Many people have reported that some of their figures (most often nightgaunts) are twisted so they lean in a non-Euclidean direction. If this bothers you, it is stunningly easy to fix – simply immerse the bent part of the figure in hot water (not boiling, but too hot to comfortably hold your finger in) until it heats through, and then bend it back into shape.
Occasionally (not often) this loosens the glue on the figure, and a piece may come off. Not to worry. This is easy to fix, too! Read on.
My Figure is in Two or More Pieces!
Some figures have popped out of their base, or have had an arm, wing, or tentacle come loose. In most cases, the break happens along a glue line, and you’ll see a peg-and-socket joint you can fit the missing limb into. To repair such a broken figure:
1) check to see that it fits back into the joint smoothly. (If not, you may want to use the hot-water treatment described above to squeeze the figure back into the correct configuration.)
2) If old glue is left in the joint, you may want to clean it off first (scraping with a fingernail often works).
3) get hold of some glue! We recommend airplane glue or plastic cement – this seems to work better than superglue. Zap-a-Gap works like a charm. Many backers say Gorilla Glue is great for this purpose too.
4) Place a tiny drop of the glue into the socket, or on the pin (but not both). Fit the piece together, and wait for the glue to set.
5) Presto! It’s fixed.
In some cases, these fixes won’t work, perhaps because the plastic is actually cracked (though even those can sometimes be glued together seamlessly), or because the damage is not glue-able (like a torn faction card). In this case, we are happy to help. Please follow these steps:
1) Take a clear photo of each damaged component.
2) Send the photograph to us at email@example.com. It is helpful to also include an itemized list of the damaged components. For example, “the Black Goat faction card is torn, and one Byakhee is missing a wing”.
3) Include your order ID from the tracking e-mail. It’ll look something like “7717690-MCP”.
When we get your e-mail, we will store it (sadly, that's all we can do for now). When we get our copies of the game from the shipper (no, we don’t have them yet), we will retrieve your mailing, assemble the missing pieces, and ship them to you at no cost (to you, that is.)
P. S. for those in North America still awaiting your shipments, I feel your pain. I just got my OWN tracking number today, so I am apparently in the last group shipped! *sigh*