About the Project and the Artist
I am a professional fine art photographer from Hendersonville, North Carolina. For the last ten years, I have traveled the country in search of abandoned historic locations. I strive to capture the beauty, and tell the story and history of each location that I photograph. These abandoned buildings and locations speak volumes when you enter them, even in their abandoned and decaying state. Every room you look into tells a story, and every artifact from a bygone era holds years of meaning and lost purpose. I enjoy searching for beauty in uncommon places and by doing so, help to preserve the history, memory and spirit that still shines ever so faintly in the dust and decay of these modern ruins.
Four years ago, I published the first Art of Abandonment photo-book (funded right here on KickStarter!). Now on the ten-year anniversary of the inception of my work, I am thrilled to present The Art of Abandonment Volume II. As I have traveled around the country in search of historic abandoned places, I have sought to find new and interesting locations that expand upon this theme.
The Art of Abandonment Volume II will take you to many intriguing abandoned places including a sports arena, an insane asylum, a water park, and even a mansion-turned-nightclub, owned by an alien ambassador from another planet (no really, I’m serious!).
The Art of Abandonment Volume II, is a 176 page, 9"x12” hardcover book. It features full-color photos and histories of sixteen different historic places (fourteen previously unpublished locations, and two locations from the original book that have been revisited after restoration).
I am coming back to Kickstarter to launch this second book, and I hope you will help me fund this project to help cover part of the initial cost of printing and self-publishing the first two thousand copies! I also encourage you to take advantage of some of the special reward tiers and discounted offers that I am offering exclusively to the KickStarter community.
I hope that these images and stories spark your creativity as they have mine, and I sincerely thank you for your support of this project, and my overall body of work!
Some Examples of My Work:
- Pledge $29 - 11"x14" Signed Matted Print (50% off!). - 11"x14" Signed and matted paper print from the Art of Abandonment series (your choice of image from my site: www.TheDigitalMirage.com) This is a 50% savings off the normal price! Retail value $59.
- Pledge $49 - Early Bird Special - Limited quantity! - Early Bird Special! Get the signed book for only $49! A savings of $10 off the retail price. Limited to the first 100 backers!
- Pledge $59 - Signed Book - Get a signed copy of the Art of Abandonment Volume II.
- Pledge $88 - Matted Print and Book Bundle! Get an 11"x14" signed+matted paper print (your choice of image from my site: www.TheDigitalMirage.com) as well as a signed copy of the Art of Abandonment Volume II!
- Pledge $98 - Two Book Bundle! Get two signed copies of the Art of Abandonment Volume II and save $20!
- Pledge $98 - Volume I + Volume II Bundle! Get the original Art of Abandonment book as well as the new one (both signed)! Volume I and Volume II bundle for $98 ($20 off the retail price).
- Pledge $145 - Collector's Edition. This signed copy of the Art of Abandonment Volume II comes in a custom designed clam-shell case with magnetic closure, Art of Abandonment "Keep Out" logo on the front, and a silk ribbon lifter. A beautiful way to present your book as a true work of art in your house!
- Pledge $325 - Book Plus Metal Print. Have art on your WALL as well as your coffee table! Get a 16"x24" Fine Art Metal Print (Your choice of image from my site: www.TheDigitalMirage.com) AND a signed Art of Abandonment Volume II book! Retail Value $404. $79 Savings!!!
- Pledge $625 - Book Plus Large Metal Print. Make a STATEMENT in your house with a large 24"x36" Metal Print (Your choice of image from my site www.TheDigitalMirage.com) AND a signed Art of Abandonment Volume II book! Retail Value $754. $129 Savings!!!
- Pledge $2,000 - Book Plus EPIC Metal Print. You'd better make some wall space for this HUGE 40"x60" Metal Print! (Your choice of image from my site: www.TheDigitalMirage.com) Of course you get a signed copy of the book as well! This epic metal print retails for $2,695 so enjoy this super limited KickStarter savings of almost $700!!!
Risks and challenges
The book is ready to be printed, I have completed the design, layout, and proofreading and editing of all text. While the company I am working with to produce the book is US based, the actual printing process takes place in China. This is where the majority of books that are printed in large quantities are produced. The only foreseeable risks and challenges that could potentially delay delivery of the final product to you would be related to the shipment of the books overseas (ie. a customs inspection that delays the containers), or if there were an error in the printing process that warranted a reprint of the books to be done. In the unlikely case of such delays, you will be notified at once and given updates on the status of the books as often as I receive them from the print lab.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)