1 out of 68 children have Autism. Over 40% of Autistic children are non-verbal.
70-80 % of children with Cerebral Palsy have impaired communication skills.
These are just a few heart-wrenching statistics related to non-verbal children. We know what it's like to have a child that is struggling to communicate. Communication and basic expression is a right of all individuals, and our Mission is to help them.
Speechify is an App for mobile devices, designed to help non-verbal and minimally verbal children and adults communicate better. The intuitive, yet elegant grid based design is easy to setup and use, and can support multiple languages.
SpeechifyApp is currently available on the iOS app store, as well on this Kickstarter . We are attempting to raise funds for the Android version of SpeechifyApp, so that we can reach even more non-verbal kids around the world.
April is Autism Awareness Month. Help us develop the Android version of SpeechifyApp, and help millions of non-verbal children in the world communicate.
Features and Benefits
- Simple, clear and easy to use. With its simple and engaging design, and scrollable cells and columns, Speechify’s interface provides a logical learning process.
- Communication between devices via text / SMS between devices
- Supports any language that is supported by iOS/Android. The option to personally record audio and insert text for the app allows the app to function in any language that is supported by your device.
- Commonly used phrases. Create phrases that are commonly used by your child, so they can be used with a single click.
- Speechify comes with a set of pre-installed images and associated text and voice. These can be customized manually and expanded, to suit your child's needs.
How will the funds be used?
Why are we on Kickstarter?
We need your support in making Speechify a reality. The money is being raised to fund the final design and development costs of the Android version of Speechify. April is Autism Awareness month, Help make SpeechifyApp a success and help millions of non-verbal Autistic kids.
Our request to you..
We hope that you share this project and our mission with your friends, family, and others. Please spread the word so we can succeed in our mission of bringing SpeechifyApp for Android to life. We hope that you can help with a contribution. Even the smallest level will get us closer to our goal. Please see the rewards and the benefits of pre-ordering SpeechifyApp for Android at a discounted price. Or.. you can support us by ordering SpeechifyApp for iOS, which is available NOW. Give a voice to someone special... someone that is non-verbal and doesn't have what most of us have. PLEASE SUPPORT US, so we can make this project a reality!
SpeechifyApp iOS version
Speechify for iOS is available at :
Risks and challenges
Kickstarter is an all or nothing model. Either we raise 100% of our $488 goal or all of it gets returned to the backers.
Please note that the $488 is only a fraction of the overall cost of design and development. We plan on using the funds from the iOS version of SpeechifyApp (currently available on the app store as well as this Kickstarter), along with the funds from this campaign, to complete our design and development.
- (60 days)