**SEE UPDATES FOR STRETCH GOAL**
Mission Statement: Factotum Brewhouse assists homebrewers in creating a highly-drinkable product by providing professional brewing equipment, guidance and education, and a beer-loving community defined by mutual support, unbiased opinion, and a philosophy that anybody can brew.
About: Colorado is America's premier craft beer mecca. Don't believe me? Consider these facts:
- Colorado has 160+ breweries, 4th most per capita of all 50 states.
- Denver hosts the Great American Beer Festival, the largest assembly of U.S. beer, each year.
- The Brewers Association, the trade organization for all American craft brewers, is based in Boulder.
- The American Homebrewers Association, a subset of the Brewers Association, is also based in Boulder.
- John Hickenlooper, former mayor of Denver and current governor of Colorado, co-founded the state's first brewpub, Wynkoop Brewing Company.
Despite these facts and countless others like them and despite our great and numerous breweries, there is a niche in Colorado craft beer culture that's been largely ignored. In fact, in all of America, this niche has yet to be accommodated. We're talking about the homebrewer.
There are times when pro-am homebrew winners are allowed to re-create their recipe at a commercial brewery, there are breweries that allow the average folk to brew the COMPANY'S recipe on-site, and there are even places that do allow people to brew their own batch but only on a small scale (one or two kegs). At Factotum Brewhouse, the focus is on guest brewers 24/7. YOU bring us YOUR recipe, YOU brew on OUR 7BBL equipment, and we'll serve YOUR beer to thirsty patrons.
This is a great service for any number of people:
- People who want to open a brewery some day and would like to receive unbiased feedback from the drinking public.
- People who don't want to open a brewery but still want to hone their homebrew skills and achieve a modest amount of recognition for their efforts.
- People who have never homebrewed before but love beer and want to learn the ropes.
- Small groups such as bachelor(ette) parties, birthday parties, or team-building exercises.
Homebrewers can expect a lot of fun competitions and a lot of recognition for their hard work and the average, drinking customer can expect an ever-rotating taplist of a wide variety of beers.
Why We're On Kickstarter: Factotum Brewhouse is located near the intersection of Pecos and I-70 in Denver. Local homebrewers may recognize that location since it's where you'll find Stomp Them Grapes homebrew shop. We're hoping to do a lot of cross-promotion with those folks.
However, you might also remember that this particular area is quite industrial. That fact alone is okay; there are lots of local breweries in very similar locations. Plus, we plan on keeping a lot of the industrial elements because, simply put, that's a cool look. It can't be ALL industrial though; we want to make it a vibrant and engaging space, too. As of now, our taproom is a blank canvas so let's turn it into a work of art! Nobody wants to drink fine, hand-crafted beer in a drab environment, do they? Let's design a place worthy of the beers YOU will be making.
A few of the improvements we intend to make:
- Insert glass panels into the garage door to let natural light in.
- Install better, more artistic lighting fixtures.
- Purchase comfortable tables and chairs.
- Construct a stately bar top.
- Buy art to adorn the walls.
All of the funds we raise on Kickstarter will DIRECTLY benefit you, the customer. You let us worry about the boring stuff (toilets, security system, point of sale system) and we'll make sure anything we raise on Kickstarter will go towards making the customer experience THAT much better. Beer is good anywhere but it's even better in an awesome taproom.
Risks and challenges
Construction time and the acquisition of a liquor license can sometimes set a project back. However, they are merely delays. There is no foreseeable obstacle that will stop this project outright.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (37 days)