Wow, it's been 3 years since I launched the "Approaching Infinity" kickstarter, 2 years since its release, and 1 year since the last update.
After being so badly burned by Shrapnel Games' business practices, and unable to afford to buy them out, I turned away from Rogue-Like games for a long time.
But now I've gone back to what I love, and I would like to present to you "Curse of Yendor", a sword-and-sorcery modern rogue-like, focused on tactical combat, terrain deformation, and completing mini-quests.
The story behind the game goes like this (it's a twist on the classic 'rogue' theme) :
"Your nemesis has found the Amulet of Yendor... Defeat him before he ascends to God-Hood!"
- Explore vast procedural dungeons, forests, swamps, and towers
- Dig through walls, burn trees, freeze rivers, and cause earthquakes
- Defeat hordes of powerful monsters
- Complete mini-quests on each floor to gain permanent rewards
- Solve puzzles to unlock unique artifacts
- Enjoy total support for keyboard and mouse control
- Experience deep tactical combat with complex vulnerabilities and resistances
I'm not bringing this game to kickstarter at this time, but I *am* asking for your 'yes' votes and positive comments on the Steam Greenlight Campaign.