The Kickstarter campaign for Coldwater Crown: A Strategic Fishing Game will be over VERY soon (or has already ended!). THANK YOU to ALL of our backers who pledged to help bring this game to life!!
Did you miss the campaign?
Now that the campaign is over, we can't take any more pledges (and we won't be able to make any edits to this campaign page), but this is not the end. If you would like a copy of the game (or if you would like to add another) but missed the campaign, you can pre-order them from our website. Out of respect for those who backed during the campaign, please note the difference in price.
This is just the beginning...
- Watch for our WEEKLY Kickstarter updates to hear about every step of the process of producing the game and delivering it to backers.
- Like the Coldwater Crown page on Facebook (and subscribe to receive notifications) to see periodical posts about the project, behind the scenes images and interact with other Coldwater Crown fans.
- Rate the game at Board Game Geek and upload pictures of your family playing the game.
- Email Dennis directly at email@example.com or contact him through the Kickstarter system.
- Subscribe to the Bellwether Games newsletter to receive monthly updates about our efforts to get Coldwater Crown onto store shelves around the world, and to hear about other projects we're working on.
Message from the Designer:
In Coldwater Crown you'll launch a plan to catch the perfect variety of fish from the Shore, River, and Lake. To catch fish, you’ll place different types of bait in four fishing zones. Using a brilliant worker placement mechanic that lets you take actions both when you place AND when you pick-up Angler tokens, you'll begin clearing your zones, taking care to remove only bait that will help you catch the fish you need next. Whenever you clear the last piece of bait in a zone, you catch a fish corresponding to the color of the last piece of bait you cleared. You’ll also earn synergy points by clearing unique combinations of colors to catch fish in the special Master Angler Challenge.
If you can catch the right fish at the right times, your trophy count will begin to stack-up, bringing victory within reach. Every trophy you haul-in earns you victory points, and the most climactic moment occurs at the very end when players submit fish from each species to win the Shore, River and Lake contests. The player with the most points after all the contests are decided is declared the winner of the Coldwater Crown!
For players who enjoy worker-placement games, Coldwater Crown will feel both fresh and familiar. The smooth process of placing and removing an Angler token every turn combined with the puzzle-like mechanic of setting and clearing bait from the right place at the right time is a fun and rewarding experience. Play loosely to casually explore the game, or plan your moves carefully to optimize every fish you catch and secure victory. The choice is up to you!
Click here for the Kentucky Bored Gamer full review article.
Look for the Coldwater Crown spotlight in Board Games Monthly Magazine!
Read Meg's full review here.
James Sander-Cederlof (Playtester): "I don’t like fishing. I love this game." Click here for the full review article.
Mike Tunison (Playtester): "Coldwater Classic feels very fresh, both in terms of the excellent theme and the game play. Decisions are engaging and reward careful planning, but it’s never stressful or overly complicated."
Every stretch goal reached during the campaign will be included in every copy of the game produced for the campaign! That means, the more funding raised, the more you get (at no extra cost to you)!:
- Jetsam Promo Pack: Everyone who pledges for a copy of the game will receive the Jetsam Promo Pack, a special 4 card mini-expansion that will be packaged separately and sent with your pledge. The Jetsam Promo Pack is not intended for retail and will not be sold through distribution.
- Special reduced price - Coldwater Crown is expected to retail for $50. When factored for shipping being included in your pledge, this means you are getting the game for about 30% off retail price!
- More components and upgrades: Every pledge helps us unlock component upgrades and bonus content for the game!
- Kickstarter edition: This special first printing of the game will be a Kickstarter edition that may feature special artwork not featured in future printings.
- Short campaign: The campaign is only 22 days long. That's about 25% shorter than most campaigns, so the more pledges we receive early, the better.
- Early shipping: We have no control of the postal system, but we plan to ship your copy of the game about 10 days before we release any additional copies to distribution.
- Money-back guarantee: After one month of receiving your game, if you are not satisfied with the final result, you can return it for a refund of your pledge level.
It's easy to get more from your pledge. When you ADD any of the $ amounts listed below to your pledge total, we'll also send you the corresponding game from Bellwether Games. (For example, if you live in the US and pledge $62 ($44 for Coldwater Crown + $18 for Antidote) we'll ship you Coldwater Crown plus Antidote.)
The "add-ons" listed above will ship from the US, separately from Coldwater Crown. Supplies of each are limited.
Shipping is one of the biggest costs of running a Board Game Kickstarter project and shipping prices can vary and/or change over time. We've reached out to various fulfillment companies and made the following shipping estimates, which will be added when you pledge.
Note: Other games from Bellwether Games listed in the "Pledge More, Get More" section, will ship from the US, separately from Coldwater Crown.
We don't have a retailer pledge level for the campaign, but we love to support local game stores. If you're a game retailer and would like to stock Coldwater Crown, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss pricing options. We consider retailers who back during the campaign to be like regular backers and we will ship your games at the same time as other backers.
We know you're taking a risk when you back a Kickstarter project. That's why we're offering a money back guarantee. After receiving your rewards for Coldwater Crown, if you decide they didn't meet your expectations, you can return them within 4 weeks for a full refund of your pledged amount.
Risks and challenges
We've successfully delivered over 3,500 Kickstarter rewards to backers during two previous campaigns.
This experience has provided us valuable perspective on some of the risks and challenges of running a project like this one. Some of the risks and lessons learned are listed below:
-Low funding level: We made a significant financial investment in the art and design of this game. If we fund at a low level, we will be taking a financial hit, but we believe so strongly in this game that we are committed to producing it even at a loss to us.
-Check and double-check your work: Board games come with a lot of important pieces and components. Before sending the games to print we will check and double-check every piece of art and every component to make sure its right. We are NOT okay with producing a game that is missing pieces or has graphic or typographic errors.
-Get started early: The overall timeline for producing a game is long. That's why we commissioned the bulk of the artwork before the campaign and have already begun working with manufacturers to plan production.
-Manufacturing risks: We'll be testing samples of the game before sending it to final production. This way we can check all the components to make sure they are durable and make us proud.
-Logistical risks: For our first campaign we lost about 3 weeks because port workers in the US were on strike. Ouch! "Force Majeur" risks like this are possible, despite our best efforts to plan. That is why we've calculated a conservative timeline based on data from previous projects.
-Fulfillment risks: We've fulfilled over 3,500 rewards to backers of previous projects, but anytime hundreds or thousands of packages are sent out en masse there is the potential for some to be lost and/or damaged. We are committed to working with any backers who fail to receive what they expected to receive. You take a risk on us, so it is just good practice to return the favor.
-Fulfillment risks: We'll be shipping the games to distribution centers in the US, Canada, the EU and Australia. We've researched companies that are experienced in fulfilling Kickstarter projects like this one, but there are always risks with international business partnerships. We commit to getting you your reward, no matter what happens.
-Finished product & money-back guarantee: Finally, there is a risk that for some reason, you may not be happy with the finished work. If this is you, you can return your pledge within 4 weeks of receiving it for a full-refund of your pledged amount.
- (22 days)