Calling All Artists!
Have your art featured in Popup Dungeon!
So as you might know, Popup Dungeon allows you to import your own pictures for abilities you create.
But we don't want to force people to scour the internet for an image every time they come up with a new idea for an ability. That option is there for maximum flexibility, but for convenience we'd like to include an extensive library of images with the game. We'd like to cover most common Fantasy, Modern, and Sci Fi abilities you can think of. So if you want to shoot a rocket out of a bazooka, we'll have you covered. If you want to fire red-hot cinnamon toaster pastries out of a bazooka, you might have to supply your own image. ;p
Because this is a big undertaking, we've thought of a mutually beneficial way for fans and artists to get involved. So starting now, we're officially accepting submissions from all artists!
Here's what you need to know as an artist
- You're granting us NON-EXCLUSIVE rights to feature your artwork, which means you can resell or reuse it any way you'd like. You retain all the rights to your own work.
- You are duly credited for any images we use. Your name will appear right alongside the image in the selection interface.
- You are listed as a "Contributing Artist" in our main credits.
- The artwork does NOT have to have been created specifically for Popup Dungeon. As long as you believe it fits a potential ability, we'd love to take a look at it.
- If this Kickstarter is successful, we will be commissioning some of the artists whose styles best fit our game to create additional artwork. And yes, these will be PAID commissions!
- Whether you are donating art or working on a commission, this is a great way to build up a resume! :D (We know how hard it can be to get started in this industry!)
For our part, we're gaining potentially loads of quality artwork from our community, which allows us to include a vast library of images at launch and frees us up to improve the quality and quantity of art in other aspect of Popup Dungeon, like more tile sets, more props, enemies, and characters.
Guidelines for images
- We prefer images in .png format, but .tiff, .bmp, and high quality .jpegs work well too
- It's best to keep the size of the images between 512x512 to 1024x1024 px
- Images may not include any copyrighted material that you do not own the rights to. Please don't include any logos or identifiable trademarks in the image, though your signature as the artist is both acceptable and encouraged.
- Artwork should be iconic, identifiable, and family-friendly. You should be able to suggest a usage for any image you submit, such as "Axe Chop" for an image of an axe being swung, or "Freeze" for an image of a critter frozen in an ice cube.
- Images can be any dimension you'd like, but be aware that they will be cropped into the image frame of ability cards. This is the size and shape:
Be aware that the bottom third of the image is partially occluded by the name banner.
Ready to submit your work?
- Send an email to triplebtitles[at]gmail.com
- The subject line of your email should read "Art Submission for Popup Dungeon"
- In the body, please include your name as you'd like to be credited.
- You can also include the intended use for your image in the body, but this is optional.
- Don't forget to attach your image to the email! ;)
- You'll receive a reply from us within a couple of days with a simple, plain-English contract to make things official, and once we get that back, we're all set!