Kittens In Cups- Annapolis Cat Cafe
Kittens In Cups- Annapolis Cat Cafe
Annapolis's first cat cafe where one can enjoy artwork, treats, and cats! Help make Kittens In Cups possible!
Annapolis's first cat cafe where one can enjoy artwork, treats, and cats! Help make Kittens In Cups possible! Read more
About this project
Imagine a warm & inviting place where cats and humans get to interact on a daily basis without those pesky cages! Where you the human can relax, drink coffee, eat some treats and be able to pet a homeless kitty and possibly even take them home!
We are Kittens In Cups, a cat cafe located in Annapolis, Maryland. We are teaming up with Anne Arundel County SPCA's non-profit organization. We need your help in order to create the best environment for our shelter cats in need. We are a team of artists, but most importantly cat lovers.
Each one of your donations will go towards things for the cats: cat trees, cat food, cat toys, cat wheels! The rest will go towards furniture and rent so that we can stay open and help these cats out!
Add on Instructions:
1. 'Pledge An Amount' or press 'Manage Your Pledge'.
2. Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the items you want to add.
3. Leave a comment on the page addressing which items you would like to add ( example: I am adding the #2 tote bag and the #1 sticker to my pledge ).
4. If you cannot pick up in store please add $5 to your pledge amount as well!
What Is a Cat Cafe?
A cat cafe is a half gourmet coffee-shop, half cat adoption center. You can purchase some coffee and a bakery item, play board games, read, work on homework, all while a cuddly cat sleeps on your lap. The best part is, if you meet your new best friend, you will be able to adopt him or her from a local non-profit shelter partner.
Cat Cafés originated in Taiwan in 1998 and have been popular in Japan for many years. Cat lovers in the U.S. are rejoicing as Cat Cafés finally make an appearance in the states. They’re already popping up in most major U.S. cities! And now in Annapolis, Maryland!
How It works:
Visitors will pay an hourly cover charge. Reservations will be required through our website to avoid confusion and over crowding. All food and drinks will be provided either by us or our partners. All adoptions with go through Anne Arundel County SPCA's adoption process. We will also have artwork and merchandise all designed by our team for purchase!
How does this benefit the cats?
Improved quality of life: The cat cafe is also the foster home for these cats, which means we rescue them from our partner shelter, The Anne Arundel County SPCA, they will live in a cage free zone and be allowed to snuggle with each other as they await their furrever human. All this will improve their health immensely!
Increased adoptions: By putting cats in an environment that's safe and comfortable, we give cats the chance to let their personalities shine. Which means you will get to interact with them on a different level than you would at a rescue center.
More lives saved: By fostering cats, we create more space at our partner shelter for other cats in need. Their shelter capacity increases, which means more cats can be cared for. And the euthanasia rates decrease!
Our process so far!
1. Location: We have a location and have already signed a lease!
2. Zoning: There is no need because we have found a location with the correct zoning! (Leaps of joy!)
3. Renovations: Currently adding a floating hardwood floor and installing new doors.
Our Cats Thank You!!!
Great Kickstarter related sites:
Risks and challenges
1. Finding a location was the hardest challenge, we especially did not want to have to get the property rezoned since it would push our open date back. Luckily we have overcome this issue and have found a place that is zoned correctly and is purrfect for Kittens In Cups!
2. Department of Health: As you can imagine, combining food and animals under one roof raises many eyebrows at the DOH. We are working with the Department of Health to ensure that Kittens In Cups complies with all food safety regulations.
3. Promoting & Logistics: This is a relativley new concept that has many people scratching their heads! But we are open to any and all critisisim as we find our footing, and appreciate all the love and support and promoting that you guys are willing to give us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)