58% and counting! New Engraving & Interview.
$23,507 in 10 Days!
We cannot believe the support we have received. We especially want to thank everyone for the recent mentions, including:
Laura spoke with Circe Institute's David Kern about the movie. Among topics covered:
- How THE SEER got off the ground
- Wendell's skepticism of screens
- Robert Redford's love of Berry and early support for the film
- How communities like Henry County get discounted
- Tanya Berry's wonderful work
You can listen to that interview here.
Another Wesley Engraving
- We need the length of generations and the depth of numerous points of view to appreciate the full register of our folly and to note the varied potential for celebration and joy latent within every life. We need the insight of traditions, the memory of communal wisdom – what Berry refers to as "the handing down" — to enlarge our minds and widen our sympathies so that we can learn to appreciate the vast complex patterns of mutual involvement and help that we are to one another.
This image shows three generations of the same family building a fence together. Wesley is so... excruciatingly... good! A letterpress edition of this image is of course included in the $250 tier.
Austin Kleon is a well-known writer, thinker and Austinite. And he's also been a Berry fan since seeing THE UNFORESEEN. He joined us for a preview screening of a nearly-finished cut of THE SEER and afterwards shared his reactions in sketch form. We thought they were cool and wanted to share.
The Berry Center
If you are not following The Berry Center on Facebook, start now. Mary Berry is a force of nature, and you owe it to yourself to remain tuned in to what they are doing in the world. Check out the substance of their latest newsletter, and watch this recent PBS special about the Wendell Berry Farming Program at St. Catherine College.
Thanks again everyone for spreading the word. This Kickstarter can't succeed without you!