QindredCam: The Intelligent Wearable Camera (Canceled)
QindredCam: The Intelligent Wearable Camera (Canceled)
The Intelligent Wearable Camera that lets you Live Your Moments, while sharing them privately with your loved ones.
The Intelligent Wearable Camera that lets you Live Your Moments, while sharing them privately with your loved ones. Read more
Dear Backers and Kickstarters,
We will relaunch our campaign.
The Qindred Team would like to express our warm gratitude to our backers and we would like to keep in touch with all of you for the relaunch. You will find more information here: cam.qindred.com
Please tell your friends and family about QindredCam and help us spread the word about our campaign! Don't forget to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with new campaign announcements and rewards.
The Qindred Team
QindredCam: The intelligent wearable camera
The technology of Wearable Cameras is a great complement to traditional point-and-shoot cameras. With the promise of being able to spontaneously capture the precious moments in your life, Wearable Cameras are poised to be the "next big thing" in lifestyle technology. Yet, the current selection of Wearable Cameras on the market falls short of these expectations. They have simplistic process of capturing video constantly or capturing photos at fixed intervals, leaving you with hours of video or thousands of unwanted photos to sift through each day.
Qindred solves these problems. Our team at Qindred has created the first Wearable Camera with built-in intelligence, along with a Cloud Service to help you curate, edit, and share your photos. Unlike other wearables on the market, the QindredCam captures photos and videos using an array of sensors and intelligent software all aimed to help you capture photos only when it matters.
When the QindredCam is connected to WiFi, all the photos and videos you take are sent to the cloud. There, they will be organized and edited for you and your loved ones to enjoy on our Qindred mobile app or any browser. The "Highlight" option on the app will only show you the best photos or videos, as refined by our Cloud Service. Once your moments are safely stored in the cloud, you can privately share them with your family and friends. Anyone can get a Qindred login for free, whether or not they have the camera.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy your time with family and friends! Clip the QindredCam to yourself, wear it around your neck, or secure it with our magnets—let us help you capture and curate your life's special moments, so that you are free to enjoy them to their fullest.
Live Your Moments.
A sneak peek at the new look....read on for more details below....
*Note: Below is 1 of the 3 final designs that backers will vote on
- Automatic, intelligent photo and video capturing based on its environment
- User selectable "InterActive" mode for special moments you don't want to miss (such as child's birthday party...this mode will reduce battery standby time)
- User selectable "Active" mode for non-social moments you don't want to miss (such as hiking in a beautiful park...this mode will reduce battery standby time)
- Manual Capture option for photo and video (control at your finger tip)
- 8 megapixels SONY camera sensor
- 140° wide-angle lens
- Maximum 8 megapixel photo capture
- Maximum 1080p video capture
- 2 built-in microphones for audio capture with noise cancellation
- Built-in speaker for alerts, comfort music or communication
- Sensors to make sure the best quality photos are being captured. These sensors are sensing the wearer's motion, lighting conditions, and what is in front of the camera.
- GPS (used to organize photos by location)
- 4 GB of internal storage (this will be used as storage space when you don't have access to wifi)
- WiFi and Bluetooth wireless access
Battery charging and management:
- 10-15 hours of battery life
(depending on amount of activity in your environment)
- Micro-USB charging
- Interchangeable wearable mounts (clips and magnets)
- Removable straps
- mounting options for home, car and bike
Let's check out the free apps and cloud services of Qindred!
There are 3 flavors of Qindred apps to interact with Qindred:
- Qindred Android App
- Qindred iOS App
- Qindred web
Qindred web (Beta now!):
Qindred mobile apps are free for download to anyone from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The primary function of the mobile app is to help manage and view your curated content and devices. Qindred mobile has three types of screens:
- "View" screen
- "My Devices" management screen (must be used with QindredCams)
- "Upload" screen
You do not have to own a QindredCam to use Qindred but owning one or more QindredCams will make your experience more enjoyable! Following is a video capture of Qindred Android app: Hope you like it and feedback is welcomed!
After you launch Qindred, the menu on the upper left corner is divided into 3 sections--Views, My Devices and Sign out.
Moment screen default will be your curated content in highlight mode. Additional filter modes include:
- Favorite (content marked as favorites by you and your family and friends)
- Photos (toggle photo contents)
- Video (toggle video contents)
- Content from (who shared the content?)
- Content that features (who is in the content?)
You will also be able to:
- Wirelessly upload content taken by your mobile phone to the Qindred cloud
- View notifications (such as firmware updates or low-battery alerts)
The "Album" view allows you to organize and share content within albums. Device and smartphone uploads will automatically be organized into their respective albums.
The "My Favorites" view will present content you have selected as your favorite.
The QindredCam "Device Management" screen allows you to manage a specific camera selected from the My Device menu. Besides seeing the live-view in front of the camera, the following information can be managed:
- Content not yet uploaded to the Cloud
- Photo capture
- Video capture
Qindred web runs on any browser. You can log in to your account from www.qindred.com to view and manage your content. Most of the functions available on the mobile version are available on web, except for "My Device" management. You can only manage QindredCams with the mobile apps.
After content is uploaded to Qindred Cloud, we will automatically perform the following functions:
- Enhance- improve the uploaded content based on lighting condition
- Curate- organize and select the best content based on our intelligent algorithms and your preference!
