A Time of Shadow, A Time of Heroes
Hundreds of years have passed since the fall of the Aetaltan Empire and the people of the Sea of Tears are finally bringing order to their fractured world. Fledgling nations have grown into powerful kingdoms, thriving merchant states have reestablished the old trade routes, and the clerics of the Enaros have rebuilt their great temples. Yet in this time of rebirth, the shadow of apocalypse rises again.
After centuries of neglect, the holy seals created by the Warders of Alantra have started to fail, allowing the Endrori, the long imprisoned dark minions of Endroren, to unleash their vengeance upon the children of Lensae, the sun. Meanwhile, Demons driven by the unknowable motivations of Qliphotic gods crawl their way through cracks in space to seed the world with Voidspawn. What little hope and prosperity has finally taken hold is threatened with oblivion.
Answering a call from Lord Drakewyn of Aetaltis and sanctioned by the holy Orders of Lensae, small bands of independent heroes from around the Sea of Tears rise in defense. These stalwart adventurers fight the battles armies cannot fight, delve deeper than others dare, and serve as beacons of promise in a world growing darker with each passing day. They are the last best hope for the people of Narosia.
The Adventure Begins…
Narosia: Sea of Tears is a complete, stand-alone, fantasy roleplaying game powered by the HERO System that delivers a unique fantasy gaming experience:
- Player-controlled divine favor system, allowing the Enaros to influence or intervine at any point
- Dramatic action supporting any type of maneuver (called shots, grappling, blocking, and more)
- Distinct magic systems for divine and arcane powers, including spell improvisation
- Detailed cultures and races integrated into the story of the world
- Numerous martial arts representative of the cultures from which they evolved
- Comprehensive system of Skills, Talents, and Perks to define any type of character
- Battle-tested system that scales from commoner to demi-god
- Setting specific bestiary that expands on the 300+ creatures from HERO System Bestiary
- Over 30 years of HERO System material to draw from (180+ sourcebooks)
Whatever your interest, whether dungeon delve, intrigue, or exploration, Narosia provides a rich background for the legends you forge.
We welcome you to explore Narosia even further with our preview pages. These pages provide a detailed overview of how Narosia works, the rules, and the detail to be found within the game. We want you to know the game you are backing is a game that you are excited to play and share with your friends.
- (30 days)