What Is It?
How many times have you burned your fingers taking something hot out of the microwave? Fear no more, the Micro Easy Grab lets you heat and grab your food painlessly, and then use it as a placemat! Ergonomically designed, it's perfect for the home, office, and dorm (care package). It's truly an unexpected necessity and so simple to use! Forget about using those huge gloves, kitchen towels, finger grips and trivets that just get in the way.
Place your dish on top of the Micro Easy Grab, heat it, grab it from the bottom, and voila! You have a placemat as well!
We’ve all wished there was something more readily available than the typical awkward gadgets like:
1) Oven Gloves or Mitts: If you can find one, it's usually shoved in a drawer, is too big (have you noticed they only come in one size), gets in your food or soup, and then needs to be washed...what a hassle... argh!
2) Trivets: You usually need two to grab the item securely, and then another one at the destination... who has the storage space...really!
3) Kitchen towels: They're slippery, they provide minimal insulation from heat, you still need a trivet at the destination, and again there's the hassle of washing them...who has the time?
Vibrant beautiful "semi-transparent" colors: LUSCIOUS RED, LEMONADE, SKY BLUE and POWDER PINK to brighten up any table setting.
Micro Easy Grab is stackable in 3 different sizes (10”, 12”, and 14”) which are the standard microwave turntable sizes in the USA. Please note, the Micro Easy Grab should not be wider than the turntable or it will prevent the rotation. Keeps your turntable clean too! Get two and use one as a splash guard!
It's made from FDA approved silicone.
Patent pending and design registered.
Store it in your microwave for your next use!
Where We're At
1. Basic Research: Done
2. Basic Patent Search: Done
3. Design and Utility Patent Pending: Done
4. Freehand Drawings: Done
5. Professional CAD drawing: Done
6. Prototype: Done
7. Market Test: Done (Attended the Chicago International Home + Housewares Show in March 2013).
8. Moulding and Tooling, 10": Done
9. Sample pre-production, 10": In Progress
10. Packaging Mock up: In progress
11. Moulding and Tooling, 12 and 14": Funding needed
12. Tooling 12" and 14": Funding needed
13. Minimum quantity per size and color: Funding needed.
14. Tradeshows: Funding needed
When I exhibited the Micro Easy Grab at the Chicago International Home + Housewares Show in March 2013, at the New Inventors Corner, the response was phenomenal! The need for the Micro Easy Grab was even greater than I thought! When seniors shared with me that their sense of balance is not as keen as before, it dawned on me that I needed to cater to this niche market I didn't even think of prior to the show! Mothers told me that kids need them too, to keep their little fingers from getting burned. Buyers were amazed that such a simple idea was not already on the market, validating the Micro Easy Grab. I guess my burned fingers are finally paying off!
After much thought, I didn't want to offer an apron or a sticker but rather something practical and useful, a LED flashlight keychain. I hope you guys will like it as much as I do, it's super bright! :)
For those who have supported me throughout this challenging process, you will never be forgotten!!
Special thanks to my family, Stephanie Vhlos (my mentor, who literally held my hand), Emily Barr (model, beautiful inside and out), Ted Tillinghast (engineer, "Ms. Siri Lee"), Nick Mitsakos (music, gifted indeed), Eric Davis (my grammarian and spelchecker ;) ) and my friends (lol) who believed in me!
Risks and challenges
We are halfway through the risks and challenges. We are in the process of testing out the pre-sample production, and as with most oversea manufacturers, QC and delivery are issues to address. However, I've come too far to let any obstacles deter me at this point, and will do everything in my power to see that the best quality is delivered! Because of the minimum quantity required to manufacture any single color, red is the only color I am certain that I can offer, since it is the leading kitchenware color in the industry, but I'm hoping that there will be enough orders for me to be able to offer all of the colors.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)