Candidly is a crowdsourced mobile app. Designers & techies across borders have come together to create an ephemeral data app that's fun
Sometimes we see humour where there's none! A witty comment in a serious situation can make our friends smile. Spread it w/ Candidly!
When we sat down to chart a roadmap for Candidly, we thought of a number of things that could make the app cool - disappearance of messages if users want, voice messages recorded with static images, annotation on top of videos and images (just tap the screen and leave a message right there), slow-motion videos and group videos ... so on and so forth. Then we realised that not too many apps take inputs from hundred of potential users while deciding a feature list. Taking it to the NEXT level, we decided that we will use our experience in building design and technology solutions using crowdsourcing to put together a virtual team for creating Candidly!
Features that have been developed so far:
> Take a pic, put your text or voice comment by simply tapping on the screen, share with Facebook friends (or on your Facebook wall) while deciding if you want to make disappear or not. You can also reply to your friends' messages with special emoticons or voice messages.
Features we are working on:
>> A whole host of interesting video features! Shoot a vid, put your comments and play with it like the static image. Create a slow-motion video from your vid ... or create a fast forward video :)
>> Group video - now combine videos one on top of the other to create an awesome montage!
So now, Candidly is going to be among the world's first crowdsourced mobile apps. There are a number of designers, developers and idea junkies working on the app even as we write this profile. Over the next few months, we will have a crowd of people contributing custom emoticons, jazzy new features, background images, unique ideas and funds that will go into enhancing Candidly.
Here's a snapshot of the native user interaction code as it develops:
And here's the basic architecture:
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- performance of teams that are virtually connected needs to be controlled with a lot of discipline. Sometimes discipline takes over creativity!
- the iOS and some Android store guidelines change often - we will need to keep pace with the changes
- we are aggregating a lot of diverse skills and bringing them all together, so that there are enough synergies, can be tough sometimes.
- the team has the experience of creating and successfully running multiple entrepreneurial ventures
- we have the experience of converting many ideas and concepts into businesses which ended up industry leaders in their markets
- the team includes members with the experience of executing over 2,000 design and technology projects in the crowdsourcing model
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.