HYPERBOREA: OTHERWORLDLY TALES
From North Wind Adventures, creators of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™, come two exciting new adventure modules for the AS&SH™ game: The Lost Treasure of Atlantis™ and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter™.
THE LOST TREASURE OF ATLANTIS
The Lost Treasure of Atlantis, by Chainsaw, is an adventure in HYPERBOREA designed for from four to six characters of 6th through 8th level.
In the far reaches of Hyperborea’s Crab Archipelago lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors recently have witnessed a crimson glow in Crystal Point’s waters and beams of russet light shining up from its steep cliffs. Too, unusually frequent lightning storms in the area have torn the sky in blinding flashes, shattering the air with their awesome sound. The seedy wharf taverns of Khromarium and elsewhere buzz with these strange tales—some even speculate that Crystal Point may hold the lost treasure of Atlantis!
THE SEA-WOLF'S DAUGHTER
The Sea-Wolf's Daughter, by Jeffrey P. Talanian, is an adventure in HYPERBOREA designed for from four to six characters of 7th through 9th level.
Your party finds itself in the employ of Ragnarr the Sea-Wolf, a jarl of New Vinland and a reaver of old. His daughter, a shield-maiden named Gunnhildr, has been abducted by a brute called Björn Blackbeard. During a desperate search, the Sea-Wolf crossed sails with a former rival, and from the blood-flecked lips of a dying foe, he learnt the location of Blackbeard’s stronghold. Now, deep in the misty fjords of Brigand’s Bay, where cutthroats, pirates, and freebooters thrive, you have been charged with liberating the Sea-Wolf’s daughter.
These two new AS&SH adventure modules feature the following creators:
- Text: Chainsaw, Jeffrey P. Talanian
- Editing and development: Ben Ball, David Prata, Jeffrey P. Talanian
- Art and cartography: Daisey Bingham, Johnathan Bingham, Andreas Claren, Mick Fernette, David Hoskins, Peter Mullen, Diogo Nogueira, Glynn Seal, Val Semeiks, Del Teigeler, Mike Tenebrae
Pledge level rewards are as follows:
- $10 = PDF of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis.
- $10 = PDF of The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
- $19 = PDFs of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
- $26 = Print Module + PDF of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis.
- $26 = Print Module + PDF of The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
- $50 = Print Modules and PDFs of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
- $150 = Retailer Package, which includes 5 of each print module. Proof of physical retail shop is required.
- $1,299 = Atlantis Original Art. Original Peter Mullen painting for cover of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis. Print Modules and PDFs of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
- $1,299 = Sea-Wolf Original Art. Original Del Teigeler painting for cover of The Sea-Wolf's Daughter. Print Modules and PDFs of The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and The Sea-Wolf's Daughter.
We have come up with some modest stretch goals for this Kickstarter campaign. More may be added while the project is live.
- $13,000 = Inside Cover Maps. ***UNLOCKED*** Printing on the inside covers is a traditional and well-received component of classic RPG adventure modules.
- $17,000 = Shirt Add-on. ***UNLOCKED*** Our newest shirt unlocked as an add-on purchase, a tri-blend (cotton, polyester, rayon) baseball raglan featuring art by David Hoskins.
- $21,000 = Bookmarks. Every print customer receives a free 2 x 6-inch card stock bookmark inserted in each module purchased. These bookmarks will feature the cover art seen above.
We will have several exciting add-ons to offer. Add-ons will be managed through BackerKit after the campaign is over.
***It is not necessary to increase your Kickstarter pledge for add-ons!***
Add-ons increase shipping fees, which will be billed through Backerkit afterwards. The following items are amongst those that will be included as add-ons:
- Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™ (compleat hardback) ($69.99)
- AS&SH™ Players' Manual (softcover) ($39.99)
- AS&SH™ Player Character Folder ($14.99)
- AS&SH™ Referee's Screen ($19.99)
- The Anthropophagi of Xambaala™ ($24.00)
- The Beasts of Kraggoth Manor™ ($22.00)
- Beneath the Comet™ ($22.00)
- Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess™ ($22.00)
- Ghost Ship of the Desert Dunes™ ($22.00)
- The Mystery at Port Greely™ ($20.00)
- Rats in the Walls and Other Perils™ ($20.00)
Each of the two adventure modules offered in this Kickstarter also will be offered as BackerKit add-ons, for those who would like extra copies:
- The Lost Treasure of Atlantis ($26.00)
- The Sea-Wolf's Daughter ($26.00)
And of course our newest HYPERBOREA shirt (see above) will be available if the appropriate stretch goal is met.
Fulfillment for digital rewards (PDFs) is handled by DriveThruRPG. If you do not have an account with DriveThruRPG, please start one. When we collect survey information, we will ask you for the email address associated with that account.
Fulfillment for physical rewards is handled in-house by North Wind Adventures. We do not use third parties for the fulfillment of physical rewards.
At North Wind Adventures, we employ the finest shipping techniques. We enclose items in bubblewrap, and we use boxes to ship, not envelopes. Please note that shipping fees will be billed through BackerKit after the campaign is over.
***Please do not increase your pledge to account for shipping!***
This will be managed after the campaign is over.
The following fees are estimates based on projected size and weight of each pledge item. Note that if you purchase any add-ons, shipping fees increase accordingly. Current estimates are as follows:
- 1 adventure module = $6 USA, $18 Canada, $25 Rest of the World
- 2 adventure modules = $6 USA, $27 Canada, $37 Rest of the World
- Retail Bundle = $9 USA, $47 Canada, $67 Rest of the World
- Original Art Bundle = $17 USA, $75 Canada, $100 Rest of the World
Risks and challenges
Every Kickstarter project faces potential setbacks that can slow or even halt production. To mitigate the possibility of setbacks, I've taken several steps to ensure a positive outcome: The writing is done, the cover art done, most of the interior art and maps are finished, and editing is underway. Once this Kickstarter funds, we will have layout, printing, and fulfillment to manage.
Stretch goals are another concern. Of course, the idea is to create stretch goals that provide incentive for additional funding, but it is easy to fall into the trap of dreaming up stretch goals that are difficult, costly, and/or time-consuming to produce. To this end, I've come up with modest, reasonable stretch goals.
This is our SEVENTH Kickstarter campaign. Pledge with confidence! :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)