Yes, we are MyFlashLabs, a team which dedicated its full time and resources in developing AIR Native Extensions to make the AIR community more powerful than ever before, embraced by the community itself. Thousands of Flash Devs are using our ANEs and now building beautiful apps each day.
We brought variety of native APIs into Adobe AIR, such as Firebase, Facebook, Game Services, Virtual Reality, and etc. Each time a new ANE has arrived, a new power was born in the Adobe AIR community. And guess what? Today it’s time to bring Augmented Reality into Adobe AIR as well!
It’s time for AR in AIR
As I’m writing this post, there are lots of AIR developers out there (like you and I) who love to have Augmented Reality in their apps right away!
Moreover, we got feedback from AIR devs on Twitter, Voices page, our contact page, social media, and some other places, that AR is an essential technology in nowadays mobile app development, and should be available for Adobe AIR as well.
Adobe is investing a lot on AIR and we are as well. Today we, as an enthusiast team of ANE developers, are not only so eager to have AR in Adobe AIR platform, but also have all of the resources, knowledge, and experience to make it happen. What else do we need? Well, of course your support and passion!
ARCore for Android & ARKit for iOS?
Definitely the brand new Augmented Reality SDKs from Google and Apple are a game changer in mobile app development industry, and add another cool AR solution out there!
Though at the moment that I'm writing this, these SDKs are still in experimental state and are not ready to be used in production environments.
Some of their cool features:
- Motion tracking: It allows the phone to understand and track its position relative to the world.
- Environmental understanding: It allows the phone to detect the size and location of flat horizontal surfaces like the ground or a coffee table.
- Light estimation: It allows the phone to estimate the environment's current lighting conditions.
So the ARCore & ARKit SDKs are not the ultimate goal of this Kickstarter campaign, but the Wikitude SDK is.
As always we're going to update the AR ANE, and as these awesome solutions are growing, we will add them to the ANE in order to expand the AR solution of Adobe AIR platform. You can back this project, to not only help us in this path, but also win cool rewards. Cheers!
Augmented Reality Beta Version is released!
We're so proud to announce that a new version of the Augmented Reality ANE, V1.0.0, using the latest Wikitude SDK, V7.0.0, is released! Though the commercial version of the ANE is not released yet, as we're still working on the ANE, adding features and providing more sample projects.
Check out our Github repository: https://github.com/myflashlab/AR-ANE-Samples
As soon as we have released the ANE, some enthusiast AIR developers contacted us to beta-test it. You're also interest? Just drop us a message from our contact page.
$9,000 AUD is our next goal!
Hooray! We have reached our initial goal. Thanks to all of our backers who helped us so far by showing their love and passion about bringing the best AR solution into Adobe AIR.
But the more you help us in this process, the more we can dedicate our time to make it happen as fast as possible, with all the features available in the first place, and supported on both, Android and iOS platforms. Hell yea, let’s move forward with this bad-ass ANE right away!
Your Rewards Awaits!
Well, to compensate just a little bit of your help, we're providing the best that we can as our rewards!
So if you're not yet using Augmented Reality in your AIR projects, you can still back the campaign today, and receive our exclusive rewards before the campaign is over or the pledges are sold out!
- Permanent Club Membership: Download all of our CURRENT & FUTURE ANEs/AS3 Libraries for always without paying annual fees!
- "Exclusive Diamond AR" License: Save up to €300 when signing up for the Wikitude SDK plans.
- And more: Receive more rewards as an early birds, such as ANEs Source Files, Elite Showcase, and etc.
We aim to put all the additional funds into further development of the Augmented Reality ANE and have plans to make it perfect in every aspects... It not only be clean in coding with comprehensive documentations, but also with lots of awesome examples and templates which will speed up your workflow development by 240%. That's why we've started this Kickstarter campaign and planned for stretched goals as well.
- $19,000 AUD GOAL: If we reach this stretched goal, we will gladly open source the whole project (obviously only the ANE and what we're going to achieve in this project, not the Wikitude SDK itself!) for all enthusiast ANE developers who love to contribute in the project and bring AR in AIR platform ahead.
Our history with AR
Almost about three years ago, we started one of the most exciting projects in Adobe AIR community, the Augmented Reality solution for Adobe AIR developers! We could successfully build and publish the AR ANE which used to load Metaio SDK.
But it didn't last long, as Apple acquired Metaio! There were no updates and all the services has been closed since then. So we had to make our ANE out of stock as well! There were no good possible alternative solution until today. Cheers!
Wikitude SDK is suggested
Let’s just have a quick look at some of the Wikitude SDK features:
- Object Recognition: Object recognition technology creates an additional touch point to interact with users, allowing real time and 360 degrees AR experiences around real world objects.Build augmented reality experiences using a variety of real-world objects.