- Create- improve the content by creating accentuated content and stories (highlight reels)
- Presentation- present the highlighted and enhanced content based on your preference
Sample output of our Qindred Service include the following:
Auto story creation (Highlight Reels)
Key features for Qindred Services:
- Safely and securely share your images and video with any family and friends who also have Qindred (online or mobile)
- Automatic curation of photos of your loved ones that are well lit, clear, ... and of course, filled with smiles ☺︎
- Cloud storage for highlighted and "favorite" content (Premium users will have more storage and management service)
- Automatic creation of high-quality, shareable content and stories (Premium users will have unlimited content creation service)
- Presentation of quality content to your loved ones based on their preferences.
Now that you have a better understanding about our Qindred App and services, let's step back and walk through some history of our QindredCam development.
QindredCam started out as a breadboard...
After testing and debug of initial prototype, we committed it to a Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
Industrial and Mechanical design (ID/MD) of prototype was being designed in parallel
The bare boards are back!
Let's test the heck out of it! There are a lot of electronics to verify on such a small package!
The QindredCam Firmware, Qindred software and Cloud engine were all being developed in parallel by the Qindred Team. As you can see, the Qindred Team is a strong multi-disciplined team. Within the last six months, we have decided to design a new 140 degree wide angle lens module to improve the quality of the photos and video taken. We also decided to design a smaller and sleeker casing for the final product and ask our Kickstarter backers to help us select the final product ID (industrial design). Of course, firmware and software development was being optimized in parallel.
We've been busy in the last 18 months and now Qindred is ready for launch! Of course, we will continue to add intelligence and features to the firmware and software. Qindred was designed from the beginning with user-friendly OTA (Over-the-Air) field upgradeability in mind. Therefore, QindredCam will grow with our community.
Voting on the Final Design:
If you like the innovation, functionality and look of our prototype, you will love our final product because QindredCam's final Industrial Design is in YOUR hands!. Here is another sneak peek of the 3 industrial design (ID) ideas with a different skin color (yes...the skin can be changed!) We will contact you for voting when you become our backer, at which time we will present you with more details of the 3 designs for your vote. The electronics and software are exactly the same for the 3 industrial designs. Have a voice in the development of Qindred!
Beta testers, are you willing to commit your time, passion and ideas?
(***FOR ANDROID USERS ONLY***)
• A limited number (20) of our most passionate backers will receive the current QindredCam Prototype and be our Beta Testers! We will be in touch with the Beta Testers after they receive the QindredCam Prototype and can’t wait for them to tell us all their thoughts on the product, what they love, what they want more of, and even creative recommendations regarding the look of the final version of the QindredCam before it hits the shelves!
Please keep in mind Beta Testers will have to set aside some time to give feedback and take the relevant surveys for the Qindred Team.
* Reminder: The QindredCam is primarily a "social camera" and is at its best when there are people around. Thus, we’d like our Beta Testers to commit only if they will be in the presence of others (family, kids, friends) when using the prototype.
Here is a Beta test unit ready to ship:
We have worked hard to create QindredCam, an innovative wearable solution which revolutionizes how photos and videos are captured and enjoyed with your loved ones. By contributing to our project and help us get the product to market, you will not only get a great product, but also support a young startup consisting of a passionate team with an exciting vision.
Join us on our venture if you like being in the forefront of technology and help create the next wave of intelligent camera and services.
Your contributions and support will be used to:
- Select the new industrial design and take our functional prototype to mass production, making it available to our backers and the public.
- Fine tune our product
- Compliance testing and Certifications
- Mechanical tooling
- Component sourcing
- Mass production of our first product which you help to create
Gizmag: Acumulus9 aims to improve upon the existing lifelogging camera experience by not taking photos at predetermined intervals, but having its QindredCam select when and where to take a snap. It offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and incorporates cloud storage to make it easy for users to view and share content.
TechMASH: They have managed to combine two essential functions, intelligent software and a cloud storage system that work together to ensure that nothing important is missed, while allowing the user to edit, file and share this content with family and friends.
Cool Wearables: The QindredCam is a WiFi connected camera with cloud support, allowing you to take, edit, and share photos like a pro.
David Susilo Uncensored: ...the photos uploaded to the cloud will be selected, cropped, and can be downloaded ready to be distributed or as a slideshow. This is amazing...
Help us reach our funding goal, so that we can reach our product and societal goal: helping you Live Your Moments.
Risks and challenges
The Qindred Team is confident that our electronics and firmware are ready for production. Our firmware supports OTA (Over-the-Air) upgrade; therefore your QindredCam will be upgraded with the latest intelligent firmware as you use Qindred. Of course, we will always request your approval when it's time to upgrade.
We want our backers to be part of the design process, which is why we are asking our backers to vote on the Industrial Design (ID) of the external casing. Our wearable casing will be manufactured after the final tally of your votes. We will work closely with our OEM (manufacturer) partner in Taiwan and keep our backers informed of production progress. The key production obstacle will be the new sleeker casing and the smaller and rounder PCB. We have gone through small volume production of the prototype as well as a lot of internal and beta testing. Therefore, we have gone through a manufacturing trial run of the QindredCam. We hope our backers will understand any obstacles in the production process due to the new smaller, sleeker and more aesthetic new design. We will tackle them moving forward while sharing our efforts with our backers.
Our key asset is the people who support us and believe in our vision to make Qindred a reality. We want to thank you and promise you that we will deliver and continue to refine the revolutionary experience of living your moments while capturing, curating and improving them to share with your loved ones.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)