About this project
THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR PROJECT was created to help musicians, from all-around-the-world, reconnect to the original moment that inspired them to be singer-songwriters. Back to a time when it was just them and their guitar. Focused. Challenged. Creative. Most likely self-exiled to an isolated space. And definitely completely lost in the moment.
WE FORMED IN APRIL 2012. OUR GOALS ARE TO:
• Inspire artists to take action.
• Tell stories from a truthful, meaningful point of view.
• Strive to give people something to believe in.
HOW THE PROJECT WORKS
1. A musician is selected by The Acoustic Guitar Project and is provided an acoustic guitar and a handheld recorder.
2. That musician has one week to record an original song using only the equipment provided. No editing on the computer is allowed.
3. When the musician is finished, they choose the next musician to participate, and the guitar becomes a viral memento with its own path.
OUR KICKSTARTER GOAL = TV PILOT
We need your help to shoot our TV Pilot. We'll use the $20,000 to travel, film and edit it. The project you fund will continue as a full Webseries, and we will use the pilot to pitch the show.
YOU GET TO DECIDE WHERE WE FILM IT!!!
In addition to your reward, FOR EVERY DOLLAR you contribute, you'll get ONE VOTE to decide which city we film it in.
This is a rough sketch of how we plan to shoot the pilot.
WE ARE ALREADY DOING GREAT THINGS
Check out some of the truly amazing songs from around the world, and watch the video interviews to find out how one guitar can change many lives.
COOL THINGS THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED:
- Nearly 50 musicians have written an original song
- We organized a concert in Helsinki, Finland!
- We've helped musicians overcome a writer's block of many years
- We've had left-handed musicians write on a right-handed guitar
- We've inspired musicians to play their first live performance
- We've had musicians, who play different instruments, learn guitar
VIDEO OF PROJECT 01 : MUSICIAN 02 TALKING ABOUT HER SONG
GROUP SHOT AFTER THE PROJECT 02 CONCERT IN HELSINKI
ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE SUPPORTED US
We are incredibly humbled to have been written up by Mashable, one of our personal favorite sites for what's "next." And we've been one of their best stories of the month. Over 8K shares in one day. Check out the beautifully written story.
Open culture is a great site with the kind of mission we believe in... empowering and inspiring people to do and learn more. They said some really nice things about us. We are flattered!
BEING INTERVIEWED ON THE HELSINKI TV SHOW — MIN MORGAN
THE KICKSTARTER VIDEO CREDITS
- Todd Leatherman — Director of Photography
- Tamara Treu — Editing
- Brandon Wilde — Music Score
- Craig Kasmer — Storyboards
- Matt O'Dowd — Acting
- Jess Lee — Acting
- Candy Niemeyer — Logo Design
- Ben Burns — Awesome Foundation Page
Risks and challenges
Challenges include any unforeseen mistakes that can, and usually do, happen on a video shoot. There are many! We will hire a nimble, seasoned production team that can problem-solve and adapt.
Also, this show is not scripted. That means no one can predict the outcome, but that's half the fun now isn't it?
The biggest risk is that I'm letting YOU choose where I shoot it!
If you take a look at TheAcousticGuitarProject.com, you'll see what I've been able to do in 10 months almost exclusively on my own, with my own money, while working a full-time corporate job. Imagine what we can do together!
If you back me, I will not let you down.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)