A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
The best trainer for YOU, in a box.
60 sec. EXPLAINER VIDEO:
How it works:
5 steps to use bod:
1. PICK A PERSONA - Download our app. Pick a persona that resonates with you and that you'd like to work toward.
2. ASSESSMENT - Your first workout will be waiting for you.
3. WORKOUT - Put bodbox down wherever you're working out so it can see you:
4. LEARN - Bodbox watches and learns from your workout (based on stickers we tell you where to place):
5. TRAIN - Based on data collected from your workout Bodbox emails you post workout with performance metrics, optimized diet recommendations, and a plan for your next workout:
1. Data: velocity, acceleration, rep counts, weights, tracked for all of your workouts automatically.
2. Workout + diet: optimized based on your performance in the workouts that the bodbox watches.
3. Link up: Bodbox can get even smarter from your current wearables or workout programs.
4. Compete: challenge friends to any given workout. Kanye vs. Taylor once and for all.
5. It's only getting smarter: bodbox started off pretty smart due to access to larger amounts of data on pro and olympic level athletes. overtime anyone uses bod, anywhere, its recommendation engine just gets smarter.
What is the bodbox?
The bodbox (www.thebodbox.com) began as a simple hacked together way for Chuck and other pro and olympic athletes to get better. It's raw and authentic even in it's early form. We're only making 25 of this first version. Manufactured by hand. When you buy a bodbox, you join our family. You'll be sent raw data, team updates, and be directly involved in the design choices we make moving forward.
How does it work?
The Bodbox uses object tracking to recommend workouts and diet plans based on Chuck and our team's extensive knowledge and experience with optimal training.
All you need to do is charge it up, turn on wifi, and set it down close to where you'll be working out.
The Bodbox high performance team
Risks and challenges
1. Underwater imaging is difficult and the data may be less meaningful unless we are able to find the correct waterproof housing.
2. Making sure that any data we collect (or have collected) is architected correctly so that the bodbox is actually getting smarter over time.
3. Making sure users and purchasers understand the value provided by the data and experience we've already collected without giving away too much at such an early stage.
The bodbox is a motion tracking fitness robot. Leveraging data from the top professional and olympic athletes in the world, the Bodbox can give you a personalized fitness and diet plan to maximize YOU.