This is my first set of TerraScapes. I present to you a natural Caves & Grottos core set. With the full range of double sided modular tiles, you can quickly create ultra-realistic cavern scenarios for any of your spelunking adventures! If you've ever found yourself in a cave, you know how under represented they are in the games that we love to play. There is nothing linear about spelunking and caverns aren't flat! Caves are twisted sections of open air encased by cool moist rocky walls. That's why I've coined this terrain as a Nonlinear Modular Terrain System, and it's a new way of dressing your Tabletop with functional, dynamic terrain for all your Tabletop RPG's, War and Skirmish Games!
TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos strives to simulate natural terrain for optimal immersion and strategic playability. To maximize the possibilities every tile is double sided! This means that with every tile you get twice the possible play space! Both tops and bottoms of each tile can be used in your layouts! Each tile is designed to work like a table where instead of legs, you have stalactites and large rocks. It allows you to stack them up however you want! This gives your layout real depth and introduces a whole new dimension for increased strategical encounters. Whether it's for your big boss battle, wargame or random encounter, everything you'll need for an endless tactical cavern layout comes with our set of Caves & Grottos!
This video shows how to build an endless array of immersive caverns for your tabletop!
TerraScapes are produced in Port Clinton, OH, by the really awesome Effin Cool Minis casting house. They are cast in Durable Dorkenite Resin. Don't believe in Dorkenite? I've got proof. Here is a video of me beating them against my hardwood gaming table.
What's in the Full Set? I have a ton of tiles prototyped and ready for this campaign. If everything is unlocked we will have 9 Core double-sided tiles, 3 exclusive large double-sided KS tiles, 2 Rock Packs which include a total of 8 double-sided rocks and rock/well combinations, 2 sets of Stalactite risers containing a total of 4 risers, 3 double-sided flowstone/pit centerpieces and 4 packs of double-sided wall sections containing 8 wall sections. This is everything you'll need to bring to life any dynamic cavern scenario that you could possibly dream up! You can purchase any of these Packs of tiles or accessories as Add-ons as they are unlocked during this campaign by managing your pledge amount and adding their cost(s). If you are bad with arithmetic, just send me a message and I'll give you hand personally!
I know, I know... I'm getting ahead of myself here! When the campaign launches we'll only have the three tiles from Core Pack:A, and the exclusive KS:1 tiles available. Whenever we unlock another Core Pack, I will also unlock another exclusive KS tile for you to snatch up! I am fairly confident that we are going to smash through almost every stretch goal I have planned.
With the exception of the Stalac-Packs, note that every terrain piece in TerraScapes is double-sided. The following graphics depict both the tops and bottoms of every piece and are not separate pieces offered with the packs. The sizes listed are in terms of tile height. So a Size 2 piece is two tiles high. A Size 3 piece is 3 tiles high.
Please Manage your Pledge if you would like to add-on any pieces. A survey will be sent after the Kickstarter has concluded for you to list which add-ons and options (like paint schemes) you would like. All shipping charges will be handled by a Third Party Pledge Manager after the Kickstarter as well. You will have until December 1st, 2017 to update your Pledge using this Pledge Manager
As each set of new tiles and accessories are unlocked we will journey deeper into what TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos has to offer any story. During this campaign, your very pledges will move a group of adventurers through the deep, exploring the sets that you unlock. Our heroes fate will depend upon your support! When the campaign ends, our adventurers will either perish or succeed in escaping these deep Caves & Grottos!
We have crushed all my planned terrain Stretch Goals! Dreams do come true! I cannot thank you all enough! I feel very happy with the level of content in Caves & Grottos. For the remaining Stretch Goals I'd like to focus on decorating and modifying your Caves, rather than building them up.
- Little Mushrooms - Unlocked at $21,000 - Add-On for $5 - Get 1 pack free with each complete set for up to 5 sets. These pewter cast pieces will be great for not only modifying your TerraScapes, but adding to your bases, displays and dioramas! We have already unlocked a tutorial video showing how to make and paint these little shrooms. If you wish to skip the sculpting process, these will be exactly what you'll need for the job!
- Little crystals - Unlocked at $22,000 - Add-On for $5 - Get 1 pack free with each complete set for up to 5 sets. These pewter cast pieces will be great for not only modifying your TerraScapes, but adding to your bases, displays and dioramas! We have already unlocked a tutorial video showing how to make and paint these little crystals. If you wish to skip the sculpting process, these will be exactly what you'll need for the job!
- Little Monster Eggs - Unlocked at $23,000 - Add-On for $5 - Get 1 pack free with each complete set for up to 5 sets These pewter cast pieces will be great for not only modifying your TerraScapes, but adding to your bases, displays and dioramas! We have already unlocked a tutorial video showing how to make and paint these little Monster Eggs. If you wish to skip the sculpting process, these will be exactly what you'll need for the job!
Introducing the Fungal Forest! an array of varying species of mushrooms, cast in pewter, for all your cave decor needs!
I am open to suggestions too! I am looking forward to working with the community in developing more content for this campaign!
It's up to you to help us along the way. By sharing this campaign page, we will unlock other possible paint schemes for the enthusiasts to choose from along with some video tutorials for the hobbyists out there!
