my goal, then the full amount is deposited into my account (minus 8-10% for Kickstarter and credit card processing fees).
Why I need your help:
In order to complete this project, I need to pay all the bills that come along with making a great CD. Your donations will help pay these expenses:
Engineering - The studio time and the engineer to edit, mix
and master the CD
- Personnel - The musicians for their awesome playing and the producer for overseeing the entire project
- Manufacturing - The creation of the graphic design and the actual duplication of the physical CDs
- Mechanical License - There are 12 songs on the CD. Three are original songs that I wrote, but nine of the songs were written by other composers. I have to pay for the rights to record those nine songs. The composers include Joni Mitchell, Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Irving Berlin, Lerner & Lowe, and Comden & Green, to name a few.
- Website - Updating my website with the new tunes, new photos and creating an online press package
- Promotion - Hiring a publicist to promote the CD and a promoter to get radio airplay so people will know about the CD
What songs will you hear?1. Dance Only With Me - a Blossom Dearie tune
2. Soon - one of my original songs
3. If - Joni's Mitchell's interpretation of a Kipling poem
4. Almost Like Being In Love - a classic love song arranged in a sultry way
5. The Storm - a song I wrote about having a busy mind (can you relate?)
6. You Must Believe In Spring - one of Alan and Marilyn Bergman's best
7. Tick Tock - an original tune about being in the moment
8. Be Careful It's My Heart - an Irving Berlin favorite that I reharmonized
9. Our Day Will Come - Ruby and the Romantics recorded this song in 1963
10. Calling You - from the movie "Bagdad Cafe"
11. But Beautiful - one of my all time favorite ballads
12. Don't Wait Too Long - the title track, written by Madeline Peyroux
If I exceed my goal:
There's no ceiling on how much money I can raise. If I am able to raise more money than I am asking for, I will use it to create wider promotion in more markets and also for touring with my band.
CD Release Concert:
If you are in the SF Bay Area on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 8:00 PM, I hope you'll come to the CD release concert at the Freight and Salvage, 2020 Addison Street, Berkeley, CA. Let's celebrate together! www.thefreight.org
I appreciate whatever you can donate to help make this project a success.
Thank you very much for your support!
Yours in song,
Check out all the musical things I'm doing:
Hear tunes from my first two CDs, find out about the classes I teach
and the vocal groups I direct...and more: www.ellenrobinson.com
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)