I had been dreaming of the idea for #ShareJesus for a couple of years when last year at Thanksgiving I decided to pull the trigger and go all in. The idea was to combine the power of social media with the power and grace of the Gospel. If the Gospel is the "good news" then why aren't we as a church doing a better job of communicating that on social media? We need to effectively translate to the online world who Jesus is and what it means to follow him.
#ShareJesus is a 2-3 minute video about Jesus based on the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday featuring top Catholic speakers from around the United States. These videos are geared for sharing and speak to the hearts of average people. The heart of the message is the proclamation of who Jesus is in a way that is engaging, thought-provoking, and eye-opening.
Over the course of Lent we were able to reach over 1.5 million people with our videos. Most weeks of Lent, our engagement numbers on Facebook were higher than the several other large Catholic Lent programs combined. Numbers are important measuring sticks, but even more important to us was the overwhelming positive feedback we have received from those involved. The best feedback we continue to receive is that people are tangibly experiencing Christ through these videos.
We heard so many requests from people after Lent to keep the videos going that we have continued to release a weekly video, but now we are gearing up to go back to daily videos. Instead of doing this for just Lent we are going to do this for Advent through Lent. This is increasing our daily videos from 47 (which we did in Lent 2015) to over 120. Our goal is to make #ShareJesus bigger, better and more awesome this year so more people can come to know Jesus.
HOW YOUR SUPPORT HELPS
Your support helps brings this project to life. Your support enables:
- Video production costs (we will film speakers local to the Pittsburgh Area)
- Post-Production Editing
- HTML email marketing (Our large email list costs approximately $3000 annually to maintain)
- High Quality Website
- Advertising on Social Media (Highly effective return on investment: typical costs are less than $0.001 a video view when we promote videos on Facebook.)
WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
Join us. Be a part of the #ShareJesus project by:
1. Prayer. Please pray for the success of this project. This project is about spreading the good news. Nothing is more vital in evangelization than prayer support.
2. Give. Please consider making a financial gift today. Our goal of $18,000 is the minimum of what it will take to make this project a reality, but the more that is raised the more people we can reach through #ShareJesus. We have been able to do amazing things on a shoestring budget and we believe with financial support we can do so much more.
3. Give us your feedback and ideas for #ShareJesus. Go to http://redeemedonline.com/survey/ and take our survery.
4. Share. Share this project with your friends. If you believe in #ShareJesus ask your friends to get on board as well.
This quote I recently read by Sam Shoemaker sums up my desire for #ShareJesus: "The Holy Spirit was given to the Church, and has never been withdrawn. Our need for Him, and for the awakening which He brings is mounting by the hour. Nothing else on earth seems to me to matter quite so much as that we attempt to put our lives at His disposal, so that if He wills to use us, we are there to be used."
I am all in and ready to be used by God again. Will you join us and be a part of the #ShareJesus movement?
Risks and challenges
We are confident that #ShareJesus 2015/2016 will happen by the grace of God and because of the people like YOU that make up this amazing movement. Last year was just the tip of iceberg.
There are a lot challenges that went in to making this happen last year, but we've learned a lot and are ready for what the new venture entails!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)