Drinking Buddies is a thinking game for drinking people that combines three of our favorite things: strategy, party games, and beer. Easy to learn, hard to master, and always fun as hell to play, Drinking Buddies is perfect for parties and game nights alike.
Here's an overview of the gameplay experience:
- Action cards: These cards give you the ability to do things like refill one of your shots or make an opponent drink one of theirs
- Buddy cards: These cards are used to form Buddy relationships with other players, creating a transfer effect that applies to drink and refill actions
- How to win: The game ends the first time any player has emptied all of their shots, and the player with the most full shots left over at the end of the game wins
- Strategy: The general idea is to use your Buddy cards to maximize the effect of your Action cards from turn to turn to help you end the game in the lead
- Countering: Expect the unexpected! Opponents can counter Action cards played against them under certain conditions, so there's no guarantee your turn will go according to plan
Be sure to watch our videos to see the game in action, and check out the official Drinking Buddies rulebook for a more in-depth look at the game's mechanics.
We're asking for your support to help us produce the game, and we've got a lot of exciting rewards we'd love to give back to our contributors as a "thank you" for your pledges, including Drinking Buddies branded t-shirts and shot glasses and of course copies of the game itself.
Visit our website for more information about our company, Wasted Minds, and check us out on Twitter @wastedmindsllc.
On a serious note, while we are all about having a good time, safety and responsibility are very important to us. Always remember to drink and play responsibly.
Risks and challenges
We spent over a year and half playtesting and refining Drinking Buddies in order to strike the perfect balance between the complexity needed to make the game fun and challenging and the simplicity needed to ensure players can learn it quickly in a party environment.
If the project funds, you can confidently expect rewards to be fulfilled within 6 months of the funding date. I'm a project manager in my day job, so I know how to stick to a timeline and make sure deadlines are met on or ahead of schedule.
Long story short: we've put in the time and effort needed to ensure this game is a blast to play, and we have the experience needed to ensure our project plan is executed in a timely and effective manner if the campaign is successful.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)