Previous Module Note: Anyone pledging £15 or more also gets a copy of the previous module, and all its stretch goals, in one format, if they wish as an extra bonus.
THE REAVER'S ARE COMING......
Hello. Thanks for taking the time to read this. The project is to raise funds to create an adventure module for 5th edition fantasy, OSR and the Pathfinder rpg's.
This adventure is the sequel to The Last Prayer of the Dying https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1839381666/the-last-prayer-of-the-dying-a-dandd-5e-adventure. Though you can play this adventure without having played the first, you can buy it as part of this Kickstarter
If you wish to see more theme and images of this Kickstarter before you pledge, check out the digital file pack from the prequel. Its on pay what you want:
Module Synopsis The PCs are taking downtime in a harbour while researching clues to the whereabouts of a long lost fortress, when the town is suddenly attacked by an ancient enemy, the Orc Reavers from over the Great Sea.......
The publication will be about 80 pages in size. It includes:
- A brief gazetteer of the region, adding to the lore given in the first adventure. 3-8 page in size.
- 10 wilderness encounters to get a feel for the setting. Some of these will be seaborne.
- A brief introduction to the harbour town of Fairrenporth, where the adventure starts
- History and Culture of the Orc Sea Reavers, their fearsome captains, the Erskals, and their ambitious nefarious chieftains, the Widsith.
- A mass battle as the brave folk of the Duchy of Keranow try to fight of the Reaver hordes.
- 3 'dungeons'.
- A) The lost fortress of Terandin Mendith, home to legendary weapons of the ancients.This will be a multi-level dungeon
- B) A sacred ruin designed to test the mettle of great warriors. A series of caves the party may explore voluntarily if things go well, or be cast into, if things go bad.
- C) The shrine of a conflicted Fey Rose Priestess, Fax'netha. Is she truly anyone's ally or enemy?
- 8-10 quarter page pieces of high quality art.
- The PCs should start at 4th level and be 7th by the end of this adventure.
- An adventure outside the axis of good versus evil: betrayal, manipulation, treachery, duty and the consequences of choice.
The Chronicles of Keranow Campaign
This is part 2 of a much larger campaign set in the Duchy of Keranow. The Duchy itself is inspired by myths of the British Isles, The Norse Lands and France. It seeks to lightly draw in elements from Historic Cornish, Arthurian, Celt and Viking legends.
Three different game systems?
Yep. Each of the 3 systems play differently, so the 3 versions will have slight differences. 5th edition fantasy is quite narrative, OSR has many random elements, while Pathfinder needs to be more balanced challenge wise. Treasure is different in all 3 games. Each will also be of a differing length in terms of final product.
Where will the money go?
A fair chunk will go on art. Some on editing.
Previous Module Note: Anyone pledging at the "Pledge £15 or more level or above" also gets a copy of the previous module, and all its stretch goals, in one format, if they wish as an extra bonus.
Risks and challenges
This is our second Kickstarter and while everything went to plan first time, there are few pieces of art to ship in this one, they shouldn't cause any delay.
The artist, editor, designer and other contributors all live within 3 miles of me.
I am well into the creative part of the project, which I hope to complete before the end of January 2016.
Some of the Stretch goals will be created by other contributors.
- (36 days)