About this project
Martin de Tours is:
- Accessible. We created Martin de Tours on the premise that all men should have the experience of owning clothing made exclusively for them. Historically, the luxury of made-to-measure clothing was only in reach for a lucky few…until now.
- Efficient. A customized experience combining extraordinary customer service, innovative technology, and sophisticated production techniques.
- Revolutionary. We are the only online custom clothing retailer that offers you your very own personal style consultant dedicated to making the process as seamless as possible.
Martin de Tours Clothier started when two long-time friends found themselves questioning the difficulties associated with purchasing a quality suit. After an exhausting search for a great fitting suit that didn't break the bank, they realized that what they were looking for did not yet exist. And so, they created Martin de Tours Clothier.
Obstacles We've Experienced:
- Rummaging through chaotic racks of ill-fitting suits.
- Pushy sales people who care more about their commission than making your shopping experience a successful one.
- The uncertainty of shopping online with absolutely no guidance.
- Searching store after store for something that vaguely fits.
- True bespoke tailoring that will get you a perfect suit, but will simultaneously destroy your bank account.
For so many of us, these are just a few reasons why shopping has become about as exciting as a prostate exam...necessary but awkward to say the least.
So We Did Something About It...
We were just as frustrated with the limited choices, so we started Martin de Tours Clothier with a simple goal: to provide great looking made-to-measure pieces and personalized service at reasonable prices. We combine the art of old school tailoring with new school technology.
No more Rummaging...
Our Style Valets are assigned to each and every Guest to help them through the process of creating their very own unique custom pieces. Made-to-measure choices are endless and can be overwhelming; enter your Style Valet. Think of them as your personal style advisers.
No more Commission Crazed Associates...
Our Valets won't push product on you. Rather, from wherever you are in the world, they'll navigate you either in person or virtually through the full experience of purchasing a slow crafted made-to-measure Martin de Tours suit. We hand-picked our team from some of the most notable names in the industry, and not only are they super knowledgeable, but pretty cool.
No Sacrificing an Arm and a Leg...
Our custom suits start at $495. If you searched for an off-the-rack suit of the same quality, you'd find yourself well into the $800 range. Martin de Tours offers high-end, quality suiting for a fraction of the cost.
(Esquire even picked up on what we were after)
"....Within about twenty minutes, he walked me through the fit and accouterments I should go with... I highly recommend it...." -Nate Hopper, Esquire
Where We Are Today...
We started Martin de Tours in the Summer of 2013 with our friends and family, and everyone loved it. Our next step was to introduce Martin de Tours to the public. This past fall we did just that, and fulfilled our first concrete orders. Since then, they've been coming in at a steady pace, even a few internationally. We achieved our goal of making quality custom clothing and personalized service available to everyone.
But Now We Need Your Help...
With your generosity we will be able to accomplish even more....
With $20,000, you will help us invest in fabric, design resources and technology allowing us to launch our 2014 Spring/Summer collection and service offerings.
But with $50,000, we could do all that plus we'd have the ability to be even more accessible by allocating valets in every major city in the US.
And with $100,000, we will be able to open our flag ship brick and mortar location in the heart of NYC!
If you have made it this far...
We would like to send across a very heart felt thanks! One of our valet's will see you soon (we hope)!
And Remember, Fit Happens!
Risks and challenges
This isn't our first rodeo.
As mentioned above, we have been consistently producing product for the past several months. All the kinks have been ironed out of our supply chain and order fulfillment processes.
Occasionally, our guests need to make minor alterations to their garments after final delivery. Here we offer a $75 credit toward future orders to cover the cost of alterations. We also work closely with each guest to find reputable tailors within our network of partners.
The very reason we have a deep bench of Style Valets is to help mitigate the risk often associated with made-to-measure tailoring.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Can I still pledge even if I'm not available for an appointment before April 5th (the last day of KS)?
Yes! Please don't let the expiration date of our Kickstarter scare you away from pledging. We have backers scheduled for appointments all the way through July!
Pledge away!...We'll find time for an appointment later :-)
There are a few ways actually…
1. During your virtual appointment (via Skype/Facetime), your Style Valet will walk you through how to take all of your measurements, and they'll record them for you as you go. For this, a 'measuring buddy' is most helpful for accuracy!
2. We’ll send you a measurement sheet that you can take to your local dry cleaners and have them measure you there, then relay the info back to us.
3. You can also follow our easy to use videos on our website (www.mdtclothier.com) and measure yourself at home (and have a friend help out)…
After pledging you will receive a Thank You message from MdT which will include a link to set up your appointment. After you set your appointment day/time, your assigned Style Valet will contact you to introduce themselves, and confirm.
Yes! We’ve shipped as far as Australia and are happy to ship to you wherever your location may be. MdT won't let distance stop you from having your new favorite suit!
No matter what level you back at, you'll have access to all of our quality fabrics as well as any customization options we offer. You can create your dream suit/shirt/vest, and your Style Valet will be right there to walk you through all of your choices.
All of our pieces are designed right here in the US (by you and your Valet). They are then constructed by a state-of-the-art Asia based manufacturer, using extremely high end techniques.
No problem! Pledge at the $552 level, and we'll replace the two shirts with a custom vest.
The $411 pledge is the custom jacket and pants only. The $502 pledge is both the suit and two custom shirts.
Nope! No matter what your size, the same price applies (that rhymes :-)...
The one and only UPS! Our product is packaged safely and securely to avoid any damages during shipping.The suits have been shipped overseas and always arrive safe and sound.
Yes of course...maybe the best gift idea EVER!
Support this project
- (45 days)