Space Simulator for iOS and Android
Space Simulator for iOS and Android
Spaceflight simulator for iOS/Android , PC and consoles. Realistic physics and spacecrafts iOS /droid/win/Mac/WiiU/PSVita/OculusRift
Spaceflight simulator for iOS/Android , PC and consoles. Realistic physics and spacecrafts iOS /droid/win/Mac/WiiU/PSVita/OculusRift Read more
Space Simulator is a realistic space flight and travel simulator game for iOS and Android.
Our game is accurately based on real physics and full size planets and solar system - your adventures in space are constrained by very real and well simulated laws of orbital mechanics.
In this first version of Space simulator you can play all the historical flights of the Apollo missions, some of the Space Shuttle missions and a beta version of a general purpose Solar Explorer.
This first version will run on iOS devices including iPad2+ and compatible Android devices.
Here are a few technical specs that makes our product unique:
1. Full solar system - with real size planets and distances. We have implemented from scratch a new physics model in double float precision allowing for sub-millimeter accuracy while keeping all the distances/velocities of the planets real.
2. N-Body gravity system - Our new revolutionary system simulates ALL gravity fields of all planets and moons at the same time. Complex orbits, gravity assists and Lagrangian points are simulated perfectly.
3. On Board Computer emulator : software-level computer emulation of the Apollo DSK and the SSMC puts you in control of the spacecraft using exactly the same procedures and events than in the real machine! That includes all launch mode autopilots, etc.
4. On-Screen controls : Of course you can control your spacecraft manually with an ergonomically designed -yet practical- touch control panel. All yaw/pitch/roll/ throttle and the main orbital attitudes are easily controlled with your fingertips.
5. Realistic Virtual Cockpits: For the serious simulation fans, we have implemented a very detailed 3D virtual cockpits, in which you can zoom, pan and touch all the controls, which work the same as in the real cockpit. Currently implemented virtual cockpits include Apollo CSM, Grumman LM and STS Atlantis
6. On board-computer Emulators running the original software allows you to fly using the pre-programmed protocol , or experiment taking manual control of the spacecrafts and practice everything from the basic launch to orbit to the most complex Lunar-Orbit-Rendezvous of the Apollo missions, all simulated with the ultimate degree of accuracy and visual representation.
7. Superb collection of Spacecrafts - all support docking, virtual cockpits if applicable, realistic fuel contraints, historical controls, etc.
8. Futuristic Spacecrafts - You'll enjoy the new Solar Explorer - a fictional spacecraft, bounded by today's technology and of course realistic physics, with just about enough fuel to let you plan expeditions to Mars and the outer Solar System.
9. An innovative texture system that represents the major planets with an incredible level of detail. Although constrained by the memory of tablets (* the application is itself less than 400 mb!), the game creates unbeatable crisp images of the Earth, Moon and other plaents at any altitude.
8. Integrated Cellestial / Orbital planner - seamlessly intergrated with the main rendering engine, so you can zoom out and see your relative positions, your orbits and experiment with new orbital changes, etc. The n-body solver will predict your orbit, no matter how complicated, including even gravitational slingshots, etc.
9. And much more: dynamically generated clouds, spacewalks with EMU, realistic sounds and audio clips, accurately represented re-entries, complex and realistic aerodynamics model for the landing of the Space Shuttle, and much much more!
Our Vision for the Future
We want Space Simulator to be like a good book that never finishes. After this first version release we intend to expand the missions and spacecrafts with frequent add-on releases to include every manned mission since the first American man in space, as well as an assortment of futuristic missions and spacecrafts for you to plan, execute and enjoy your own manned mission to Mars, Venus and every major planet in the Solar System.
As many of you out there, we would love to bring the game to the PC and console platforms.
If we double our target and hit £80,000, we will to begin work on a PC/MAC version right after the release of the mobile version. For the PC/MAC version we can step up the graphics quality even further and integrate hardware such as joystick controls, flight sticks and including Oculus Rift VR headsets.
If we reach £120,000 we can begin production on Space Simulator for major consoles, where the full potential of this game can be released.
We want to know what you think! Leave your thoughts, feedback and comments on our forum:
See how the project has evolved over the past two years:
Risks and challenges
Now the good news is that the project is almost finished. The hardest parts - the physics, the rendering and the gameplay engine - are all done so there are no showstoppers in view. By backing us on this project, you will have the security of knowing that there will be a final product at the end of it all.
We've done some incredible things over these two years. The project as of now runs on iOS devices (anything from iPad2 upwards) with an outstanding framerate and visual quality. However, our progress at the moment is significantly limited and much slower than we'd like. The Kickstarter campaign is going to help us successfully complete production of the game at full pace.
We will use the funding to finish work on the models. We need to hire designers to help us create all the content for each of the missions for a seamless, historically accurate and authentic gameplay experience.
We will also have to spend some time ironing out the remaining rough edges, making sure the project is as bug-free as possible. We will work side-by-side with our betatester backers to make the game as accurate, engaging and easy-to-use as possible.
We've really made sure that there are no more showstopping setbacks before coming on Kickstarter so that there is minimal risk for our backers. From this point onwards it's just about putting in the time and resources to complete everything to a level required for a game of this size.
All our backers will be kept up-to-date of the development progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)