Greetings and welcome to Evil Dead 2 The Board Game, brought to you by the publishers of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Board Game", "Cowboy Bebop: Board Game Boogie", "My Hero Academia The Collectible Card Game" and many many more.
Before we get into the nitty gritty of this officially licensed board game campaign, there's something a little different about this one. A few years ago, another company successfully launched an Evil Dead 2 board game campaign that was never fulfilled to its backers. This other company collected all of the money and delivered nothing to thousands of Evil Dead 2 fans that participated in their project. Because of this travesty, Jasco Games, in collaboration with Lynnvander Studios, the Evil Dead 2 licensing group, and our other partners have come together to bring Evil Dead 2 The Board Game back from the dead. We're calling this campaign a Heartthrob Campaign. What that means is if this campaign successfully funds, all of the backers of the previous campaign (that we had nothing to do with), will be getting a copy of Evil Dead 2 The Board Game for only the cost of shipping (that's right, free + shipping).
We cannot deliver exactly what previous backers pledged for, as that was not our project, however, we hope that you will all love this game and appreciate what we are trying to do for our beloved gaming community. Our Evil Dead 2 board game is an entirely NEW game designed by Lynnvander Studios and directed and tested heavily by Jasco Games and our play testers. If you were one of many backers of the previous campaign, refer to the section below called “Original Backers” to find answers to some commonly asked questions and to verify that you are on our backer list to receive your copy of Evil Dead 2 The Board Game.
If you are a new backer, we welcome you as well! You will not only be getting a fantastic board game for $59 (An $80 retail value game when it hits stores), that is completely designed, tested and ready to print upon funding of this campaign, you are also helping bring thousands of people a new copy of Evil Dead 2 The Board Game! They really got hurt by the other company and we, as a community, are very proud to have the opportunity to do right by those backers.
If you have already done the math on this, you will see that this Kickstarter campaign was designed to do a good thing. Profit is not the main purpose of the campaign, which is why we are selling the games as close to our production cost as possible while including the free game to original backers into that cost.
So, now that's explained, let's take a look at this beautiful board game, shall we?
Now includes Combat Ready Ash!
1. Search For Items
2. Battle Deadites
3. Evil Can Get In You, And Turn You BAD!!!
4. Battle Your Former Friends
5. Seal The Portal (Or Open It)
6. Save The World
You know how it is. You get together with your friends and decide to have a nice weekend in the woods. Maybe head up to the cabin, go for a walk in the woods. No city, no distractions, just some time with your mates and your girl. Groovy!
And then some evil darkness decides to crash your party, possessing people. And before you know it, the dead start rising from the ground, looking for this magic book or perhaps just a tasty snack. The only hope to stop them is to find that book ourselves and seal the portal near the cabin. But be careful, ‘cause the evil can get in you and turn you bad. And evil has its own plan for the portal, wanting to open it up and release Deadites on the world.
It’s down to us to save the world.
Detailed Model Turns (Good & Evil)
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE BETA RULEBOOK!
Evil Dead 2 Cinestory - The Movie as A Graphic Novel!
This 332 Page hardcover book is a full color illustrated graphic novel of the entire Evil Dead 2 movie. Relive the adventure of Ash and friends vs the deadites in this beautifully and horrifically illustrated story. Great to read on a plane, train, or in your remote cabin in the woods.
To add the Evil Dead 2 Cinestory to your pledge, simply increase your pledge amount by $35. The option to add the book to your order will then appear in the pledge manager after the campaign without having to add any additional funds.
Evil Dead 2: The Board Game Extras Pack
Part of the process of making this campaign possible was working closely with the Licensing Coporation for Evil Dead 2. By granting us access to the original backers of the previous campaign, they are allowing us to fulfill our version of the game to you. Below is a link to the original order ID list. Please verify that your order number is on the list provided so that you know that you are getting your game.
If you purchased the game through another method (website sale, convention, or any other method) please e-mail email@example.com with your proof of purchase and we will add you to our shipping list with confirmation. Unfortunately, there is not a smoother way to handle this, but we will do our best to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get a copy of Evil Dead 2 The Board Game.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I was an original backer of the Evil Dead 2 game from the other company. Do I get everything I pledged for on that campaign?
- No, unfortunately, that was not our project and we do not have access to all of the items they were offering. However, we will send you a copy of our Evil Dead 2 Board Game if we receive payment for shipping upon ship date at no additional fee.
2. How did Jasco Games get access to the backer information from the other campaign?
- Jasco Games has been granted the license to produce Evil Dead 2 The Board Game from the official licensing group. That group was involved in the administration process of the original campaign and provided us the backer information to help make things right for the original backers.
3. If I ordered my game from the other company, but not through Kickstarter, do I still get a copy of the game?
- Yes, Please provide your proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our shipping list.
4. How do I find my Backer ID? (Steps Below)
- Go to your BackerKit "backed projects" page (Use the following link if you have lost your survey, or if you have never signed up for a Backer Kit account. https://evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game.backerkit.com/sign_in)
- See the Evil Dead 2 listing? Right-click (or, if on mobile, hold down) on the link and select "Copy link" (NOT "Copy text").
- Paste that link into notepad or something similar.
- Your Backer ID will be the last string of numbers at the end. You want that!
- Search up that number on our PDF here: https://jascogames.com/evil-dead-2-board-game-original-backerkit-id-listing/
5. If I pledged for the retailer pledge on the previous campaign, do I get all of my retailer copies?
- Yes, you get all 6 copies.
6. If I was a backer of the other campaign and pledge on this campaign, do I get 2 games?
-Yes, you will get an additional game.
Shipping fees will be based on the actual costs incurred to ship this product. We will be collecting this via our custom pledge manager system after the campaign ends. Shipping charges will be collected from backers of this campaign as well as the backers of the previous Evil Dead 2 Kickstarter campaign who wish to receive a copy of the game.
The chart below details estimated shipping prices, but be aware that prices could go slightly up or down depending on factors such as add ons, shipping location and current postage prices at ship time.
United States, Canada: $9 - $18
European Union, United Kingdom, Australia: $15 - $25
New Zealand: $25 - $35
Latin America, Rest of the World: $50+
Please keep in mind that these are estimates, and the more items you purchase, the more shipping will cost.
EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN™ is a trademark of Studiocanal S.A.S. All Rights Reserved. © 2019 Studiocanal S.A.S. ® All Rights Reserved. ©2019 Jasco Games LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Risks and challenges
We are fully aware of potential delays that may happen with products that are produced over seas, the common ones being delays in production, shipping, and customs.
Please understand the delivery date is only an estimate. Due to the global logistics involved in shipping, some regions may receive their pledges sooner than others.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)