- Instant Tracking: Ditch the markers! Instant Tracking is the first feature using Wikitude’s SLAM technology. Easily map environments and display AR content without the need of a target image (markerless). This feature works in both indoors and outdoors environments.
- Multiple Image Target: This feature enables recognition of several images simultaneously. Once the images are recognized, developers will be able to layer 3D models, buttons, videos, images and more on each target. Additionally, augmentations will be able to interact with each other based on the targets’ positions. Multiple image target recognition can be used to bring interactivity to many apps.
- Extended Tracking: Extended Tracking allows developers to go beyond targets. Once the target image is recognized, users can continue the AR experience by freely moving their devices without the need of keeping the marker in the camera view. This feature now shares the same SLAM algorithm as Wikitude’s Instant Tracking feature, providing robust performance for Wikitude-based apps.
- Image Recognition: The Wikitude SDK embeds in-house built image recognition and tracking technology, which can be used out of the box. It works with up to 1000 images that can be recognized offline. Developers can switch seamlessly between augmenting recognized images and geo-located points of interest within the live camera image.
- Location-Based Services With GEO Data: The Wikitude SDK comes with many convenient features that simplifies working with geo-referenced data. The design and layout of your points of interest are fully customizable to suit your needs.
- 3D Augmentations: The Wikitude SDK can load and render 3D models in the augmented reality scene. Import your 3D model from your favourite tool like Autodesk® Maya® 3D or Blender. Every 3D model Based on the new Native API, Wikitude offers a plugin for Unity3D so you can integrate Wikitude’s computer vision engine into a game or application fully based on Unity3D.
- Cloud Recognition: Wikitude’s Cloud Recognition service allows developers to work with thousands of target images hosted in the cloud. Wikitude’s technology is a scalable solution with very quick response time and high recognition rate. Includes 1,000,000 scan calls to the cloud service per month in each. Dedicated server options and custom offering available for enterprises.
- And even more features: Click here to read more on Wikitude website.
Awesome offer for early backers of this campaign!
After our talks with Wikitude team and finalizing the AR ANE project, we’re so proud to announce that we have some incredible news for the AIR community!
You'll receive "Diamond AR" and "Exclusive Diamond AR" licenses of this AR project as an AR AIR developer! Which means you will receive our ANE for free after the project funds successfully. Isn't it cool?
NOTE: Of course depending on what Wikitude SDK plan you're going to go with in order to enable AR in your projects, you'll need to pay according to Wikitude's pricing tables. But the Diamond Licenses for you as an AIR developer, help you save some cash. Cheers!
- "Diamond AR" license: By this generated license you receive the ANE for free which means you'll save €150.
- "Exclusive Diamond AR" license: By picking any of our “Diamond” pledges, you’re eligible to get this license. By this generated license you not only receive the ANE for free, but also be eligible to have access to Wikitude SDK easier as an AIR developer. It lets you save €300, and it’s just to compensate a little bit of your help for being with us this early and supporting this Kickstarter campaign!
Hooray! That’s some generous offers which makes a smile on any AIR developer, including we ourselves! Thanks Wikitude team for your passion and being eager enough to bring AR into one more new platform!
We believe that the only reason which made Adobe AIR one of the greatest multi-platform technologies for delivering 2D games and applications, is the AIR community itself! Without the community, none of this could happen! This is also true about this Kickstarter campaign, the Augmented Reality AIR Native Extension.
Although we're so eager to develop this amazing ANE, we also need your help and support on it. As we mentioned earlier, we've received so many requests to develop the AR ANE in all of these years, and we do appreciate that. And that's why, we cannot take that for granted, when we have found the perfect solution eventually!
We think the amazing Kickstarter platform will not only help us to dedicate our full time to bring the AR technology into Adobe AIR with all of its features available in the first place, but also helps the whole Adobe AIR community by providing them awesome rewards when backing the campaign.
We already stopped most of our projects to develop the ANE, and need your help and passion to get motivated more and more each day. Hell yea, let's have AR in AIR after all!
Risks and challenges
We waited so long for this day to come! Of course, there’s a heavy responsibility on our shoulders regarding bringing AR into Adobe AIR! Lots of AIR devs have already begun to party, and are preparing themselves for a new adventure! Which is adding a new way of experience for their users! That’s pretty amazing, isn’t it?
Since 3 years ago which we started with Metaio, till today which we’re developing AR ANE for the Wikitude SDK, we only had one thing in mind, and that was bringing AIR platform ahead.
As soon as we’ve passed the initial tests to make the ANE work on Android and iOS, we stopped any low-priority tasks in order to bring AR in Adobe AIR! But still there’s a long way to make it ready with full native features of SDK available, and provide 100% identical AS3 API at the end!
As always we need your support and passion to keep going forward and being able to dedicate our full-time into developing this amazing ANE!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)