- Rocky Caves Paint Scheme - The Default Paint Scheme on ALL TerraScapes: Caves and Grottos.
- Realistic Cave Pool Elite Add-on options for Painted, Complete Sets only - Unlocked at 30 Shares
- How to create Realistic Cave Pools, video tutorial - Unlocked at 30 shares
- Earthy Caves Paint Scheme option - Unlocked at 50 shares
- How to paint the Rocky Caves scheme, video tutorial - Unlocked at 60 shares
- Ice Caves Paint Scheme option - Unlocked at 100 shares
- Magnetized & Accessorized, video tutorial - Unlocked at 125 shares
- How to paint the Earthy Caves scheme, video tutorial - Unlocked at 150 shares
- Simple Sculpts, Adding Glowing Shrooms, video tutorial - Unlocked at 175 shares
- Simple Sculpts, Crystals, video tutorial at 200 shares
- Simple Sculpts, Creepy Eggs, video tutorial at 225 shares
- PDF Tutorials will be released with each Video Tutorial! Unlocked! This reward is unlocked at 250 shares
- Quick Setup: These tiles are not like their linear cousins. Placing down just 1 tile covers the same area as 4 to 8 terrain pieces from other 3d terrain makers. You can create an awesome, natural looking layout in under a minute! You can literally throw them down and get right back to the game. There is a near infinite amount of possibilities.
- Modular Variety: Any part of any side of any tile can be placed next to or on top of any other tile. Be creative! They are also double sided! I guess that gives them twice the infinite variety then! HA!
- Realism: No other 3D terrain can match TerraScapes ability to create the most realistic looking Caves & Grottos. If you have ever ventured outside, you know that the natural world is not linear. This is the beauty inherent in a nonlinear terrain system! It's non uniform but structured design simulates a natural cave effortlessly. I can honestly say, even I didn't think they were going to work as well as they do. I'm floored every time I design another completely different layout than the one before.
- Scale Compatibility: The tile designs have been optimized for 15mm, 25mm, 28mm and even 32mm miniatures!
- Terrain Compatibility: Already own a fine cavern set or terrain set? Great! These tiles will enhance ANY other terrain set whether 2D or 3D that you may have already invested in! There is no guarantee that TerraScapes will be compatible with any 4D or higher dimensional terrain.
- Game Compatibility: Whether fantasy, sci-fi, western or modern, you may find yourself spelunking and adventuring your way through the deep!
- For Enthusiasts AND Hobbyists: We are offering 2 finished options for your set of TerraScapes only during the Kickstarter! The unpainted set is fresh from the mould to your hobby desk. They are ready for prep, primer and paint and of course any other accoutrements. The painted set comes prepped, primed, professionally painted and sealed by TerraScape's own design studio, MGStudio! i.e. My monkeys and Me!
- Durability: Made with 100% Dorkenite (a.k.a very sturdy and hard resin). I have thoroughly tested the material by throwing my first prototype into my hardwood table in a fit of nerd rage! Not a stalagmite was injured during this test!
- 100% American Made! This wonderful product is being produced by gamers just like you. It gives us great pleasure to contribute to your games and enhance the stories being told around your tabletop! I am both proud and honored to announce that Effin Cool Minis will be producing TerraScapes. I am also happy to announce that their studio is less than a 2 hour drive from mine! Moving from production to fulfillment won't involve any overseas partners, boats, shipping containers, or customs.
- Scale Modelling made easy! The caverns that you'll discover with Caves & Grottos practically build themselves. Some of the most interesting caverns I've seen made with TerraScapes were constructed by my 10 year old son.
- DayOne on KickTraq, check us out!!!
All Domestic and International shipping rates apply! I will be using a 3rd party Pledge Manager to account for all shipping charges! Here is a rough estimate for what to expect when shipping up to 3-5 Packs/Add-ons. I will do my best to find better international rates, but to really make a dent in them, I will need an outpour of international support to warrant shipping by boat to select countries. At this time I can not guarantee any better rates until I can gauge the international support! Furthermore, I will require that all International Shipping be insured.
USA $8-$17, Australia $68, Brazil $61, Canada $53, China $69, Japan $64, Mexico $55, Russia $68, UK $69, EU $58
In accordance4 with the State of Ohio, I will be collecting 7.25% from any Ohio resident Backer via the Third Pledge Manager.
Risks and challenges
While projects like this can and I assume will attract the very naughtiest of Gremlins, I am quite confident that each issue can be dealt with accordingly. This project will not have to wait on overseas partners, shipping containers and customs, or any other major logistics issues as it is 100% American made. The casting studio, Effin Cool Miniatures is less than a 2 hour drive from my studio. This will ease the transition from production to fulfillment. My studio will also be professionally painting all these lovely tiles! I will be mobilizing a small contingent of painting monkeys to see each tile is painted to my studio's high standards. Furthermore, any unlocked tiles or packs that have yet to be finished will be finished, as I am the one who sculpts them. I do not have to wait or rely on commission work to see this project through to fulfillment and beyond!
Finally, this is my first Kickstarter Campaign and Project to be funded. This may be the biggest hurdle to overcome. However I can tell you that I am very much excited to see my studio's first big distribution on your tabletop! It is more than enough motivation to get the job done.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (23 days)