Who are we?
We're a team of snowboard instructors and we've been making sunglasses for the past 2 years with a mission to provide high quality and great value. We’ve received fantastic feedback on our range of bestselling sunnies so far, but as action sports enthusiasts we really wanted to build on this by creating a sunglasses design, incorporating the same great lifestyle looks we've become known for, but with advanced sports performance features.
12 months of research and development later and we’re ready to introduce our new The Edge sunglasses. Designed to perform in dynamic environments, we’ve used our extensive experience riding snow, water, dirt and concrete to load this model with innovative features that make these sunnies the perfect combination of performance and style.
• The material we use for the frame is TR90 which is lightweight and durable but has the particular quality of being incredibly flexible, ensuring a comfortable fit that moulds to your head without creating pressure points. And with a weight of just 25 grams (0.88 oz) you'll hardly notice you're wearing them!
• We've given the frame a gentle wraparound style for a wider field of vision and to protect against wind and sunlight entering through the sides.
• We contoured the arms and placed rubber grab rails along the undersides so you’re less likely to drop your sunnies in the thick of the action or whilst wearing gloves.
• We also added hydrophilic rubber contact pads at the nose and ears so they won’t slip when things get wet or sweaty.
• The hinges are secured by a solid stainless steel screw which is completely encased. You won’t need to worry about breaking the hinge or getting these sunglasses wet.
The quality of the lenses was a high priority. We worked closely with our lens manufacturer to develop our innovative HiDef Polarised Lens Technology.
With all the benefits of our standard polarised lens, which significantly reduces glare from reflective surfaces like snow or water, HiDef Optics uses a patent pending technology to provide near infrared protection. This can be likened to a heat shield for the eyes which helps to reduce eye fatigue, ideal for people exposed to bright sunlight for long periods like ourselves. As soon as you wear these sunnies you'll notice your eyes relaxing regardless of the intensity of the light. In addition to this, the light spectrum of the lens enhances colours compared to a regular lens, providing ultra-sharp definition.
We're super excited about this lens! We tested extensively in a wide range of light conditions and the quality and clarity of vision proved to be outstanding. During testing we gave prototypes to highly experienced skiers, snowboarders, MTB riders and other action sports athletes for feedback, and a consistent comment was that the lens performance is better than many mainstream brands that charge 2 or 3 times the price.
The frame comes in a stylish matte black finish and there's a choice of 5 different eye-catching lens colour options to suit your personal style.
- Frame dimensions (in mm): Lens width 58 / Lens height 44 / Bridge 16 / Arms 136
- Frame material: TR90
- Nose and ears contact pads: Hydrophilic rubber
- Temple materials: TR90 & rubber (Double injection)
- Frame base curve: 6 base
- Hinge pin material: Stainless steel
- Lens: TAC HiDef Polarised
- Weight: 25 g (0.88 oz)
All Cab9 products are built using high quality materials that are intended to withstand the rigours of active use. In fact, we're so confident we offer a Lifetime Guarantee. If you experience any problems, other than those caused by normal wear and tear or accidental damage, we’ll repair or replace your sunglasses straight away.
Why we need you help
From the very start Cab9 has been committed to providing high quality and superb value, but as a small independent eyewear brand it's challenging to bring a new product to market. We don't have the resources of the large corporations that dominate the industry and that's why we need your help. By backing us you'll be helping us to raise the funds needed to get these groundbreaking sunglasses produced. All tests have been completed with impressive results and we have everything in place to start manufacturing. Now we just need to complete this final, but important step and with your support we can do it.
We carried out our research and design last year and rigorously tested and fine tuned our prototypes during the first months of 2018. Our manufacturing partner is set up and ready to go, so once we've obtained the necessary funding we can start manufacturing beginning of June. Product will be delivered to us early July and we will ship to our backers soon after.
Cab9 Eyewear and our products have been featured in:
Risks and challenges
We've been producing sunglasses for the past 2 years so we feel we have the necessary experience to deliver this project as promised.
We've spent considerable time developing a strong relationship with our manufacturing partner who's as excited as we are about this new model. Having reviewed our pre-production samples, we're very confident that these sunglasses will be manufactured to the high standards we expect.
We've also created a strict schedule to ensure they're delivered on time and ready to ship to our backers as promised. However, we understand that there may be unforeseen circumstances that could possibly delay the delivery date. We really don't expect this to be the case but we'll be ready to quickly overcome any setbacks if they arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)