Changing the world one ride at a time with a cargo bicycle that does it all.
Help us scale up production and get a bicycle that will change the way you experience your community.
The value of riding a cargo bike is measured in smiles, waves, fresh air, physical activity, and the joy that comes from travelling at a speed that allows you to take it all in and be part of the world around you.
When you add in the cost savings of not buying gas, and potentially selling your car with all its insurance costs and maintenance hassles, the value can be measured in real money too.
No spandex? No problem. With electric assist you can easily carry loads and ride up hills. The Box Bike is for everyday riding by everyday people.
Electric Assist Makes it Easy
The Box Bike comes standard with electric assist to effortlessly boost your speed to 17mph. The assist has a range of 10 to 15 miles. Extra batteries and chargers are available. We can remove the electric assist if you don't want it (are you sure?). We call the unassisted Box Bike the Messenger Special.
The Standard Box Bike
The frame is handmade and assembled in California. The Box Bike is designed to fit a wide range of riders - anyone from 5’0” to 6’7” in height (152cm to 201cm).
No skimping on quality here – Shimano components, Tektro hydraulic brakes, FSA headsets and Schwalbe tires.
The bike frame is powder coated blue with yellow plastic flooring. Optional matching yellow canvas sides and kid seat are also available
The Deluxe Box Bike
Need something even nicer than The Standard Box Bike? You need the Deluxe!
The same frame as The Standard Box Bike but with a low maintenance, super clean belt drive. The Deluxe features an internally geared hub for smooth, stepless shifting that also allows you to shift gears any time even if the bike is not moving.
The Deluxe has a higher capacity battery and features integrated lights and a horn wired directly to the electric assist battery– this bike is ready for riding day or night.
Even better, you get to choose your color. Wow!
All the Accessories for Your Lifestyle
Join Us - We Need Your Help
By helping us meet our funding goal you will enable us to:
- Put the Box Bike into production
- Help people get out of their cars and travel more with a smile
- Expand and upgrade our manufacturing facility
- Create improved tooling and fixturing
- Buy components in quantity at a lower price point
- Take advantage of advanced laser cutting of metal components
Help us reach our goal!
Choose your reward
Our goal is to make you happy so we are offering some great rewards. We are also paying the sales tax on all rewards. Don't be surprised if you get a few extra stickers or a t-shirt with your reward. We really like giving stuff away.
Get a bike in time to enjoy spring and summer biking
- February 20th 2016 - Kickstarter campaign ends
- March 2016 - ship stickers, caps, and t-shirts
- Late April 2016 - ship Deluxe Box Bikes
- May - June 2016 - ship first 20 Standard Box Bikes
- June - July 2016 - ship remaining Standard Box Bikes
- Alex Yasbek - Founder, dad, mechanical engineer
- Josh Muir - (Frances Cycles http://www.francescycles.com/) Design Consultant. Handmade bicycle guru.
- Phil Boutelle - Mechanical Engineer. Product Tester
- Amelia Conlen - Strategy and Vision
- Kelli Horner - Finance and Support
- Ryland Wolff Baker - Bicycle Industry Insider
- Lisa Noble - Bookkeeping and Business
- Breann Beal - (Suffer For Art Design and Graphics) Graphic Design.
We have a media kit, please contact us.
Our Video uses music and images from the following:
Risks and challenges
We are limiting the number of bicycles available through the Kickstarter campaign to ensure that we will be able to provide bicycles to our backers in a timely manner.
We have already developed relationships with component suppliers to ensure that as we scale up production our supply chains are in place and established.
We have taken the time to go through different iterations of the design and manufacturing process and we are confident we can scale up efficiently.
We have a good team that is well qualified. We will rise to the challenges we face and manage our risks as best we can.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)